Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Seven

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks like my dream bottom board that I've been fantasising about for a long time. 73 weighted keys, carry case, built in keyboard stand with flat top for putting a clonewheel/synth on top.

The "background pad" feature looks very handy too. 9/10 when I'm wanting a layer on a bottom board it's just for a pad.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

And the legs are 3,5 kg , can be carried seperately. I wonder what kind of wood the case is made of . I think my rhodes case and legs are much heavier . I hope the action feels similar to the dexibell 73 key board

And the legs are 3,5 kg , can be carried seperately. I wonder what kind of wood the case is made of . I think my rhodes case and legs are much heavier . I hope the action feels similar to the dexibell 73 key board

Probably FATAR. Looks like TP40, possibly TP-100.

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Wow! They really do seem to understand the best aspects of 70's and 80's designs..with the flat top, quick select buttons, both pedal & expression, and legs...bottom board heaven!

----------------------------------------------------------

Gig: Yamaha MODX7, NumaX 73 Piano  Studio: Kawai ES-920; Hammond SK Pro 73; Yamaha Motif ES7 w/DX,VL,VH; Yamaha YC 73; Kawai MP-6; Numa Compact 2x

Very disappointing ---- for my purposes. I am sure that it will be attractive to some gigging musicians but for me it offers nothing. I don't like the form factor for my home studio and the functions don't add a thing to what I have. I was hoping for a world class combo organ ---

Thomas Shea

Nebraska

33lbs is promising. 52 lbs is much too heavy. Cost?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Beautiful! On the specs page, sample playback is listed as one of the engines, which you can assume that it works as a basic "support" rompler too (mellotrons, please). Wonder if it's removable from the bottom part of the case. A price below 1600 US is dreaming too much? LOL

My drawbars go to eleven.

Gear: Roland VR-09, Nord Electro 2 61, Korg CX-3. Hear my music: facebook.com/smokestoneband

I love the design, looks like a Rhodes and a Korg SV1. And i really like the in case design. Nice to have the option of the legs though I wouldnt like setting up the keyboard at that angle on some of the gigs i do....just not enough room and invariably something/someone would fall on it. Still nice to have the option. Beautiful sounding machine too.
Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Price? Monotimbral?

Looks like it's monotimbral, with the ability to layer a pad, which is listed as an "effect".

I'm going to guess about $1500, where it would be competitive with an SV-1.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Damn.

Yes, it's "just another stage piano", and I'm not too fond of the rainbow lights show, but the feature set is perfect. Not too little, not too much. Only the most useful sounds, a little customization possibilities, in a sexy vintage look.

They kinda fused the best concepts from Nord and SV1-Grandstage. And yes, the flat top begs for a Mojo61, Legend solo or even better, a vintage analog synth!

If the sounds are top-notch (and Crumar track record says they will almost certainly be) and the price is right (I'd guess max 1500 for a TP-100 action, max 2000 if it's a TP-40), this may be a real classic.

I am all set for digital piano right now, but the form factor most certainly appeals. This with a Mojo 61 or Nord on top would cover all of the bread and butter stuff.
Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

$2399 MSRP.

dB

If memory serves - and it usually doesn't - this exceeds the price I paid for the Yamaha CP4 a few years ago. But had this been available at the time, I might have purchased it, if nothing else because of nostalgia and how closely it looks like my old Rhodes.

I love the form factor, but a stage piano for me ultimately comes to down to how the keys feel and play.

Modeled grand piano, not the sampled one in the Gemini. I wonder if that engine will make it into any of the other DSP based instruments.

Or maybe better...have the option to add the Gemini module (as you can with the GSI DMC 122). Missed opportunity for expansion and to add flexibility at the Seven's $2399MSRP price point.

I guess this is only seven of nine :snax:

Thats really cool! Somewhat similar concept to Korg SV-1 but comes with lid. And it looks so good! I wonder where the sounds come from? Is it the same engine that Mojo has? And, whats the keybed? I think its too light to have TP-40.

I can imagine Mojo sitting on top of it! Price? GAS!

Probably FATAR. Looks like TP40, possibly TP-100.

TP-40L action is available as 76 and 88 keys versions.

For 73 keys you´d have to cut it.

All the other TP-40 seem to be available with 88 keys only.

Custom product might be too expensive and I´ve never seen any TP40 M, H, GH or WOOD other than w/ 88keys in a keyboard up to now,- so I guess it´s TP-100.

Now, if it had a 5-pin DIN MIDI-In too, I`d be able to use my existing 88 weighted keys action,- but unfortunately they forgot that connection. :facepalm:

But when I´m wrong w/ my lines above, the better.

73 FATAR TP-40 WOOD would be excellent !

I´d also wish it had a CC-pedal controllable Ringmodulator in the FX-1 section in addition.

Otherwise I like it and in the demo it sounds great IMO.

I´d probably replace the cheapo looking flightcase corners by professional "ball corner" ones which protect better.

The "Seven" looks great and the flat top is what I always wanted for such instruments,- great to put a single manual organ or multi-purpose machine like a Kurz PC316/PC3K6 on top.

A.C.