Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2883866 - 10/08/17 08:46 AM Fred C
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Japan
A few years ago I ran across a few instructional vids from sheetsofsound.com-I had meant to come back to them, but it kind of got shuffled around. Today I bumped into sheetsofsound again. Jack Zucker is a really good player-and I saw a comment from him, that he really likes his Seventy Seven guitars Thought you might enjoy a listen.

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

GP Island
#2883876 - 10/08/17 10:15 AM Re: Fred C [Re: skipclone 1]
Fred_C Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: PA
@Skip,

I know Jack from the Jazz Guitar Forum. Yes, he is a very fine player.

Seventy Seven guitars enjoy an excellent reputation on the JGF. The only problem is that the one and only dealer in the U.S does not accept returns. If you buy it, it belongs to you. As an intelligent and knowledgeable consumer that won't work for me.

I am currently thinking about selling my Ibanez AF-125 Custom and buying a Peerless "Hardtail" which is their ES-335 clone. I am a huge fan of Peerless guitars and believe that they deliver top quality instruments at incredibly reasonable prices.

#2883878 - 10/08/17 10:56 AM Re: Fred C [Re: Fred_C]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Japan
No returns? yup-that is not kool.
One of my early `guitar satori` experiences, was trying out a Gibson 335 at a music shop. It`s one of the most versatile instruments I`ve ever picked up.
I`ve seen your appreciation of Peerless guitars-have not had the chance to try them yet. One of these days, hopefully.

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

#2883917 - 10/08/17 02:32 PM Re: Fred C [Re: skipclone 1]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
By the way, Fred. Whatever became of that COLLINGS guitar you had your eye on? Give up on it, or what?

I don't recall the model you claimed to be after, but I did look on their site and thought them beautifully made instruments.
Whitefang

#2884199 - 10/10/17 07:16 AM Re: Fred C [Re: whitefang]
Fred_C Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: PA
Originally Posted By: whitefang
By the way, Fred. Whatever became of that COLLINGS guitar you had your eye on? Give up on it, or what?

I don't recall the model you claimed to be after, but I did look on their site and thought them beautifully made instruments.
Whitefang

@WF:

I really can't afford a Collings. They're hyper expensive. A Collings hollow or semi-hollow body will probably come in around $7-9000. I believe that you may be referring to the Heritage H555 semi-hollow. A beautiful instrument for around $3K.

However, when it comes to high quality, reasonably priced guitars I really like Peerless. Very fine instruments with an excellent Price/Performance ratio. IMO, they represent a great value.

#2884304 - 10/10/17 02:57 PM Re: Fred C [Re: Fred_C]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Sure. 3K does sound better than $7-9K. And the only place around here that dealt in Heritage shut down about 17-19 years ago, but before they did, I was in there and did tool around a bit on that H555. Very nice instrument.

But I do recall you mentioning really liking some Collings model, but also that you did mention the cost too rich for your wallet at the time.
Whitefang

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose