Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

In Ear Monitors are my latest purchase - Jerry Harvey JH11's. Completely revolutionised the way I gig. I can always hear myself, (in stereo), I get -26db of noise protection from the band, and in conjunction with a Zoom H4 as a mixer, have full control over ambient sound, and the mix between myself and the band.

It's helping me play better, because I'm not bashing to be heard, but nor am I deafening my fello muso by constantly turning up my amp like I used to have to do.

Above all, it makes gigs so much more enjoyable.

Yamaha YC73

Korg Kronos2 61

Yamaha CP88

Roland Jupiter 8

Roland JX3P

Roland D50

V Collection 6 from Arturia (update from v4)...

Im enjoying it thoroughly. The Prophet and Jupiter sound far better than before, and I really enjoy the Synclavier and DX-7 as well. The V collection went from something I wouldnt use in a composition (v4), to something that will wind up in probably all of my future compositions (v6). Its that much better than before.

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

In Ear Monitors are my latest purchase - Jerry Harvey JH11's. Completely revolutionised the way I gig. I can always hear myself, (in stereo), I get -26db of noise protection from the band, and in conjunction with a Zoom H4 as a mixer, have full control over ambient sound, and the mix between myself and the band.

It's helping me play better, because I'm not bashing to be heard, but nor am I deafening my fello muso by constantly turning up my amp like I used to have to do.

Above all, it makes gigs so much more enjoyable.

Wise move.

He invented IEMs and owns the8 most used patents.

Been using his Designs since NAMM 96.

Currently vented 11s, Layla for mastering and Roxannes for critical listening.

Its a way of life for me.

Best overnight support on the planet too.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

hey Marzzz, you finally did it. :thu:

The ReBirth Of VAX-77.....?

About damn time...

The VAX-77 is just fine; that was the rebirth of the GEM S3. I barely knew what I was doing, and managed to open up the keyboard, remove the old floppy drive, and install the floppy disk emulator; then I managed to make it work...!

Syntronik on sale, Sunrizer and Zeeon for ios. I love my hardware for gigs but IoS synths are where I'm having the most fun on a budget!

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

http://www.yamaha.com/us/namm/2016/images/MD-BT01/prod_img_md-bt01.jpg

A few months ago, someone had started a thread about the Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth midi adaptor which lets you wirelessly control synths on an iPad from any 5-pin midi keyboard. I picked one up and it works great. No noticeable latency noodling around with synths, though to be honest I haven't tried to play anything technical with it or use it in a band setting yet.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Congrats Outkaster ! Excellent choice!

Thanks. I was telling Tucktronix on messenger that I have played the Yamaha S80/90 series since 2000 and am really nervous about switching brands. It's hard for me and it shouldn't be? I had a PC88 and this Forte is built like a tank man.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Copyrights for my band's music from the 1990's.

Started the process last month.

We recorded 12 songs and were on the verge of breaking out, but life is funny that way.

Let me know what you think. I was the bass player, but you can hear a faint organ bed in this tune (that's me on my old Kawai K3)

A 29.99 Behringer USB audio interface, it arrives today. No more pulling my Mainstage rig through the headphone jack, lol. (Although, for over 10 years and three laptops, that has always work just fine for me.)

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

Dr88s, where did you order the Yamaha MD-BT01 ??

A Canadian retailer based in Alberta.

Why? Are you having trouble finding one?

No, I found it at Guitar Center, but question....does the keyboard you are using it on have to have Bluetooth or just your Ipads Bluetooth? Would it work on a Roland FA06 for example?

Kurzweil Forte 7, Mojo 61, Yamaha P-125,

Kronos X61, Nautilus 73

but question....does the keyboard you are using it on have to have Bluetooth or just your Ipads Bluetooth? Would it work on a Roland FA06 for example?

The whole idea of it is that it will turn ANY keyboard with a five pin DIN MIDI output into a Bluetooth transmitting and receiving capable keyboard when paired with your iOS device. I used it on a 15+ year old Casio CTK (pre-Bluetooth) entry level keyboard and turned it into a wireless controller for Korg Module and iM1 on my iPad.

It's not 100% plug and play; before launching your synth you have to open up a Yamaha app on the iOS device which recognizes and pairs with the adapter. Once that's done, you can open up your synth app. Unfortunately you need to do this each time you start up. I haven't tried it with any complex multi-app setups, e.g. with audiobus, iMIDIPatchbay, etc. I have no idea if it would be able to work that way.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8