Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2923258 - 04/25/18 03:57 AM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: CowboyNQ]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: CowboyNQ
Cool pics Mark!

Thanks Paul, never considered myself a photographer, I give credit to "burst mode" which captures frames I would not have the skills to catch.

Karen, the official photographer, who was at Lachy's 40th birthday party on Saturday night and came along to add to Lachy's personal file, can be seen in the second pic.

Side note, I shot some short video of some of my fav songs, played em back casting through a good sound system, and they sounded like sh*t, nothing like the way it sounded live. I never post these on Utube and can understand why artists should ask for them to be taken down.

KC Island
#2923335 - 04/25/18 11:39 AM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: Markay]
Pa Gherkin Offline
Gold Member

I too really like his approach. If this has already been covered here I missed it but how is his first name pronounced? I assume his last name is pronounced doe lee.

#2923356 - 04/25/18 01:43 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: To B3]
MojoGuyPan Offline

Loc: Mainland Florida
These people and their X-stands. They're killing our rep one gig at a time. This cat should exercise some judgement and use something with a little more class.

Is it worth it to save 3 minutes on load out?

#notafan

#2923413 - 04/25/18 06:12 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: Pa Gherkin]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Pa Gherkin
I too really like his approach. If this has already been covered here I missed it but how is his first name pronounced? I assume his last name is pronounced doe lee.

In most of the English speaking world "locky", in one part of the world renowned for its whisky and where the weather is either "taps aff" or "taps oan", "lacky".

#2923414 - 04/25/18 06:21 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: MojoGuyPan]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: MojoGuyPan
These people and their X-stands. They're killing our rep one gig at a time. This cat should exercise some judgement and use something with a little more class.

#notafan

Yep, Lachy is a very high energy player and entertainer, while the board and stand moved around a little several times during the gig at no time did it ever look in danger of falling.

#2923417 - 04/25/18 08:43 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: Markay]
davedoerfler Offline
KCFF League Champion 2017
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: the swamp
Originally Posted By: Markay

#notafan

Yep, Lachy is a very high energy player and entertainer, while the board and stand moved around a little several times during the gig at no time did it ever look in danger of falling.

so there you have it. Reputation saved. wink
I sent him an email saying I would ship him an Invisible Stand for the cost of shipping only but it was too expensive from thin ice to down under so he declined. snax
MojoGuyPan (RIP)

#2923477 - 04/26/18 08:27 AM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: MojoGuyPan]
Delaware Dave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Take a guess ....

#notafan

JHC, Please don't include US in YOUR group......

#2923529 - 04/26/18 12:42 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: Delaware Dave]
jimkost2002 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted By: Delaware Dave

#notafan

JHC, Please don't include US in YOUR group......

Agreed.... ugh!....who’s “WE” mad

#2926605 - 05/11/18 05:38 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: davedoerfler]
davedoerfler Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

anyway, I have had several very brief email exchanges with Lachy over the last several days, closer to texts in context than emails. I told him about this forum (because he asked how I had heard about his music, he was reaching out to me) and he thought it (this forum, was the first time he had heard about it) was very cool. Didn't seem like he is going to join but he was pleased to know that we were discussing his music of course. Just thought the forum would like to know that the artist being mentioned was reading what we were discussing about him. cool
MojoGuyPan (RIP)

#2926707 - 05/12/18 04:47 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: davedoerfler]
Quai34 Offline

Loc: Canada, MB
Thanks a lot for the infos, I just bought his last 3 album on iTunes....
Stage 2, C2 & NL2X+TC Pedals, Prophet 08 & 12+Tetra&H9, D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200& 2605.

#2926715 - 05/12/18 07:19 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: Quai34]
davedoerfler Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

twothumbs
MojoGuyPan (RIP)

#2926732 - 05/12/18 11:20 PM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: Jon May]
Jim Alfredson Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lansing, MI
Lachey is great. Rock n roll!

#2927259 - 05/16/18 01:01 AM Re: Quickly becoming Mr. Bad Ass ..... [Re: To B3]
Quai34 Offline

Loc: Canada, MB
By the way, Imread he uses a stereo set up with two Leslie, but one 145 and one 122. How a 145+122 stereo Leslie set up is better than a two Leslie 122 Set up? And both are liked with 3 miles, tow on the upper and be lower so 6 microphones Chanels? Is it why he got that gorgeous sound?
Stage 2, C2 & NL2X+TC Pedals, Prophet 08 & 12+Tetra&H9, D50+PG1000, 2 Matrix 1K, Proteus 2K, TX802, Streichfett, Drumbrute. Guitars:G&L Legacy, Asat X2, Ibanez Artstar AS153.Bass: L2000, SR1200& 2605.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner