Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2906441 - 02/01/18 03:42 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: desertbluesman]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
That's good news with the tight squeeze DBM! Enjoy the quiet fridge! Nothing like the sound of silence! cool

GP Island
#2906457 - 02/01/18 05:37 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: Larryz]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
Very nice so far. We loaded it already and we shall see what happens in the morning when we inspect the things in it.
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

#2906613 - 02/02/18 09:39 AM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: desertbluesman]
jimmac Offline

Loc: Jackson, Michigan
Glad to hear you are back in business with your appliances. It is always fun to watch others do the heavy lifting but I still do a lot of this stuff myself (I do have an appliance cart and get a helper if I need to). Jim

#2906714 - 02/02/18 06:08 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: jimmac]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Today I switched the door swing from right to left on the new refrigerator, it was simple truthfully, I am amazed at how nicely they engineered the hinges and pilot holes.

The guy that was supposed to come here today and switch the range from natural gas to Propane called in sick. Next appointment Monday Morning (fingers crossed). We have been using our camp stove and the George Foreman Grill to cook with.

#2907387 - 02/05/18 10:13 AM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: desertbluesman]
jimmac Offline

Loc: Jackson, Michigan
I had to change one from natural gas to propane. Took a lot longer than I remember from doing one in the 70's. Had to take a bunch of stuff apart and change nozzles. Two or three hours for a couple amatures like me and my buddy Ralph. Have fun watching the pros. Jim

#2907670 - 02/06/18 02:42 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: jimmac]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The propane conversion took the guy an hour. I would never have guessed how to do it in a bunch of hours, he knew exactly what to do and how to do it. Just accessing the place to swap out parts was well beyond my knowledge of the appliance. I asked if he had ever done one of that brand and model and he said yes, and was at it without any fumbles. I was so impressed I have him a ten buck tip above the hundred and twenty it cost me. While he was at it he went and checked out my propane tank and connections outside and fixed some minor leaks. Good customer service....(I buy my propane from that vendor for 20 years now)

#2907778 - 02/07/18 04:40 AM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: desertbluesman]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
As(I'm guessing) gas ranges are all constructed similarly, that somebody who does that sort of thing for a living does it quick and flawless shouldn't come as any surprise.

But then again, I've had repairmen who also do certain things for a living and STILL leave the job FUBAR. frown
Whitefang

#2907846 - 02/07/18 09:42 AM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: whitefang]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

They came in with the new microwave this morning, took them half an hour to install it. It is one of those kind that fits up above the stove between cabinets. And has an exhaust fan in it. A definite upgrade from the 18 year old one that was in it's place. The refrigerator went bad a week back so we went ahead and upgraded all of the kitchen appliances; fridge, stove, and microwave. Now I can breathe easy again.

#2907888 - 02/07/18 11:23 AM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: desertbluesman]
Happy Birthday Dannyalcatraz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
Itís sometimes surprising how much appliances can objectively improve in a decade, not to mention two or more!

Iím not talking bells & whistles, Iím talking energy efficiency, quietness, durability, etc.

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2907900 - 02/07/18 12:04 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
DocPate Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Virginia
@DBM and you raised the value of your property by some $5 grand

#2907904 - 02/07/18 12:11 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: DocPate]
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: DocPate
@DBM and you raised the value of your property by some $5 grand

Thanks Doc, however my total cash outlay per month is only $350 a month year around, that includes my association dues, my property taxes and the electric bill. House and lot are paid for. I can't live anywhere else for less money. I'd lose that 5 grand in a few months selling here and moving somewhere else, in my town rent alone is $1200 a month for a decent house in a family neighborhood plus water, gas, electric, sewer. Water and sewer are all included in my association dues, I ain't moving unless I hit the Power Ball.

#2907962 - 02/07/18 02:53 PM Re: OT: More fun at the DBM household [Re: Dannyalcatraz]
whitefang Offline
10k Club

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Originally Posted By: Dannyalcatraz
Itís sometimes surprising how much appliances can objectively improve in a decade, not to mention two or more!

Iím not talking bells & whistles, Iím talking energy efficiency, quietness, durability, etc.

Sure. I've had the same fridge for going on 20 years now, and it runs as good and quiet as new. And my sister is still using the stove my MOM had and was bought way back in '65. I guess it might also depend on manufacturer and other matters.
Whitefang

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose