Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Got a little Christmas bonus, and ended up getting an Integra...

Is it bad that I'm more impressed by the fact that the FA fits perfectly on that shelf than I am with the Integra? :P

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

My latest purchase was a pair of Mackie Thump 12. I decided to go stereo again, and those work perfectly for that.

I still use my QSC K10, but as a bass amp. I play left hand bass with my current band, and will run the bass through the QSC so it comes from its own source.

"In the beginning, Adam had the blues, 'cause he was lonesome.

So God helped him and created woman.

Now everybody's got the blues."

Willie Dixon

A new Roland VR-730 arrived last Friday that I was hoping would work for a lightweight 'take to practice' rig and 'something different' for a change. Did a lot of listening online and VR-09 review reading but it was still a big guess, and looks like after a T-3, Triton, M-3 and Kronos I can no longer change religions.

Isn't registered, will be returning or offering it here.

Dockeys,

CP4, Sk2, FA07, you have got all the bases covered. :thu:

Sure do Dave, though Im still on the fence with the FA07. Pretty deep board but a lot of what i do with it involves compromises or workarounds that, over time becoming a little annoying. Plus playing piano on the FA07 keys isnt the most inspiring..still gonna hang onto it for a while longer and see what it can really do.

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

I just picked up an Elektron Digitakt drum computer/sampler. It's a very cool little box. :thu::cool:

dedicated cowbell pad. friggin' awsome. :2thu:

Right. :D

But, to be fair, any sample can be loaded into that slot. I might cue up digital native dance. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

• 2 weeks later...

It's MIDI controller central in my house at the moment. Had a Touché (the weird wobbly slab thing) arrive last week and a TEControl breath controller arrive today. Both are excellent!

The Touché is going to take a bit of getting used to but the bundled sounds for UVI Workstation are very good and show it off well. Bought it mostly to use with the Sub 37 (every knob on the front panel is mapped to CC) but will probably use it a lot in the box too.

Only just hooked the BC up to the PC3K8 but so far it's excellent. None of the factory programs are set up to use it but it's pretty simple to get it working nicely with the orchestral horns and flutes. Next up I want to get stuck into the Kore64 trumpet patches but they're going to take a bit longer!

• 4 weeks later...
Roland JX-03 boutique synth. Sounds great, impressive quality for 3 bills, perfect for traveling, even more packable than a Reface. No idea yet how I'm going to use it in a rig but I'll figure something out.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

I got Trilian and Steinberg's Groove Agent 4 for Christmas. I haven't dug too far into Groove Agent yet, but I do enjoy Trilian (particularly the synth bass sounds).

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

• 3 weeks later...

The amp I ordered a couple of months ago arrived this week. I turned out well. I like it. This should be my last amp...... I'm starting to get too old for this.

LaPHV0Y.jpg

wNfAJ8a.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Viscount / Key B Legend Solo.

Still can't say enough about it. The number one difference for me vs. all other clones is the addition of the percussion volume and decay knob.

I find myself making subtle changes on these adjustments - as if it was an additional a drawbar. A lot of times I feel different about how much percussion and decay I need from moment to moment. Not having it " fixed " is hugely important to me.

Also - I think the C/V is excellent. One of the organ models included in a 1930's Hammond BC emulation. The C/V has a more shallow vibrato, but my most recent discovery involves using second harmonic percussion with this less common vibrato quality.

During the course of the year I have had hands on time with a Crumar Mojo 61 and the HX3 module. For me the Legend solo really makes it because all the " editing" is right there using dedicated knobs. The leslie sim is also excellent but for the moment I am mostly using just CV settings through a mono amp.

When I first heard Elvio's clonewheel offerings I thought they were right at the top of the heap of cool things I have heard in the 21st century. I still feel that way.

A 1 year old secondhand Mojo 61 almost unused. I was about to order a new one last Monday, but decide to have a look in the local used gear ads, and found this one. The seller had bought it as a replacement for his Hammond SK1, but had thought it contained more sounds, as it was his only keyboard. So it had been sitting unused. I opened up the web editor and saw that it still was on an old version (1.06), and the seller had no clue about the web editor. Looks like new, and I grab it. Updated the software, and this sound like a killer organ, at least on headphones and on my home monitors.

The drive seem so have been tweaked more likely the Vent, and the Leslie sim seems much improved from my experience from the Gemini.

The keys / feel are amazing.

I already have the DMC 122 / Gemini combo, but it are still on the older software, waiting for the new release. It was my plan to replace it with a 61, as I will use my NS3 as bottom board.

Looking forward to meet the band and our usual setup tomorrow, that are the real test.

/Bjørn - old gearjunkie, still with lot of GAS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just ordered a Digitakt, my first foray into the Elektron world. This may be a huge mistake?

The Digitakt is a very cool box for what it does. It is sturdily built too.

I had a Digitakt for a couple months and only sold it because I wasn't going to spend a lot of time programming it. But, if I was doing any type of electronic music production, I would have kept it.

In other news, as mentioned in my thread, I just picked up a DSI Sequential Prophet 6. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

A couple things for me, one free, but not really, and one really really not free:

First, the free-but-not-free:

26706556568_e996acee35_c.jpg

with:

26706556258_60931015de_c.jpg

I was given this Hammond BCV/Leslie 31 combo months ago, but was only able to coordinate moving it here last week. I've got an appointment for a Hammond tech to come and get it running early next month. It hasn't been played for about 2 decades, and I can see some wiring that is frayed and disconnected in the Leslie, so I'm not gonna try to start it up before it gets looked at. After that, I intend to add a percussion kit to the BCV and a 2-speed mod to the Leslie. This is the first actual Hammond console I've owned, so I'm viewing this as a learning experience as well.

The really-really-not-free, as in very expensive:

a-h-sq6-6.jpg

Allan & Heath SQ6. My partners in the live sound business and I are opening a recording space, and additionally, we needed another large-format console for festival gigs this summer, so we decided that this board could serve both needs. In the studio, it'll act as the primary console and recording interface, it'll pass 32 channels at 96k to and from a DAW, has excellent mic pre's, and has a really great work surface. I've used A&H boards for decades, and always liked them. It was between this and the Midas M32 for this role, we already have an M32, but there are things I don't like about it, and, while the list price was the same, we were able to get the A&H for significantly less than the M32.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Got a Korg Karma for around $450.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

TC VoiceRack, with a second one coming.

Bought the TC Helicon VoiceLive Touch used for 200 bucks and was so impressed with the old unit I upgraded to these.

Real-time looping is also an added bonus.

Why guitarists gave all the fun?

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic