Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2017 Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeeeeeesss!!! :rawk:

Dodgers slam Cubs to seal first World Series trip in 29 years

My condolences to our Cubs fans on Chicago's loss in the NLCS. They gave us a great World Series last year. I hope the Dodgers are now equally up to the task.

Rooting for a Dodgers/Yankees World Series now. The nostalgia factor would be through the roof!

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Dodgers.jpg

GO DODGER BLUE!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Yeeeeeesss!!! :rawk:

Dodgers slam Cubs to seal first World Series trip in 29 years

My condolences to our Cubs fans on Chicago's loss in the NLCS. They gave us a great World Series last year. I hope the Dodgers are now equally up to the task.

Rooting for a Dodgers/Yankees World Series now. The nostalgia factor would be through the roof!

http://www.geoffgrace.com/Pictures/Dodgers.jpg

GO DODGER BLUE!!! :thu:

Best,

Geoff

Absolutely!!! :twothumbs:

Here for the gear.

I think Sabathia will prevail. IIRC, the Yankees are .500 on the road. That would make it their turn tomorrow night.

That said, the Yankees have outperformed themselves so far this postseason. Can they keep it up for one more game? Either way, it'll be fun to watch.

Best,

Geoff

I've always believed that Yankee Stadium is a huge factor. The New York crowd is more intimidating to opposing players than any other city.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Congrats to our Astros fans. I'm glad Houston gets the uplift of a World Series after being ravaged by Hurricane Harvey a couple of months ago. As a Dodgers fan, I'm sorry I can't root for your first World Series titleour 29 years has been too long of a drought. But if you do manage to win, I'll be happy for you nonetheless.

Condolences to our Yankees fans. Game Seven is a tough loss, but your team exceeded everyone's expectations this year. You're back!

Best,

Geoff

I almost wish I was into this, obviously a lot of people around here are. But, I could never be an Astros fan. I grew up a Mets fan. Between that and the switch to the AL, nah. They do have a really nice stadium, though.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

It's not every year that you can say the two best teams got to the world series, but it's certainly true this year. Both are epicly talented and both are playing extremely well. I think the Astros are better, but anything can happen at this point.

The Yankees appear to me to be the smartest team in the majors, investing their vast resources into youth and player development. A sharp contrast with their past and with teams like my Giants that are weighed down with bad free agent contracts that sell preseason tickets while sucking the life blood out of the organization.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

It was 103 degrees when the game started! Good thing both teams have some experience playing in heat.

Clayton Kershaw was as lights out as it gets. He gave a comparable performance to Sandy Koufax, who was watching in the stands. So much for the knock on Kershaw in the postseason!

Chris Taylor set the tone with his leadoff homer, and Justin Turner sealed the deal on victory number one with his home run.

Not too surprising to see the Dodgers win one at home. Justin Verlander should provide a bigger challenge tomorrow.

Best,

Geoff

Was so bummed I had a 3 hour jazz gig starting at 5 PM Pacific - same time tonight's game started. Turns out the game was on at the gig, and by the time I got home, there was still a solid 2 hours waiting for me to watch!

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Yeah, both teams exhausted their bullpens in the lengthy score-fest. If I heard Joe Buck correctly, tonight's contest set a record for 3-run homers in one WS game.

I'm glad the Dodgers at least managed to win one game in Houston. I hope they're still alive after Game 6 on Halloween. The last thing I want to read is "Astros Bury Dodgers" Halloween puns.

Best,

Geoff

Tonight I am rooting for Verlander, because his then-fiancee made the most hilarious protest ever about award non-selection when Verlander did not win the Cy Young Award in 2016. Definitely NSFW, so I'll let folks search for it on their own (you'll know when you've found it).

Tonight I am rooting for Verlander, because his then-fiancee made the most hilarious protest ever about award non-selection when Verlander did not win the Cy Young Award in 2016. Definitely NSFW, so I'll let folks search for it on their own (you'll know when you've found it).

I linked to it earlier in this thread.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Does anyone think that Joe Buck is biased towards or against either team in the WS?

(I have my reasons for asking, which I will reveal after some replies are posted.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI