Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I know that -- before long -- I'll show up to a gig with a few MIDI controllers and my iPhone XIII -- and I'll blow the place away.

It's just a matter of time, really.

Just gotta remember to charge the suckah before the gig. And turn off the phone stuff :)

A few years after that, a VR interface so I don't even need the MIDI controllers.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

This thread went to page 7, until I revived it ;)

Surprised at you guys, I can't usually bump this topic, maybe 4 times per decade.

Anyway, exciting changes here, the new stuff on the way:

Steinberg UR44

Roland FA-07

big thank you to Dave ( escapeRocks) for his expert advice

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Nord Stage 3 Compact on its way. Finally found one at the right price. My legacy Nord Electro 4D is going to be up for sale before long.

Congrats Chuck. Will anxiously await your opinions. It seemed to me that they released this one a bit early; the number and nature of bugs seems a bit excessive. Interestingly, Pablo from North American support indicated on the Nord forum that he thinks this product release has been the bumpiest.

But I'm sure they will address the bugs. My bigger concern is the change in the MIDI implementation (can't address each of six parts with separate MIDI channel...hopefully this will be fixed.) My use case would prevent an upgrade unless this is re-implemented.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Horror of horrors!!! :D

This morning I ordered a brand new Yamaha Pacifica 112V in Natural.

IMG_0001.jpg

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

Mine is boooorrrrrrring. A Radial dual DI for my recording studio and an RME Advanced Remote Controller (ARC).

UPS dropped this on my porch yesterday.

Ever since I sold my D 50 I've regretted it.

roland_d_05_5.jpg

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

Horror of horrors!!! :D

This morning I ordered a brand new Yamaha Pacifica 112V in Natural.

That's a nice piece of wood, MMM.

I just picked up Arturia Mini V and Prophet V on their half-off sale. For nostalgia sake, and to see if I still remember how to program them. Stayed up way too long playing with them last night.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

I grabbed a last minute upgrade from Native-Instruments taking my Komplete 9 Ultimate up to K11U. Now just waiting for the download codes.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

Just in time before the promotional discount presumably ended, got approval from the spousal unit, arrived today:

http://www.muzykuj.com/ufiles/test-468/image/Casio%20PX-5s/Casio-Privia-PX-5S.jpg

I haven't played a fully weighted keyboard in years; already got some tennis elbow, so I gotta go slow. Where did I put those Hanon Studies from the 1970s?

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Well, since I see Mighty Motif Max went there, I will, too. This was actually about a month ago, but my last musical purchase:

http://www.ohbrotherstl.com/Pics/Guitars.jpg

Takamine Jasmine cutaway acoustic and a Fender MIM HSS Strat....both used at Music Go Round. $299 for the acoustic (included case) and $399 for the strat. They threw in a case for the Strat for free since I bought both. My only guitar before this was my Epiphone Explorer. I've enjoyed having the Acoustic sit around since I can just pick it up and play anytime without dragging out gear and plugging in.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Well, the Nord Stage 3 Compact showed up today. Lots of bitching and moaning on the Nord forum about various minor things, all fixable in software.

I'm looking forward to sharing a full review from the POV of a weekend warrior. Cheers!

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Congrats on the new Nord. Have fun Chuck!

I bought Logic Pro X. After working with Garageband for a few months, I made the switch. Mainly because Garageband wasn't able to send midi out. If that function was there, I could survived a bit more.

Ah well, really like it and have a ton to learn!

Rudy

Looking for a new place this month. I'll be renting a second room where I can teach, record, practice, and do all my admin work. Crossing my fingers that the budget holds.

I did it and it's so beautiful. Upright, M3, Rhodes, Juno, and Nord all fit comfortably with a small table hosting mixer/monitors/computer/etc and room to set up one or two more as necessary. Starting to teach in there tomorrow. Hopefully start recording in there soon as well. Put up a little video on FB/Insta last night, but I'll eventually post more here.

Not a space I'll keep for life, but probably 2-3 years. WOO! :keys: