Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

So over on another forum, So_Godly (Sven) - don't know if he visits here, posted a pic of his rig with a very cool looking keyboard stand. He says it was made by Ruka back in the 90's. Anybody seen these before?

There's a few more pix at Cantabile Forums.

Can't even find this on Google pix.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/abe07550a70791e1ad9be7f050674bec23ece236.jpg

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage3, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

Loving my current playpen rig. Way, way too much fun. :boing:

hEz8LdG.jpg

Left to right (top to bottom):

Korg Kronos, Crumar Mojo61 (with lower manual), Mellotron 4000D rack (under Mac monitor), Animal, DSI Pro2, Roland D-50, Kurzweil PC3K8, MiniMoog, Eventide H9 Max, DSI PolyEvolver (MIDI'd to Mini with Kenton interface), Kurzweil FORTE 7, Alesis Ion (triggering Mellotron).

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

hEz8LdG.jpg

Korg Kronos, Crumar Mojo61 (with lower manual), Mellotron 4000D rack (under Mac monitor), Animal, DSI Pro2, Roland D-50, Kurzweil PC3K8, MiniMoog, Eventide H9 Max, DSI PolyEvolver (MIDI'd to Mini with Kenton interface), Kurzweil FORTE 7, Alesis Ion (triggering Mellotron).

dB

Love how the mini Seems to Lord over the room- very Wakeman like :2thu:

No Andromeda?

Nice room! :like:

Thanks. There's a bunch of recording stuff to the left of the Big Rig as well, and a few more keyboards and modules scattered about.

glGxTXB.jpg

No Andromeda?

Both need some work. The red one won't even boot at the moment. :rolleyes:

It's actually in the rack to the right of the pic, with a Quadrasynth (always loaded with my precious Vintage Synths QCard), another PEK and the PX-5S.

bpIrtzk.jpg

dB

hEz8LdG.jpg

dB

Wheres the Hammond A100 ?

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Some updates. Primarily the Viscount Legend. Getting the 1122 connector to get the Leslie up and running with it, looking forward to that coming in! Kronos packed away hoping someone buys it. Electro 4 HP in gig bag to chuck in the car at a moments notice.

http://i64.tinypic.com/vdn8dt.jpg

I am also using the 1122 from the Legend to run a 142. Perfect setup, to control both the Leslie and the internal sim to FOH if needed. I also have a Lounsberry Tall and Fat in the effects loop . Im also from Melbourne originally, my long lost son maybe ??? haha

"Ive been playing Hammond since long before anybody paid me to play one, I didn't do it to be cool, I didnt do it to make a statement......I just liked it "

Would it be conceivable for this forum to have a permanent topic:

For Family, Significant Others, and Friends: WHAT THE OTHER GUYS HAVE!

Think about it. "Honey, it's not too much to spend! Just go to KC and see WHAT THE OTHER GUYS HAVE!"

(For the sake of fairness, perhaps someone can de-misogynize my wording.) :wave:

Has the battery on the processor board been replaced? A dying battery can hose the firmware.

I had to replace the battery in mine some years ago. They have about a ten year life.

I suppose that's possible. It's the first one that was ever shown publicly at the 2000 NAMM show. Not a production model. You probably played it....

It won't get past the boot screen, so that could be a firmware issue. What kind of battery? Easy to replace?

dB

hEz8LdG.jpg

dB

Killer setup and I like your other room with the Hammond and piano. I'm considering the lower manual for my Mojo 61.

Some updates. Primarily the Viscount Legend. Getting the 1122 connector to get the Leslie up and running with it, looking forward to that coming in! Kronos packed away hoping someone buys it. Electro 4 HP in gig bag to chuck in the car at a moments notice.

http://i64.tinypic.com/vdn8dt.jpg

I am also using the 1122 from the Legend to run a 142. Perfect setup, to control both the Leslie and the internal sim to FOH if needed. I also have a Lounsberry Tall and Fat in the effects loop . Im also from Melbourne originally, my long lost son maybe ??? haha

Hahaha, perhaps! How do you find the Lounsberry working with the 142? I'm at the point where I feel like my setup is just one step away from a real console soundwise, and that's a schelp I ain't happy with! I play boogaloo, funk, jazz (LHB all the way).

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

It won't get past the boot screen, so that could be a firmware issue. What kind of battery? Easy to replace? dB

CR2032 - only it's the solder tab variety. Btw I'm not sure how a bad battery can "hose the firmware" unless the firmware is stored in the non-volatile S-RAM? Guess I'm due to be schooled by Michael - once again.

Good link here for changing over to a battery holder: I'll take this on shortly as I also need to replace a flaky pot.

It's the first one that was ever shown publicly at the 2000 NAMM show. Not a production model. You probably played it....

I did play that one at the show. Shortly before that NAMM show, Peake brought over a blue panel prototype to Dave Kean's place where I was staying.

It won't get past the boot screen, so that could be a firmware issue. What kind of battery? Easy to replace? dB

CR2032 - only it's the solder tab variety. Btw I'm not sure how a bad battery can "hose the firmware" unless the firmware is stored in the non-volatile S-RAM? Guess I'm due to be schooled by Michael - once again.

Good link here for changing over to a battery holder: I'll take this on shortly as I also need to replace a flaky pot.

Yup, the 2x32 variety. Markyboard's link is accurate.

Firmware is stored in flash memory, but the battery backed RAM holds not just patches but some system parameters. If the battery goes south, the system may be unable to boot. Pretty common ailment for most gear, not just synths but effect devices too.

You have to be cautious unsoldering the old battery as they can explode from too much heat from the soldering iron tip. Leave this job to a tech; ask him to install a battery holder. Doesn't take much time so not an expensive fix. Battery holder makes it a lot easier to replace the battery, save your patch memory before you do this.

You can get longer battery life using the 2450 instead of the 2032. 2450 is the same voltage but double the mAh (milliamp per hour) rating. It's a larger battery so the socket has to fit it. I've been using the 2450 in place of 2032 with no trouble.

Good table of coin cell ratings

Tell your tech to be very careful with assembly of ribbon cables in the Andromeda. It is easy to offset a socket to the header pins by mistake. I did that and zapped the digital FX chip.

I just started a new band, a synth/drum duo. Although I don't play the organ per se, I'm so used to the action and ergonomic, I still use the C2 as a controller. So I built a rack that sits on top that holds all my synth modules and stuff.

The KMI 12-step on the floor controls the iPad mini (Focusrite iTrack).

37082314941_fd80b29440_c.jpgSynthRig by Patrick Suler, on Flickr

Beautiful Franz! I love well thought out compact ergonomics.

:like:

Firmware is stored in flash memory, but the battery backed RAM holds not just patches but some system parameters. If the battery goes south, the system may be unable to boot. Pretty common ailment for most gear, not just synths but effect devices too.

Never knew that. So it's not really firmware per se but still boot dependable critical parameters- interesting.

You can get longer battery life using the 2450 instead of the 2032. 2450 is the same voltage but double the mAh (milliamp per hour) rating. It's a larger battery so the socket has to fit it. I've been using the 2450 in place of 2032 with no trouble.

Never knew this either - thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my new setup at the new house. It's still in the works, but here is where it is at right now. I have a section of the "bunk house" or accessory building dedicated only to music stuff, and that's what you see here.

IMG_1343_1.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

The digital piano is a Yamaha CLP from the early 2000s.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 3 weeks later...

IMAG2386.jpg

From a show this weekend, last gig for my trusty NE 5D. Bottom keyboard is the Crumar Mojo. Both keys are submixed in my Mackie VLZ 803, the stage was pretty small so I went directly into the Yamaha MSR 100 speaker as a monitor. The barstool was at a pretty perfect height! :laugh:

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

• 2 weeks later...

From last night's show...

FAMC LiquidFoot+ mini holds the setlists, on-stomp sends program changes to Cantabile3 running on the Dell Inspiron 2in1. All boards run as LOCAL=OFF and go through the MOTU patchbay to the computer. Cantabile handles all the routing, key ranges, layers, controller mapping/scaling, and patch changes (when receiving a PC from the LF+). Halion Sonic 3 also used for some songs. RME Fireface UCX handles USB IO and audio mix. XLR a/b switch for Vocoder routing to Kronos. Custom pedalboard connects via multi-pin snake. Shure PSM-600 ear-bug system.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/UTA_Rig_20171104_01.png

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/UTA_Rig_20171104_02.png

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/UTA_20171104.png

~ vonnor

Gear:

Had a grand old time last night at the Royal Room in Seattle, backing up an artist for a one-off CD release show (J.R. Rhodes). Wayne Horvitz is one of the principals at the place, so it's a keyboardists' dream, house-backline wise; Steinway B, Suitcase Rhodes, Wurlitzer 206A, B3 / Leslie, Clavinet... you just tell them what you want when you advance the gig and the engineers help you set it up when you arrive for soundcheck.

I brought the Mini, pedalboard (Small Stone, Timeline, BigSky) and Vibrolux Reverb, because why not. Wayne was on the other side of the stage playing Hammond. A splendid time.

http://slorg.org/kc/royalroom.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Our very own Eric Lawson. rocking out in Richmond VA last night.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/ericL_FEBand.jpg

Gear:

Our very own Eric Lawson. rocking out in Richmond VA last night.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m305/Koda_Vonnor/ericL_FEBand.jpg

Thanks for coming out the show! It was great seeing you guys and what a nice surprise!

Great job capturing all the gear including my rack (and shoes). I love my live rig!

A couple years ago I visited my friends in Dublin and their high-school daughter earned cash by doing custom artwork on Converse shoes..so I had her do these for gigs. Just told her to have a music theme and use the words "What's so Funny 'Bout Peace, Love and Understanding" (Can't see the "'Bout" on these photos because it's on the tongue of the shoe.) I like the little keyboards she did on the heels.

http://www.stickmanor.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/shoes_small_25.jpg

BTW, Eric: I have terrible balance and would probably fall over if I had to use those pedals standing up. Good on you!

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman