Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: a bit a humor, chime in with others!

• 1 year later...

The Post Office receives this mysterious envelope addressed "To the greatest drummer in the world". The employee there happened to know the address for his friend the famous jazz drummer Elvin Jones so he mailed it to him.

Elvin saw the address and said No this can't be for me, and he forwarded it to Max Roach. Max couldn't accept that letter was for him.

So Max forwarded the letter to his friend Buddy Rich, who was notorious for his narcissism and flamboyant stage presence (as well as his reputation of being very hard to work for). Buddy was very delighted to receive the letter and proceeded to open it with glee. He pulled the letter out of the envelope and began to read out loud "Dear Ringo..."

• 1 month later...

You can't take me to eat anywhere...

Waitress: How would you like your burger cooked?

Me: Both sides.

Waitress: what would you folks like to drink?

Mom: Decaf Coffee

Brother: Coke

Dad: Diet Coke

Me: Diet water

I have a question about an item in the menu. There's a meal called the waitress special; does that come in blonde or brunette?

While ordering food at the Italian restaurant, my brother and I started (humorously) arguing over how to pronounce gnocchi. I was married to a red blooded Sicilian and she pronounced it with a silent G, my brother insisted it was with a hard G. I said at least it isn't pronounced "nookie". Our waitress brings our orders out, and as she sets my plate of gnocchi in front of me she very sweetly says "Here's your nookie". Busted a gut over that one.

One of my radio people did a show Monday on how the standard playing card deck aligns with the 52 weeks of the year, the four seasons, so forth.

One of the things she mentioned was the Ace of Spades. This is always the card that has the manufacturer logo on it and is large compared to the other aces in the deck.

I told her I had a deck of cards made by Bicycle and that they did the same thing with that particular card in making it very large and noticeable.

Why?

So you could "pedal your Ace all over town".

:/:crazy:

• 2 months later...

A penguin is about to take a nice drive in the country when he notices a stain under his car. He drives to his gas station and asks to have it looked at. The mechanic tells him the lift is busy; he'll need about 1/2 an hour. The penguin spots an ice cream stand across the street. He decides to treat himself and orders a triple scoop of vanilla. He enjoys every bit of it, but since he has no hands he left some drips on his beak.

As he walks over to the garage the mechanic greets him. 'What did you find?" The mechanic replies "It looks like you blew a seal".

The penguin says "Naw, that's just a little ice cream".

:hitt:

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
When Beethoven passed away, he was buried in the churchyard. A few days later, the town drunk was passing through the cemetery and heard a strange noise coming from the ground where Beethoven was buried. Terrified, the drunk ran and got the Priest. The Priest bent down and put his ear to the grave, where he could hear some faint, unrecognizable music. Frightened, he ran and got the town magistrate. The magistrate arrived, put his ear to the ground and listened. After a while, he said "ah yes, that is Beethoven's 9th symphony playing backwards". He listened a while longer and said "There's the 8th symphony,and it's backwards as well. Most puzzling". So he kept listening "there's the 7th.....the 6th.....the 5th". Suddenly the realization of what was happening dawned on the magistrate. He stood up and announced to the crowd that had been gathering, "My fellow citizens, there is nothing to worry about. It is just Beethoven decomposing".

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

A lady's fridge breaks.

She calls the repair company. An older guy shows up. He walks up to the fridge and mutters, "Mmm-hmm - XJ-76B", and gives it a whack on the side. The fridge starts right up.

He turns to the lady and says, "There you go".

She says, "That's it? Cool! What do I owe you?" "

"$300", the repairman tells her.

"$300???", she exclaims. "All you did was hit it!"

"Oh, it was only $25 to hit it", replies the repairman. "The other $275 is for knowing where to hit it."

:hitt::D

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

OK. I know I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but what is the key signature with eight flats?

That would be Fb , also known as E :)

I had to think that one through when I first received. I initially thought it was a joke as I've never seen a double flat in a key signature.

I also thought it was a theoretical exercise, but apparently it has been used to notate some classical pieces.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

• 3 weeks later...

You know which club the Hammonds hang out at?

The Rotary Club.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this one hit close to home. :pop:

X2QLRjH.jpg

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

OK. I know I'm probably showing my ignorance here, but what is the key signature with eight flats?

That would be Fb , also known as E :)

I had it pegged as Db Minor, which I can imagine being a real result of legitimate writing.

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

I was married to a red blooded Sicilian and she pronounced it with a silent G, my brother insisted it was with a hard G. I said at least it isn't pronounced "nookie".

I wouldn't trust a sicilian accent :->.

Anyway, noway. It is not a soft G, it is not an hard G, is not nookie. It is just 'gnocchi'.

I mean, the phoneme AFAIK just doesn't exists in english or in french, so, just eat them and don't ask questions :->.

Maurizio

Nord Wave 2, Nord Electro 6D 61,, Rameau upright,  Hammond Pro44H Melodica.

Too many Arturia, NI and AAS plugins

http://www.barbogio.org/

I was married to a red blooded Sicilian and she pronounced it with a silent G, my brother insisted it was with a hard G. I said at least it isn't pronounced "nookie".

I wouldn't trust a sicilian accent :->.

Anyway, noway. It is not a soft G, it is not an hard G, is not nookie. It is just 'gnocchi'.

I mean, the phoneme AFAIK just doesn't exists in english or in french, so, just eat them and don't ask questions :->.

Maurizio

Confirmed.

• 1 month later...