Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2919220 - 04/04/18 03:36 PM A Rave Review for my Latest CD!
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Man, this guy gets it. This is for DUOTUNES, the album of improvised duets with guitarist Ken Basman who passed away before it was completed. A very special project--JAZZIZ Magazine featured it on their summer sampler, but this is even a stronger endorsement in some ways.

He gets a few things wrong--Ken Basman died two years ago and the ensemble plays on on of Ken's compositions, not Metheny's. But what he gets right, he nails it. Made me cry to read this out loud to my wife.

https://sandiegotroubadour.com/2018/04/doug-robinson-ken-basman-duotunes/

KC Island
#2919255 - 04/04/18 08:19 PM Re: A Rave Review for my Latest CD! [Re: Jazzooo]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
just finished reading, Doug. Good for you. I remember you posting videos of this duet/quartet a few years back.
MojoGuyPan

#2919287 - 04/05/18 12:37 AM Re: A Rave Review for my Latest CD! [Re: davedoerfler]
RudyS Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Groningen, The netherlands
wow! A good way to honour Ken's playing.

#2919842 - 04/07/18 06:36 AM Re: A Rave Review for my Latest CD! [Re: RudyS]
Jazzooo Offline
Gold Member

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Thanks, guys. I sent out 45 copies for review over a year. If we are only going to get two publications to notice, then im grateful they are generous like Jazziz and The Troubadour.