Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official MLB 2017 Thread

Every year I LOVE the MLB post season more and more.

I'm going all in on the Astros this year. I hope that their model is something my own franchise is on its way to emulating.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year I LOVE the MLB post season more and more.

Houston - Cleveland

Los Angeles - Washington

would be 2 great championship series if it happens that way.

All deserving of a World Series, yet only one will win

:nopity:

I'm not much a baseball viewer any longer but I do read about baseball and listen to radio. I live in MA and hope the Red Sox fire John Farrell.

Your wish is their command...

John Farrell out after five seasons as Red Sox manager

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'm not much a baseball viewer any longer but I do read about baseball and listen to radio. I live in MA and hope the Red Sox fire John Farrell.

Your wish is their command...

John Farrell out after five seasons as Red Sox manager

:keynana:

Best,

Geoff

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

Once again the world learns that you never count out the New York Yankees. There's magic in the pinstripes. It's the greatest franchise in sports.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

The defending champs survive the longest playoff game in MLB history to advance to the next round. Congrats, Cubs fans! :thu:

DAMN that was the longest in playoff history?! 5 hours it was pretty insane. Didn't know it was a record breaker. I watched the first 2.5 hours then went to a fun social activity with my wife. We were leaving that activity of a couple hours and I was amazed to see they were in the bottom of the 9th still. Great game.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I'm beginning to wonder if I was right about that longest game stat. It has mysteriously vanished from ESPN's main page.

Edit: A Google search reveals that the longest playoff game in MLB history was three years ago. It lasted 18 innings:

Giants, Nats battle in longest playoff game in history

Perhaps tonight's game was the longest nine-inning contest? In any case, sorry for my mistake.

Best,

Geoff

Boy, Dallas Keuchel was tough last night. But I also thought he benefitted from an expanded strike zone below the knees. He didn't get a few of those calls early. It seemed the umpire adjusted.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

The defending champs survive the longest playoff game in MLB history to advance to the next round. Congrats, Cubs fans! :thu:

DAMN that was the longest in playoff history?! 5 hours it was pretty insane. Didn't know it was a record breaker. I watched the first 2.5 hours then went to a fun social activity with my wife. We were leaving that activity of a couple hours and I was amazed to see they were in the bottom of the 9th still. Great game.

It was the longest 9-inning post-season game in history.

http://thebiglead.com/2017/10/13/cubs-nationals-nlds-game-5-was-the-longest-9-inning-postseason-game-ever/

The Dodgers are going to be a tough competitor for the Cubs. Hopefully they can prevail. And if not, hopefully the Dodgers can beat the Astros or Yankees.

I can too, although I was listening to it on the radio on my way to my gig in Industry Hills at that moment. What an iconic home run in LA sports!

Thanks for sharing that, Dave. Great memory of Kirk Gibson from the Lasorda era. :thu:

May the Dodgers have similar luck this year.

Best,

Geoff

Turner's walk-off HR is 29 years to the day:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U157X0jy5iw

I can still recall the gig I was at when he hit it and people went crazy.

I saw this fist pump, and Jeffrey Leonard's 'one flap down' home run trot for S.F. as being a turning point for MLB, in that it marked the end of the retaliation pitch for showing up the pitcher. Gibson never received even so much as a brushback pitch for his histrionics. I thought he should have been drilled in the back. But I'm a purist.

Before the season started, did anyone think that CC Sabathia would win a game in this year's American League Championship Series?

I'd say I'm not surprised, in the same way I wouldn't be surprised if Bartolo Colon stepped up with a big game. Gamers at heart, with a lot of pride.

I'm starting to believe "As Kris Bryant goes, so go the Cubs".

I can't be the only one here who has a tough time coming to grips with the Houston Astros being in the AMERICAN League playoffs.

Took me a decade to quit thinking the Brewers were still in the American League, and now this. And then tear the Olde English "D" off of Justin Verlander, why don't you.

As the best moptop once sang, "Strange days indeed. Most peculiar, mama..."

Roland RD-2000, Yamaha Motif XF7, Mojo 61, Invisible keyboard stand (!!!!!), 1939 Martin Handcraft Imperial trumpet

"Everyone knows rock music attained perfection in 1974. It is a scientific fact." -- Homer Simpson

And then tear the Olde English "D" off of Justin Verlander, why don't you.

We're coming up on the 1 year anniversary of perhaps the greatest Tweet ever, from Verlander's girlfriend, supermodel Kate Upton. Hilarious, and definitely NSFW! http://i.imgur.com/4i6Ckte.gif