Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2894531 - 12/07/17 10:21 AM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: TomKittel]
TomKittel Offline

KC Island
#2894548 - 12/07/17 10:51 AM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: TomKittel]
TomKittel Offline

The Artis SE iPad editor was updated March 2016 and it seems to work with IOS11. But no IOS editor update for the more expensive Artis since 2014? This sucks.

I found the new SP6 tempting. But so far no editor available. Yes, it's promised. But the IOS editor update for the Artis was long promised too...

#2894557 - 12/07/17 11:26 AM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: TomKittel]
Sven Golly Offline
KC Ambassador of Goodwill
10k Club

Loc: Toronto, ON
Since this popped up onto Page 1, I thought I'd mention for everyone pissing all over Roland for the Integra 7 iOS editor being discontinued, it's been updated and is iOS 11 compatible.

I'm absolutely certain lots of apologies and retractions are going to follow along in short order from those folks...

snax

#2894580 - 12/07/17 01:00 PM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: Sven Golly]
TomKittel Offline

Originally Posted By: Sven Golly
Since this popped up onto Page 1, I thought I'd mention for everyone pissing all over Roland for the Integra 7 iOS editor being discontinued, it's been updated and is iOS 11 compatible.

I'm absolutely certain lots of apologies and retractions are going to follow along in short order from those folks...

snax

That's great news for Integra owners! What a surprise after Roland had said that it would be discontinued.

Well.... I wish Kurzweil would grant the same customer service to Artis owners. Couldn't imagine that Roland some day would be a shining example for Kurzweil... C'mon folks!

#2894584 - 12/07/17 01:44 PM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: TomKittel]
Iconoclast Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona
Wow...what timing. Kurz releases new versions of the desktop and VST editors for Forte today. Haven't tried them yet.

Forte7, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff
...and a pickup truck to haul it all

#2894647 - 12/07/17 08:19 PM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: Iconoclast]
Dave Weiser Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Boston, MA
I believe the new Forte OS released the other day (2.20) includes a bunch of tweaks to help support the editors. The editors are actually made by a third party company called Sound Tower. It's tricky stuff, and while the small Kurz R&D team is crazy busy with a ton of work on new products and new features for existing products, as far as I can tell they're also doing what they can to assist with the editors.

Be sure to contact them as well as Kurz support if you're having issues.
http://www.soundtower.com/forte/
http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

#2894665 - 12/08/17 02:17 AM Re: iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh! [Re: Dave Weiser]
TomKittel Offline

Originally Posted By: Dave Weiser
.....while the small Kurz R&D team is crazy busy with a ton of work on new products and new features for existing products, as far as I can tell they're also doing what they can to assist with the editors.

Be sure to contact them as well as Kurz support if you're having issues.
http://www.soundtower.com/forte/
http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Hi Dave, Thanks for chiming in. Good news for Forte owners indeed. But this doesn't help Artis owners.

Of course I did contact support a couple of months ago. I was promised that an updated Artis iPad editor would be available soon. But nothing since and no more answers from Soundtower.

Is it really too tricky to update the Artis IOS editor? Interestingly enough a working IOS editor is available for the Artis SE since March 2016! I understand that the Kurz R&D team is small and everybody knows that Soundtower is flakey. But this is no excuse for leaving customers out in the rain. The Artis was advertised as programmable with iPad. This was one of the reasons why I spent my hard-earned money less than a year ago. Is it really too much to ask for that a product works as advertised?

Tom

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner