Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I don't know the first thing about drums, but I think I can safely say those are the coolest looking drums I've ever seen.

Thanks. Got lucky and found a dealer floor model on Ebay for half price. This is a small company producing small quantities. I consider myself lucky.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

AKAI MPK Mini - to have something to play on business trips (with an Ipad)

Korg ARP - Odyssey Module - like the sound and wanted the challenge of having to learn to program from scratch. My first instrument without presets!

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Those things have a high weird factor.

A fellow I used to work with showed me a video demonstrating the things you could do by moving your fingers this way and that on the keys. I was boggled for a week.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Just replaced my Samson Graphite 49 with an Akai Professional Advance 61. Wanted a 61 with a small footprint and a decent feel. Using it for learning keyboard parts and tweaking Kronos and Halion Sonic patches from my computer desk. Quite a firm semi-weighted feel with a solid but dull "thump" on bottom-out. Stiffer than the Samson, not as nicely padded key-down as my old Kurz PC-361, but still very good.

Comes with an ass-ton of VST instruments and FX as well, but bought it for the key action.

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

A used Roland Jupiter-80. Wow...

I had been jonesing for one of these since they came out, but I could never find one in a store and wasn't going to lay out that kind of cash without kicking the tires. One came up recently on the local CL for a great price, so I checked it out and jumped.

After having it for about a month, my regret is that I waited so long.

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

My 25 year old Ultimate Apex stand kind of exploded 2 weeks ago.

Really it was just an old clamp, but it had a mic stand attachment, and unfortunately the new clamps have a different screw hole placement, making it impossible to use the old mic stand attachment. I like to keep everything self-contained, so I got a new Ultimate deltex stand, which has a mic stand attachment on top.

I have a mixed review on it.

The cap actually broke off (and the mic stand attachment is on the top of it. The cap attaches with bolts that are sunken on the plastic cap, and it appears the plastic is pretty thin at the bottom of that sunken in section. It was easily fixed by putting metal washers over the sunken holes, but it was frustrating to happen within two weeks of owning it! I think it is a design flaw they should address.

The case that comes with it is more trouble than it is worth. It is way too tight of a fit, and is poorly stitched. Fortunately I have another case with it much roomier which works well. (I didn't use a case for my Apex since everything fit inside the column.)

Set up and tear down is more involved because the arms and legs don't store in the column like the Apex, and the base has to be screwed in place. (actually it doesn't...the cross bar fits into the back bar holding it in place quite securely, but it is possible the cross bar could be bumped out of place, though unlikely...still, not worth the risk)

It is lighter than the old Apex, which I like, but overall I feel like build quality is not what it used to be. It was also overpriced up here at Long and McQuade. Canadian prices are typically higher, but I feel $260 was too much now that I have it.

However it was either that or simply replace the clamp on my old stand and carry a separate mic stand.

The old Apex actually has a few other things broken and missing, and I think it has done it's time. If I ever put my Mono/poly into the stage rig I'll use it for that.

I also have 2 of the older model deltex stands, but they have very different clamps that are discontinued, and 2 our of 4 clamps are now stripped and unusable and I didn't trust the ones that still work to last much longer.

However in the end I have a fairly light stand that sets up and tears down fairly fast and easy, and holds three keyboards and has a mic stand attached. I also have room for my iPad if I'm using charts, so it is ok.

I suspect my next purchase will be a Behringer D, though I may go for an 88 key midi controller first. (I'd rather a 73 key but I don't know of any)

Stage: Korg Krome 88.

Home: Korg Kross 61, Yamaha reface CS, Korg SP250, Korg mono/poly Kawai ep 608, Korg m1, Yamaha KX-5

Roland XP-80 + 4 expansion boards: Orchestral, Vintage Synths, Session, Keys of the 60s & 70s. Complete with SKB road case.

The XP-80 has had only one owner before me - pretty good condition overall. I have wanted one of these for years and they don't come up for sale often here.

Had a minor GAS attack over the weekend. Must have been something I ate?

Anyway, ended up with 8 Chauvet DJ Freedom Sticks https://www.kpodj.com/chauvet-dj-freedom-stick-pack-p-106992/

... and a Behringer XR16 mixer.

Hint: I've found that the DJ supply stores will often do a better deal than the typical online MI retailers.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Ordered this. Not sure how long it will take. Guessing it will probably be December when its done. Need something with good cleans that was less power and dependable.

p4Avn7Q.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Ordered this. Not sure how long it will take. Guessing it will probably be December when its done. Need something with good cleans that was less power and dependable.

p4Avn7Q.jpg

Mark V head took 6 weeks from time of order little while ago.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P