Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2908360 - 02/09/18 12:53 PM why,despite my other ideas, RS remains the most vital Beatle
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
The FEEL is the REAL

GP Island
#2908374 - 02/09/18 01:23 PM Re: why,despite my other ideas, RS remains the most vital Beatle [Re: d]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

But then there's this...
which misses Lennon but incls Stevie, who shoulda been on Get Back, et al

They really did change the world, in ways most who came later can't realize

THE FEEL IS THE REAL

#2908389 - 02/09/18 01:46 PM Re: why,despite my other ideas, RS remains the most vital Beatle [Re: d]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

& why future generations will never fully understand the change The Beatles put to us (the quick distortion of time)
[in which Jimmy Signholder gets completely lost & Jack O Master White melds PM to J Page]

#2908405 - 02/09/18 02:51 PM Re: why,despite my other ideas, RS remains the most vital Beatle [Re: d]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Good collection. Never understood the appeal of Seinfeld, but too, we'll never see the likes of someone of Paul's stature in music performing at the white house again. Unfortunately, those days are likely gone.

And true, there's few this generation that can understand or have anything they can relate to as my generation did to The Beatles. At the time, we were all kinda tired of the "same old,same old" and those guys shook it up. But I liked the Ringo clip the best. I felt all along that many of the most memorable things in music come about by chance and on the spot, and not meticulously planned out as many seem to think they are. I'm not sure about Ringo's being left handed as an explanation why he went counter-clockwise 'round the kit though. I know a few drummers who too are left handed, but play their kits set up right handed, and also have no trouble going 'round the kit clockwise. So.....

As for memorable music coming about by on the spot circumstance, to whit:

Frederic Chopin's memorable piece "The Minute Waltz" came about when he noticed his small dog chasing it's tail and he quick sat down and came up with a bit of music to accompany it. wink
Whiefang

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose