Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2884570 - 10/12/17 04:32 AM Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds
erik_nie Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
We are playing this song (I know.....)

Difficult to get the sounds right:

intro piano:
unclear, FM???

c-d-e-f steps and main background stabs:
I read this is preset 77 OK Chorale from a D50 . I used a brightness (GM) sound for this, but that is not very convincing.
I tried to find a soundfont, but no succes.

I've got a Kurzweil PC3K6 and Kurzweil Forte, so playing samples is no problem.

It would help me alot if anyone can play the sounds and sent me a single wav file with this. Without any effects, just the wav

- low piano sound -> one sound
- OK Chorale on D50 every thirth note around the played area. one played soft and once played at max velocity for a few seconds per note. Like c - eb - fis - a - c - etc.

I will extract the samples and loopt them, create a PC3 patch from this and share it to anyone that is interested. You can load this file also into a Forte.

Thanks!!!

KC Island
#2884592 - 10/12/17 07:17 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: erik_nie]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Just to clarify... I assume you are referring to Tina Turner's song "Simply the best?"

#2884595 - 10/12/17 07:34 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: erik_nie]
Al Coda Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: out in the sticks
What about using THIS and/ or asking for more over there ?

A.C.

#2884610 - 10/12/17 08:23 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: Al Coda]
Sven Golly Offline
KC Ambassador of Goodwill
10k Club

Loc: Toronto, ON
Intro was done with a Roland D-50, so buy yourself a new Roland D-05 Boutique synth and you're done.

Asking for someone to play the part for you for sampling purposes... for free no less... is pretty crass, frankly, especially with only 93 posts in 4+ years. YMMV.

#2884613 - 10/12/17 08:37 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: Sven Golly]
Phoney R Wakeman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Discovery Bay, California
Originally Posted By: Sven Golly
In

Asking for someone to play the part for you for sampling purposes... for free no less... is pretty crass, frankly, especially with only 93 posts in 4+ years. YMMV.

that is a nervey request.

I think I can do better, I was going to request ( for free of course) , Emersons Piano Concerto No. 1 in Kronos midi format. So I can impress some guests at the house this week end
wink ( j/k)

#2884642 - 10/12/17 10:50 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: erik_nie]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I just want a free Kronos. grin

#2884645 - 10/12/17 11:16 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: Synthoid]
Phoney R Wakeman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Synthoid
I just want a free Kronos. grin

This is the perfect place to wish for free things. And Xmas is getting close.

I am making my list wink

#2884646 - 10/12/17 11:21 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: Phoney R Wakeman]
clawback Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Canada
I'm still trying to figure out why someone with a Wolf DF304 needs a recipe to make a meatloaf.

#2884651 - 10/12/17 12:09 PM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: Al Coda]
aellison62 Offline

Loc: Ohio
Originally Posted By: Al Coda
What about using THIS and/ or asking for more over there ?

A.C.

+1 Kset list is a great forum for finding/sharing sounds for Kurz owners ! Lucky for the OP the sounds for the song he needs is already there

#2884660 - 10/12/17 02:16 PM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: aellison62]
erik_nie Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Great find, I tried to google anything on the net but nothing came up...
The Ksetlist version is very close and more than good enough.
Thanks for helping me out.

Sorry if this was not a fitting request on this list, I'm mostly a reader here.

Still wondering about the low note in the intro, the Ksetlist is close enough. What could it be?

#2884731 - 10/12/17 11:14 PM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: erik_nie]
MorbidMonsterMax Offline

Loc: MN, U.S.
Originally Posted By: erik_nie
Great find, I tried to google anything on the net but nothing came up...
The Ksetlist version is very close and more than good enough.
Thanks for helping me out.

Sorry if this was not a fitting request on this list, I'm mostly a reader here.

Still wondering about the low note in the intro, the Ksetlist is close enough. What could it be?

OK. Try making the intro sound as a FM bass with a FM EP or a FM Bell sound (if a bell sound, shorten the release so that it matches the bass). Try those combinations and see what works for you.

I don't have anything Kurzweil, so I do not know what sounds you do have available, but the bass should be rather thin, it sounds quite digital to me. Also work with shifting the octaves to match. This is evidently not supposed to be organic-sounding. smile

BTW, for the main stab sound you could try adding a hint of alto or soprano saxophone (of course shifted into the correct octave) into the background. At least that's what I hear for the verse section.

Edited by MorbidMonsterMax (10/12/17 11:21 PM)

Titano Virtuoso Converter accordion, Resident Audio T4, Casio CT-370. Kimball Valencia/Broadway organs, Shure SM-57

#2884743 - 10/13/17 04:02 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: Phoney R Wakeman]
joegerardi Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Savannah,GA,UNITED STATES
Originally Posted By: Phoney R Wakeman
I think I can do better, I was going to request ( for free of course) , Emersons Piano Concerto No. 1 in Kronos midi format. So I can impress some guests at the house this week end
wink ( j/k)

Ask and ye shall receive. (Except it ain't the best MIDI file there is.)

Pcon_1

..Joe

#2884765 - 10/13/17 06:50 AM Re: Tine Turner - The Best needs synth sounds [Re: joegerardi]
Phoney R Wakeman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: joegerardi
Originally Posted By: Phoney R Wakeman
wink ( j/k)

Ask and ye shall receive. (Except it ain't the best MIDI file there is.)

Pcon_1
..Joe

you are a good guy, thanks, Joe !

wish me luck, as I will try to show our guests there is more to music than gangsta rap and country.

Moderator:  Grave Bryce, Stephen Fortner