Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT - What are you listening to right now?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been out for six months now, but just got my hands on Gary Numan's latest: Songs From A Broken World. Man, I love his angular melodies and tasty synth orchestrations. Some of this album might brush up to the Industrial genre, or perhaps that's just what modern music has become. Anyhow, I like it lots. Several vids and tracks are on the Yoo-Toobs.

Here's one that seems to get many views:

http://www.okayplayer.com/music/the-suffers-do-whatever-single-music-audio-premiere.html

"The Suffers Bring A Bit Of Sunshine-y Gulf Coast Soul With Do Whatever Single"

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

This is a really excellent overview of "Hitch a Ride" by Boston.

Best song on the album IMO. Rick has the separate tracks and it's really neat to hear Scholz's organ solo isolated (at 10:45 in the video).

[video:youtube]

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

This is a really excellent overview of "Hitch a Ride" by Boston.

Best song on the album IMO. Rick has the separate tracks and it's really neat to hear Scholz's organ solo isolated (at 10:45 in the video).

Beato's YouTube channel is great.

Soul, R&B, Pop from Los Angeles

http://philipclark.com

Cannonball Gerald Albright Signature Alto, Yamaha YC73, Fender Rhodes, Roland Juno-106, Yamaha MX61, Roland VR-09, MicroKorg XL, Maschine Mikro, Yamaha Reface CP, Roland MKS-50

Punk rock isn't often associated with keyboards but I saw this band at the weekend and was blown away. Serious Cardiacs vibes (always a good thing) and seeing 100-odd punks pogoing to a big widdly synth solo warmed my heart! And no guitarist too ;)

I miss playing music people can dance to :(

(and before you get censorious, yes he can "actually" play)

I've been getting back into jazz and fusion and recently stumbled on a young keyboardist called Domi Degalle. Recently she has been demoing Omnisphere and Keyscape instruments on youtube and I've also been checking out her sound cloud page.

Just an amazing talent, her skills are amazing and she's only 18. Some stuff she posted on sound cloud when she was 14 just gobsmacked me. A highly gifted musician with some great songs.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.jazzmusicarchives.com/images/covers/brad-mehldau-seymour-reads-the-constitution-20180323001644.jpg

Also saw them live a month or so ago. They were killin'.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

ionnalee/iamamiwhoami, excellent singer and a good/deep message behind the audio/visuals

[video:youtube]sVWOZqsIm_0

[video:youtube]Hw0JmSRMXkY

Stuff: Roland:SH-201/U-110/S-330/TR-626/M-48 Akai: miniAK/S6000 Yamaha:DX9/HS8/xs7 Korg:05R/W/AX10G Alesis: Vortex MK1 CME: UF70 classic V2/WIDI Behringer: DSP2024Px2/UMC204HD/101/340/D/03/8 ESI:1010e