Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2883634 - 10/06/17 10:13 AM Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix
desertbluesman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Near Phoenix Az
I started my musical interest singing baritone in an A-Capella group, so I am still very impressed with those who still do it. So on Facebook someone posted a link to this tune. Smokin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYCoyUxY2HY
Harvey Cedars is my stage name on Soundclick

GP Island
#2883703 - 10/06/17 08:21 PM Re: Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix [Re: desertbluesman]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
A Great A-Capella job... thu

#2883819 - 10/07/17 08:10 PM Re: Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix [Re: desertbluesman]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Japan
I`ve never been much into it for myself but Like those who can do it well.
Dolly is the real deal, big respect for her and this is a good reminder. Nice job.

Skipsounds on Soundclick:
www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

#2883841 - 10/08/17 04:06 AM Re: Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix [Re: skipclone 1]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
True, people do tend to forget Dolly is a very good singer, songwriter and musician. For too many, they let their EYES and not their EARS do all the thinking in that respect.

I think actress/comedienne LILY TOMLIN, after working with Dolly on "9 to 5" said, "People should realize that under all that chest is a very talented actress, friendly and generous AND genuine, loveable person."

"Real deal" alright. She did make it big in country music, where for sure one can't get far on just looks alone. I mean, if THAT were true, then how would you explain LYLE LOVETT? grin
Whitefang

#2883861 - 10/08/17 08:07 AM Re: Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix [Re: whitefang]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

....maybe you should ask his ex-wife
What was her name again......Julia Roberts?
http://ew.com/article/1998/06/26/julia-roberts-and-lyle-lovett-wed/
I don`t think even science can explain that... grin

Edited by skipclone 1 (10/08/17 08:31 AM)

#2883919 - 10/08/17 02:36 PM Re: Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix [Re: skipclone 1]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
Methinks, as typically since the onslaught of "dweebbook", my query had been taken out of context. wink
Whitefang (who fails to see what Julia Roberts has to do with finding success in the country music genre.)

#2883945 - 10/08/17 06:16 PM Re: Jolene with Dolly and The Pentatonix [Re: whitefang]
skipclone 1 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Methinks rather, you failed to remember your commentary on the subject-to wit:

" She did make it big in country music, where for sure one can't get far on just looks alone. I mean, if THAT were true, then how would you explain LYLE LOVETT? grin"

Your implication here-unless there is another context that I`m not noticing, by all means elucidate-is that Mr. Lovett is not an example of someone succeeding only by their appearance. Yet he married Julia Roberts, a woman who could easily have her pick of Chippendale`s types.
Or to leave this pot on the boil longer if that is needed, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose