Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2909021 - 02/12/18 12:18 PM OT: I hate Blue Steel
Sven Golly Offline
KC Ambassador of Goodwill
10k Club

Loc: Toronto, ON
Horrible, horrible movie. Sorry, Jamie Lee.

(bet you thought I was going to be talking about this, huh?)

Ha. wink razz

KC Island
#2909025 - 02/12/18 12:26 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: Sven Golly]
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Discovery Bay, California
Jaimie Lee was hawt.

Maybe not so much now. But back then....

#2909028 - 02/12/18 12:29 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: GregC]
OB Dave Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: San Diego CA, US
I've always liked Cold Blue Steel and Sweet fire.

#2909029 - 02/12/18 12:30 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: GregC]
waygetter Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
OK, but let's offset some of that hate with lots of love for Trading Places. One of the great movies of our time.

#2909043 - 02/12/18 01:19 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: waygetter]
Delaware Dave Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Take a guess ....
yep. not bad on the eyes....

#2909044 - 02/12/18 01:19 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: waygetter]
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: waygetter
OK, but let's offset some of that hate with lots of love for Trading Places. One of the great movies of our time.

Thats the kind of contribution to the forum we need around here.

Old GIF photos from Seinfeld, not as much wink

#2909045 - 02/12/18 01:19 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: waygetter]
Sven Golly Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: waygetter

I'll bet anyone a dollar that it is! wink

#2909092 - 02/12/18 03:40 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: Delaware Dave]
PianoMan51 Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Cabin In The Woods
Originally Posted By: Delaware Dave
yep. not bad on the eyes....

Hey Buddy...

Her eyes are up there.

#2909095 - 02/12/18 03:51 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: PianoMan51]
#%$(# Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Orlando, Florida
She had some moments in "True Lies". thu

#2909100 - 02/12/18 04:23 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: #%$(#]
GregC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: #%$(#
She had some moments in "True Lies". thu

Her appearance in that movie is burned in my consciousness. She should have gotten an award for ... Best Appearance in a starring role.

#2909105 - 02/12/18 04:48 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: GregC]
David Emm Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Solder Huffer's Gulch
Hate has been experiencing a popular resurgence lately, but I find it passe. I'm even tired of the things *I* "hate." Maintaining that folder is too much work. I also got past the fact that I've seen so many movies and TV shows that the story's loop point appears too quickly in so-called new things. Nostalgia is generally great until you take off the rosey glasses. Some material is timeless and some developed a pervasive gamey smell after the first two weeks. You hate "Blue Steel;" I love "Blue Thunder," an amusingly noisy civil-rights wet-dream for hyper-hawks, featuring a super-surveillance helicopter that can hover silently and watch you shower through a wall. This was in pre-drone 1983, yikes. It also has a killer soundtrack employing a lot of synth work, wrought by Arthur B. Rubinstein, Cynthia Morrow, Brian Banks and Anthony Marinelli. I prefer to leave the bad flicks in the box with Joe Bob Briggs reviews and MAD magazine parodies.

https://soundcloud.com/david-emm-1

#2909295 - 02/13/18 11:02 AM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: David Emm]
Joe Muscara Online   content
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
How is this even remotely OT?

poke

#2909301 - 02/13/18 11:16 AM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: David Emm]
Sven Golly Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: David Emm
Hate has been experiencing a popular resurgence lately, but I find it passe. I'm even tired of the things *I* "hate." Maintaining that folder is too much work. I also got past the fact that I've seen so many movies and TV shows that the story's loop point appears too quickly in so-called new things. Nostalgia is generally great until you take off the rosey glasses. Some material is timeless and some developed a pervasive gamey smell after the first two weeks. You hate "Blue Steel;" I love "Blue Thunder," an amusingly noisy civil-rights wet-dream for hyper-hawks, featuring a super-surveillance helicopter that can hover silently and watch you shower through a wall. This was in pre-drone 1983, yikes. It also has a killer soundtrack employing a lot of synth work, wrought by Arthur B. Rubinstein, Cynthia Morrow, Brian Banks and Anthony Marinelli. I prefer to leave the bad flicks in the box with Joe Bob Briggs reviews and MAD magazine parodies.

You may be missing the original point, David... but that's okay, because I also love Blue Thunder. I also liked Airwolf on TV, but just because I liked Ernest Borgnine more than Jan Michael Vincent. wink

#2909352 - 02/13/18 02:08 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: Sven Golly]
ksoper Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Murfreesboro,TN,UNITED STATES
Originally Posted By: Sven Golly

I also liked Airwolf on TV, but just because I liked Ernest Borgnine more than Jan Michael Vincent. wink

I was an Airwolf fan--I liked the helicopter more than any of the actors. I didn't follow JMV's career post-Airwolf, but now that it's in reruns on one of my cable channels I got curious. It seems that JMV was one of those redneck hair-trigger banty roosters who should've had their asses kicked on a regular basis. His story reminds me of a country artist I had the misfortune to play for, a wife-beater. But time has a way of balancing the scales. JMV is suffering a very slow and painful death. Good riddance.

#2909358 - 02/13/18 02:30 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: ksoper]
Sven Golly Offline
10k Club

Damn, shit just got dark. freak

#2909370 - 02/13/18 03:42 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: Sven Golly]
David Emm Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Solder Huffer's Gulch
Originally Posted By: Sven Golly

You may be missing the original point, David... but that's okay, because I also love Blue Thunder. I also liked Airwolf on TV, but just because I liked Ernest Borgnine more than Jan Michael Vincent. wink

I thought the point was two-fold: "Blue Steel" sucketh, Jamie Lee does not. If any OT point made triggers a synth observation, it is immediately sanctified.

https://soundcloud.com/david-emm-1

#2909372 - 02/13/18 03:54 PM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: David Emm]
Sven Golly Offline
10k Club

I thought the point was two-fold: "Blue Steel" sucketh, Jamie Lee does not.

Well, I really don't know her all that well, so... *shrug*

Quote:
If any OT point made triggers a synth observation, it is immediately sanctified.

That goes without saying. wink

#2909476 - 02/14/18 07:22 AM Re: OT: I hate Blue Steel [Re: Sven Golly]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: S. Ca. USA

For me, this 4 and a half minute bit, is non stop funny back and forth between these 2 comedians. I have more, just asks.

edit: 3 minutes have elapsed and no interest?
Here is another:

Another 3 minutes, and still nothing.. this is bullshite.

Another 3 hours, and nothing, this is crazy.. another video thrown on the fire.

Edited by I-missRichardTee (02/14/18 11:19 AM)

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner