What's lurking in the depths of for instance the CP4, maybe more or less like in all the good grade music recordings, there's a b*tching processing preparation in there ?

Let's find out, I thought, and after a lot of work, here's a test recording I made of number of ROM sounds from the Yamaha, without global effects or EQ, straight into a mixer, and then through a whole bunch if processing, running on 3 computers, audio networked together, which perform a certain class of processing using Ladspa/Jack and some more programs on Linux.

Here's a result, recorded through thus whole chain, analog put into a Lexicon MX400 with a high grade DAC (running at 96k, where most of the processing and the recording had been done in, like in the video below), digitally recorded from a surround programs main (front) output, at 44.1kS/s reverb added at -20 dB, no additional processing at all after that:

phaserbcp4b.mp3 44.1 7 min 128kbps stereo, about -6dB max, but very solid sound (don't blow up your speakers)

Here's a video course walk-through of the whole signal graph with some main line explanations (not scientific):

So that recorded sound tells me there's much more depth in those CP4 sounds without effects (except the built in per layer insert effects) than I would have suspected. It's a complicated subject, I prepare the whoel information about the whole chain and all the settings, but this is to get feel for what might be possible to do real time some day.

T.