Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2909409 - 02/13/18 08:39 PM Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics
Delta Offline

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
We'll sort of. I was sitting with my wife tonight casually watching figure skating which she loves, and a highly hyped North Korean pair start their routine. The announcer said they were skating to an instrumental version of the Beatles' "A Day in the Life." As the music started I realized that it was electric guitar, which immediately woke me up from my stupor. I said to my wife, "That sounds like Jeff Beck!" Come to find out that Jeff has done several versions of that song and it's been part of his live repertorie recently. By the way, I'll be seeing Jeff this summer in West Palm Beach with Paul Rodgers and Nancy Wilson. I've seen a lot of great artists live in my 61 year old life but not Jeff. Looking forward to it.

GP Island
#2909415 - 02/13/18 09:18 PM Re: Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics [Re: Delta]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Jeff Beck is one awesome player. Every guitar player friend of mine is in awe of the man and his technique.
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

#2909440 - 02/14/18 03:34 AM Re: Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics [Re: desertbluesman]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Everybody who plays electric guitar should see Jeff Beck at least once, just to see what can be done on the instrument. As with everything he does, Beck's "A Day In The Life" is stunning.

#2909465 - 02/14/18 06:22 AM Re: Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics [Re: Scott Fraser]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
You are one Lucky Man Delta! I know you will really enjoy being there with Jeff Beck. Truly one of the greats! Don't forget to give us a review of the show this summer! thu

#2909613 - 02/14/18 01:59 PM Re: Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics [Re: Scott Fraser]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Originally Posted By: Scott Fraser
Beck's "A Day In The Life" is stunning

That was one awesome performance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toMTAHsz26I
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

#2910341 - 02/17/18 02:08 PM Re: Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics [Re: desertbluesman]
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Probably the best electric guitarist there is today.

#2910412 - 02/18/18 04:05 AM Re: Jeff Beck at the Winter Olympics [Re: picker]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
I'm usually reluctant to claim anybody or anything as the "best", due to whenever anybody DOES make that claim, it's in their own personal opinion. Now, I, or someone else might feel differently as to who's the "best" electric guitarist there is today, but I'll only go so far as to agree that Beck is damned GOOD!. And for all WE know, Jeff himself might think somebody else besides himself it the "best". wink
Whitefang

Edited by whitefang (02/18/18 04:06 AM)

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose