Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2887181 - 10/26/17 05:00 AM Some really different pedals...
picker Offline
10k Club

Loc: Near 12th Street and Vine...
Anybody ever hear of Bananana pedals? IF you're looking for something really different, they got it! Check this out...

GP Island
#2887240 - 10/26/17 10:35 AM Re: Some really different pedals... [Re: picker]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Hey! I like some o' dem! Well, two of 'em, anyways. So far, I like their 'Growl' photo-sensor ring-mod pedal. Cool. Could be a lot of fun. Wormhole might be alright, too. I personally don't have any use for old Nintendo and Atari sounds, though. But I guess some folks enjoy that.

I was unaware of Banana Pedals. Thanks, picker! cool twothumbs

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2887243 - 10/26/17 11:27 AM Re: Some really different pedals... [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Originally Posted By: Caevan O'Shite
I personally don't have any use for old Nintendo and Atari sounds, though. But I guess some folks enjoy that.

@Caevan - Old Game sounds are definitely a thing, right now. Do a search on "Chiptunes", and you'll hear more than you want or need to. At a recent Robotfest, I was set up next to a young guy who was using a Mac to play otherwise recognizable tunes that sounded like old video game soundtracks. The funniest was The Cure's Friday I'm In Love. One of the earliest experiments I heard, a few years back, was a version of Ah-Ha's Take On Me that sounded like Super Mario Bros. Some tunes deserve it more than others . . .

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/regrets-only

#2887297 - 10/26/17 04:04 PM Re: Some really different pedals... [Re: Winston Psmith]
Dannyalcatraz Online   content
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Dallas/FW Metroplex, Texas
Some nifty stuff on their site!

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

#2887366 - 10/27/17 05:55 AM Re: Some really different pedals... [Re: Winston Psmith]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
Originally Posted By: Winston Psmith
I personally don't have any use for old Nintendo and Atari sounds, though. But I guess some folks enjoy that.

@Caevan - Old Game sounds are definitely a thing, right now. Do a search on "Chiptunes", and you'll hear more than you want or need to. At a recent Robotfest, I was set up next to a young guy who was using a Mac to play otherwise recognizable tunes that sounded like old video game soundtracks. The funniest was The Cure's Friday I'm In Love. One of the earliest experiments I heard, a few years back, was a version of Ah-Ha's Take On Me that sounded like Super Mario Bros. Some tunes deserve it more than others . . .

Oh, yeah, I noticed that it's been 'a thing' for a while now. 'S jus' not MY thing, I guess.

Haahh! "Friday I'm In Love"- nice!

"Bela Lugosi's Dead" (a favorite tune of mine- I'm RABID for it, all year 'round!) would be HYSTERICAL that way... ! Especially with super Lo-Fi, chirpy digitally-derived octave-up vocals... ! And, of course, all tape-echo effects replicated (the El Capistan does a stellar job at THAT!).

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2887377 - 10/27/17 07:13 AM Re: Some really different pedals... [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
"Bela Lugosi's Dead" (a favorite tune of mine- I'm RABID for it, all year 'round!) would be HYSTERICAL that way... ! Especially with super Lo-Fi, chirpy digitally-derived octave-up vocals... ! And, of course, all tape-echo effects replicated (the El Capistan does a stellar job at THAT!).

Oh, man, this is why I know we're brothers!

LOVE that tune, one of the few Goth tunes I play on Guitar! Another one that would be really funny to hear is Rush's Tom Sawyer . . . Just think about it for a minute.

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/regrets-only

#2887418 - 10/27/17 09:33 AM Re: Some really different pedals... [Re: Winston Psmith]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
THANX, PMAN !

Before hearing anything one notices the diff approach to mechanical (if not technical) design. Points for that off the bat. thu
Nice they give ya varied angles views of the gear, too.

Cool stuff !

Too bad only USA outlet's up in Mass. (I prefer hands on testing & local shops for supprt, etc---just so much easier)
That Aurora box alone shows why you'd wanna try it yerself to investigate possibilities !

Here's a shortcut to their YT vids
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=banana+effects+pedals

I particularly like this "disguise yer gear" idea !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8hnlQLPWcA

& dig this idea for use w/ a low-cost kboard !
You could manipulate the effect & play other lines on top !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdgtbgW8h3E

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose