Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2922034 - 04/18/18 04:42 AM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: d]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
You gotta wonder why they turned it into more of an instrumental.

And I think that "3rd Stone" idea is too close a call. wink
Whitefang

GP Island
#2922211 - 04/18/18 04:27 PM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: whitefang]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
Re "Squirrelly Cat", one wouldn't wonder if one dug what Cream did by tightening up the riff & emphasizing it's spinning nature.

#2922405 - 04/19/18 01:50 PM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: d]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

laugh
Heh;heh---

"Spinning". You tickle me sometimes.

But I know what you're trying to say. And in that vein, I wonder why, in also some discussion of "Fresh Cream" tracks, this one was overlooked---

Whitefang

#2922457 - 04/20/18 03:29 AM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: whitefang]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Yeah, well this was quickly covered in '67 by a local "D" band SRC( Scot Richard Case) and was heard by most of us 'round here on AM radio( it was the "B" side of an intended single) before we'd ever heard of Cream. wink

Yeah....the "good old days" wink

Whitefang

#2922550 - 04/20/18 12:15 PM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: whitefang]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Quote:
...But I know what you're trying to say...

I didn't try to say, I said...&[#who's never get it], no y don't.

#2925768 - 05/07/18 03:04 PM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: d]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

From the FWIW pile here's a clip that provides some of the info I referred to above:

Chk the area of 12:30~14:13 & specifically the section 12:50~13:50

#2925812 - 05/07/18 10:29 PM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: d]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Lots of good info and cuts on the video D...Playing in front of those Marshall stacks had to be ear shattering and I'm glad the boys still had their hearing after the final tour. I wonder if they wore ear plugs under their hair? The part about Eric and George Harrison co-writing/performing Badge, kind of got me to thinking about the Beatles again. I think Eric could have added a lot of cool leads if the Fab 4 had become the Fab 5. Anyway, it was a fun walk down memory lane. I could tell JT's tribute band had the utmost respect for Cream. I know Wheels of Fire is JT's and everyone else's favorite album, but I still like Best of Cream the best...just some of my random thoughts. cool

#2925845 - 05/08/18 04:48 AM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Like I stated, most "Best of" LPs usually pass over a lot of good tracks, at least in some individual's opinions, as a "favorite" of one guy might not be so well liked by another.

And "Best Of Cream" left out several tracks by the band that I liked a lot. But it is a good start. cool
Whitefang

#2925877 - 05/08/18 07:00 AM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
You would have to have more space on the record to cover more of Creams hits (like their double album). Best of Cream covers enough for me for a quick sit down. It doesn't mean that they didn't do a lot of great songs that wouldn't fit on the Best of Cream 33. cool

#2927553 - 05/17/18 02:42 PM Re: Crossroads By The Cream on Wheels Of Fire. [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Say, DONOVAN'S recent birthday reminded me of another thing that bugs me about some "Best of" or "Greatest hits" LPs....

That "Donovan's Greatest Hits" LP ( and now CD) that I have DOESN'T contain the ORIGINAL recordings of "Catch The Wind" and "Colours". But rather the two "remakes" from the later '60's.

Sure, I know those were on different labels(Hickory, not Epic), but the two "remakes" weren't ever released as singles and never did become"hits" on their own accord.

Luckily, I had those two on a compilation CD my daughter made for me some years ago, so it wound up OK. wink
Whitefang

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose