Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2878478 - 09/11/17 04:42 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: DicemLabs.com]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: S. Ca. USA
Originally Posted By: DulceLabs.com
Finally got that Kars for Kids jingle out of my ear. Had to dig around for a while...

It is weird how minds, well MY mind works. when I saw that picture of the unknown object, it actually gave me a negative sense of fear. It looked colossal in size, like an astroid or something.. Really frightening object barreling through space.

Take a look, and try to remove that soiled Q-Tip first idea

KC Island
#2878482 - 09/11/17 04:55 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: I-missRichardTee]
clawback Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Canada
This lame piece of goofy cheerleader tripe has been the soundtrack of heavy rotation Best Western commercials. It's at the point I record my baseball games and fast forward thru the ads on a regular basis.

#2878516 - 09/11/17 07:43 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: clawback]
wineandkeyz Offline
Gold Member

Loc: North Carolina
I thought everyone knew the universal cure for an earworm:

#2878518 - 09/11/17 07:56 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: I-missRichardTee]
Grave Bryce Administrator Offline
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Loc: Thousand Oaks,CA,UNITED STATES
Originally Posted By: I-missRichardTee

Danse Macabre is among my favorite pieces of music of all time.

dB

rockit ==> ReverbNationSoundCloud <==rawk

Professional affiliations: Amphion Loudspeakers • Cloud Microphones • Crumar/GSi • elysia GmbH • Reverb Foundry • Roswell Pro Audio...and Electronic Musician

#2879014 - 09/13/17 08:50 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: Grave Bryce]
Synthaholic Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Where the wild things are
I've had this one in my head for about 10 days. I don't know why!!!! And it really sucks when Irma has silenced all of your distractions, and all you're left with are your thoughts, and . . . Lou Rawls.

WHY?!?!

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

#2883542 - 10/05/17 08:03 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: Synthaholic]
clawback Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Canada
Watching Fox Sports coverage of the ALDS and now I can't get their theme out of my head. Reminds me of "Giddy up, giddy up, giddy up let's go" - the bridge from "Sleigh Ride."

#2883550 - 10/05/17 09:07 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: clawback]
David Emm Offline
Gold Member

Loc: On Mars, due to GPS error
Here, this'll scrub away almost anything. Probably a fair choice for your MP3 alarm clock.

Gossipo Perpetuo

https://soundcloud.com/david-emm-1

#2883616 - 10/06/17 08:43 AM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: David Emm]
area51recording Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Newburgh,IN

the other night at the piano bar some guy requested "Cover of the Rolling Stone"........STILL hearing it today.....

#2883628 - 10/06/17 09:44 AM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: I-missRichardTee]
hipogrito Offline

Loc: East Northport,NY
I think the cure depends on your generation... for generation X, I suggest listening to this several times

Regards,
Fran

#2883633 - 10/06/17 10:09 AM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: 16251]
vonnor Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Centreville, VA USA
Originally Posted By: 16251
Listen to the radio commercial "Kars for Kids."

I always pull a muscle in my shoulder every time I hear oompah intro...

...reaching for the car radio "off" button.

~ vonnor

#2883648 - 10/06/17 11:12 AM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: 16251]
DicemLabs.com Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Orlando, Florida
Originally Posted By: 16251
Listen to the radio commercial "Kars for Kids."

The fake Johnny Cash is the icing on the cake.

#2883650 - 10/06/17 11:22 AM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: I-missRichardTee]
Wasteland Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By: I-missRichardTee

Why didn't you take the time to post this! rimshot

Am I and Barry the only guys that had an interest in Ms Henderson?

I ask the "hard" questions here at KFC.

Never did it for me, but in her defense, she had some pretty stiff (sorry)competition with Samantha, Maryanne, Jeannie and all the other impure thoughts I was having at the time.

#2883661 - 10/06/17 02:02 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: Wasteland]
The Zombie MC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Secluded Tranquil NY Wine Coun...
How to kill earworms: play Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head but change it to Damn Song keep running through my head.

Works for me every time.

What I CAN'T listen to is complex evolving music at night, such as jazz or progressive. The music still evolves in the radio in my brain and I can't shut it off!

#2883821 - 10/07/17 08:15 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: The Zombie MC]
MaskOfInsects Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: California
No one in this thread has yet posted the International Board Certified Cure for EarwormsTM. I will rectify that now. This will stop all music from reverberating inside your brain. Remember that to be effective, sometimes a treatment must also be painful.

Herewith:

#2883895 - 10/08/17 12:07 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: I-missRichardTee]
Synthaholic Offline
Platinum Member

I've heard the cure for earworms is an instrumental version of Girl From Ipanema.

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

#2884031 - 10/09/17 07:10 AM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: Synthaholic]
Stokely Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Florida
Maybe this is just me, but I have a few that are literally decades old. Meaning, I'll just start singing/humming them at random times.

The one that pops up the most, for whatever reason: "What's On My Mind" from Kansas. It's not even my favorite song on that album!?! Ironic name though....

#2884709 - 10/12/17 07:42 PM Re: "it took me MONTHS to kill this earworm" [Re: Stokely]
Synthaholic Offline
Platinum Member

Originally Posted By: Stokely
Maybe this is just me, but I have a few that are literally decades old. Meaning, I'll just start singing/humming them at random times.

The one that pops up the most, for whatever reason: "What's On My Mind" from Kansas. It's not even my favorite song on that album!?! Ironic name though....

Such a great singer.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Grave Bryce, Stephen Fortner