Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2877447 - 09/06/17 10:51 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
johnchop Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Georgia, US
No doubt Apple's latest hardware directions range from frustrating to painful for folks who depend on the product line to make a living.

For hobbyists like me who use a Mac ONLY for music production, it's a bunch of shoulder-shrugging quibbles.

My music computer is an older (2011) Mac. It runs well enough for my music production needs, although more CPU-hungry VSTs and projects have me looking at upgrade options. Per Geekbench, a new iMac would yield a noticeable performance improvement, and about the only things I'd need are a Thunderbolt-to-Firewire adapter for my audio I/O, and fast storage for sample libraries.

OR I purchase an even better-spec'ed Windows PC for less and hope a Firewire PCI-e card does the trick.

-John

PS: I certainly agree with Rick that--regardless of OS--iTunes is a hot mess and has been for years. Even the iOS version went from a very straightforward music player to whatever the heck it is now. Low marks for "discoverability" in the user experience.

KC Island
#2877455 - 09/06/17 11:31 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: johnchop]
16251 Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Apple needs to pay for that new circular location.

Personally, I love my iPad2, which can no longer be updated but I have all the music apps I need, so I'm good. I actually like it more now that I don't get that annoying message that iOS needs updating.

I also bought my first smart phone less than two years ago. A brand new older model - 5S. Apple said newest iOS would work on my phone but it didn't and my phone would never stay on. I ended up with a $99 Samsung and it has been great. No more annoying messages to update except for one update that was smooth as silk when updating and after updating. I miss some of intuitiveness of the iPhone but Android does everything I need.

#2877475 - 09/06/17 12:43 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: 16251]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: S. Ca. USA
Originally Posted By: 16251

Personally, I love my iPad2, which can no longer be updated but I have all the music apps I need, so I'm good. I actually like it more now that I don't get that annoying message that iOS needs updating.

I also bought my first smart phone less than two years ago. A brand new older model - 5S. Apple said newest iOS would work on my phone but it didn't and my phone would never stay on. I ended up with a $99 Samsung and it has been great. No more annoying messages to update except for one update that was smooth as silk when updating and after updating. I miss some of intuitiveness of the iPhone but Android does everything I need.

This is OT but
2 items

I have a 3 or 4 year old iPad ( and right THERE is another example of inept naming of successive models )
You mention no more annoying notifications - Is that how it works.. basically, if you are happy with the app versions you use on older iPad.. there is zero need for messing with the older ios device. It is just eg like a dime store calculator so to speak.

You mention iPhone 5. I was just today considering using my 5 while my newer 6plus gets hopefully refurbished.
I ruined my new 6S facepalm so need a back up. Always good to have an older iPhone as a backup.

Are there any issues with using temporarily my 5??

Edited by I-missRichardTee (09/06/17 12:46 PM)

#2877483 - 09/06/17 01:09 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
MotiDave Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Originally Posted By: I-missRichardTee
Originally Posted By: 16251

This is OT but
2 items

I have a 3 or 4 year old iPad ( and right THERE is another example of inept naming of successive models )
You mention no more annoying notifications - Is that how it works.. basically, if you are happy with the app versions you use on older iPad.. there is zero need for messing with the older ios device. It is just eg like a dime store calculator so to speak.

You mention iPhone 5. I was just today considering using my 5 while my newer 6plus gets hopefully refurbished.
I ruined my new 6S facepalm so need a back up. Always good to have an older iPhone as a backup.

Are there any issues with using temporarily my 5??

issues in what sense: making calls? texting? watching youtube videos? remotely guiding Trident missiles? if you use a smartphone as a typical smartphone, then no probably not. if you are doing something extraordinary ... ?

I use my iphone as an iphone and music player. i text, email, IM, FB, YT, websurf, etc. I don't think my switch from 5 to 6 mattered, 6 is better and I got 6+ which I love as i don't always have reading glasses. i can't read the 5 anymore without them.

#2877587 - 09/06/17 11:48 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: MotiDave]
fjzingo Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Gothenburg, Sweden
I agree completely with the rant iTunes, and add email, calendar and other apple software that are odd with disappearing/stuck emails and meetings. Actually use outlook and spotify instead. Also not being able to control where you're own files go, especially music files, but off course there are workarounds. The apple keyboard for ipad pro is just shit quality, its broken twice for me....the apple pen was just a gimick which I dont use anymore.

Tested my y.o. sons Chromebook which is running google scholar. Its running laps around the limited ipads. Kids are getting used to that environment, and if it will spread to universities, forget about ipads.

WRT mobile, work laptop, home tv etc I use Apple ios/os even though the support of proffesional software I use for research is declinig. l got a new iphone due to that I couldn't be bothered to learn a new system and it actually integrates well with my ipads and macbook. Recently bought a imac for music use because I couldn't be bothered to shift to a PC, you know licenses of software etc. Pure laziness......

Built a windows PC running windows 10, easy as pie and the computer works and looks great with built in leds etc. Will test that one for running cubase, if its good.....forget overpriced apple stuff.

Lets see in 5 years time if Apple turns into IBM since they're creativity and the quality of they're products is declining.

Cantaloop
Soulfetch
Soulbox

#2877590 - 09/07/17 01:27 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: fjzingo]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: fjzingo
I agree completely with the rant iTunes, and add email, calendar and other apple software that are odd with disappearing/stuck emails and meetings. Actually use outlook and spotify instead. Also not being able to control where you're own files go, especially music files, but off course there are workarounds. The apple keyboard for ipad pro is just shit quality, its broken twice for me....the apple pen was just a gimick which I dont use anymore.

Tested my y.o. sons Chromebook which is running google scholar. Its running laps around the limited ipads. Kids are getting used to that environment, and if it will spread to universities, forget about ipads.

WRT mobile, work laptop, home tv etc I use Apple ios/os even though the support of proffesional software I use for research is declinig. l got a new iphone due to that I couldn't be bothered to learn a new system and it actually integrates well with my ipads and macbook. Recently bought a imac for music use because I couldn't be bothered to shift to a PC, you know licenses of software etc. Pure laziness......

Built a windows PC running windows 10, easy as pie and the computer works and looks great with built in leds etc. Will test that one for running cubase, if its good.....forget overpriced apple stuff.

Lets see in 5 years time if Apple turns into IBM since they're creativity and the quality of they're products is declining.

Oh, yes, I forgot about the damn calendar app native to Mac... I dislike it.

I strongly dislike entering data in it.. too limited and weird too
and the month view absolutely sucks.. not articulate maybe, but I hate looking at it.. I am never quite sure what month I am looking at.
If you own it, you know what I mean.

OT But a few days ago, YT suddenly got a "new" ( actually old ) look, more like old PC... really cheap looking.. all of a sudden, no warning.

Edited by I-missRichardTee (09/07/17 01:28 AM)

#2877615 - 09/07/17 05:49 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: fjzingo]
RABid Online   content
10k Club

Just ordered my first Chromebook. Will use it for blogging, gaming, and will be interested to see what music apps are available. Maybe that is a subject for another thread.

#2877662 - 09/07/17 09:44 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: JerryA]
Geoff Grace Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: JerryA
Originally Posted By: tfort
Personally, I'm willing to pay a small premium for Apple products solely than their stance on privacy.

+1000

Agreed!

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

#2877675 - 09/07/17 11:19 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
fjzingo Offline
Platinum Member

Exactly what is annoying me with the calendar, I have made mistakes booking meetings becuse of the looks of that calendar.

Oh, yes, I forgot about the damn calendar app native to Mac... I dislike it.

I strongly dislike entering data in it.. too limited and weird too
and the month view absolutely sucks.. not articulate maybe, but I hate looking at it.. I am never quite sure what month I am looking at.
If you own it, you know what I mean.

OT But a few days ago, YT suddenly got a "new" ( actually old ) look, more like old PC... really cheap looking.. all of a sudden, no warning.

Cantaloop
Soulfetch
Soulbox

#2877676 - 09/07/17 11:21 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: RABid]
fjzingo Offline
Platinum Member

My son is complaining on the lack of games......which means I am happy.:)

I havent looked into music apps for a chromebook.

Originally Posted By: RABid

Just ordered my first Chromebook. Will use it for blogging, gaming, and will be interested to see what music apps are available. Maybe that is a subject for another thread.

Cantaloop
Soulfetch
Soulbox

#2877677 - 09/07/17 11:23 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Geoff Grace]
xxKnuckles Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: United Kingdom
I have been trying to resist getting involved in this thread, because I have moaned about apple in the past on this forum and do not wish to over egg the pudding ..... but my willpower can be less than optimum at times.....

And I have just had a bad experience with their currently USELESS email system.

I was an early adopter of the original ipad 1 and have been using ipads & - more recently - iphones since then. Incredible pieces of engineering! Mind blowing in fact. But with all that genius behind them it seems astonishing that they now work far less well in some areas than that original ipad 1 ... Emails always used to work perfectly. On my current devices 9 times out of 10 I cannot view new emails and it simply says "has not downloaded from the server..." And attempting to view emails which are part of a long conversation usually just shows me a blank screen. Indeed it is such a waste of time that I no longer bother and do all my emails on my windows Surface.

Their obsession with having devices without any ports completely mystifies me, but as a musician, I consider any device without a headphone socket to be out of the question. So there is no question of my ever upgrading my iphone 6.

I also truly loathe the way that they keep trying to force me into using the apple icloud (which I do not wish to use). Every new ios update means having to navigate a series of questions which employ double or triple negatives to trick me into accidentally agreeing to it. These tactics are unethical and leave me extremely unimpressed.

I have now switched to the surface for all of my musical & creative projects and am now even using it to display my sheet music. (It is so much better than an ipad and displays 2 pages at once! ) It is a delight to use and I love the ease of file handling etc.

I will use my phone until it dies and then swap that as well. I am so surprised that I have ended up like this as I was a huge supporter of apple for years, but I do not like where they are currently going and have no intention of going with them.

#2877681 - 09/07/17 11:34 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: xxKnuckles]
timwat Offline
Quite wealthy...spiritually
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Concord,CA,UNITED STATES
I still use both Windows and Mac in my professional and personal life.

Neither are perfect, either with regard to hardware or software.

I used to be far more emotionally invested in this discussion, but am not anymore and so saw little benefit to anyone by commenting to this thread.

But my personal perspective: these are simply tools to accomplish tasks and jobs. It is a waste of my energy to get attached, emotionally drawn to, or somehow so vested in Apple, Microsoft or any number of large multinational corporations to somehow root for them, root against them, or feel betrayed by a revision in their products.

I have my priorities: Keep my stuff secure, safe, accessible. Make it as painless as reasonable to accomplish the things I need to get done, without investing an inordinate amount of time wrestling with the technology.

Getting my emotions in a twist about any of this is as productive as getting in a twist about my Phillips head screwdriver.

Just my 0.02.

Tim

#2877682 - 09/07/17 11:35 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Geoff Grace]
fjzingo Offline
Platinum Member

That is one comment I think is very interesting and agree on. There were copious amounts of commercials and crap on my kids nexus 7s years ago. i think it is better today, at least they dont complain on their plusones.

Amazon, Google, etc... are really collecting big data to use as a sales weapon against us. Actually pretty dull and uncreative way of utilising AI which off course in the end generates money, very boring.

Originally Posted By: Geoff Grace
Originally Posted By: JerryA
Originally Posted By: tfort
Personally, I'm willing to pay a small premium for Apple products solely than their stance on privacy.

+1000

Agreed!

Best,

Geoff

Cantaloop
Soulfetch
Soulbox

#2877695 - 09/07/17 12:32 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: fjzingo]
The Real MC Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Secluded Tranquil NY Wine Coun...
I use Windows at work since 1993 and have watched the OS get worse over time.

When Vista came out, you had to replace EVERYTHING. Computer, printers, burners, readers, EVERYTHING. Even the damn monitor. That's when I replaced my Windows computer at home with a Mac Pro. Since I had to pay out so much moola to upgrade the windows computer, I jumped ship.

I got one of the last "cheese grater" Mac Pros with twelve cores of CPU power, after Steve Jobs had died. I knew that future products were going to suffer without his direction, and with the next release of the Mac Pro I was proven correct.

A couple of years ago I happened to peek at prices of used Mac Pros. I was ASTONISHED that the twelve core model I bought new back in 2012 was commanding top dollar on the used market - almost the price I paid for it! That has NEVER happened on the used computer market before.

When Apple stood up against the government in 2015 on privacy issues, that prompted me to purchase an iPhone 6 and MacBook Pro. I loved how all devices share info such as calendar, browser bookmarks, etc. I had to turn off photo and video sharing as it was exceeding my monthly ISP data cap.

I also feel that Apple has abandoned the professional base and will keep my Mac Pro running as long as possible.

#2877696 - 09/07/17 12:32 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: fjzingo]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I think emotion and intellect serve purposes. Balance is the key. My emotions on Apple are fairly tepid. Without emotion on a topic, why be motivated to take the time to express it?
The Apple issues are gradually being exposed, articulated, and maybe even expanded on, all regardless of the degree of emotionality.

I appreciate all these details.. the latest being The real MC xknuckles and fjzingo

Comparative remarks are also helpful ( android Windows )

Essentially I started this thread to have an "in the near indeterminate future " exit strategy from either ios or mac or maybe not.

To say Apple sucks, is wholly incomplete.. we have to judge where we are heading
I am not over enthused about Windows either.

So openended discussion, that is minus the binary pissing contest we all are tired of from the past. Just as objective as possible when slamming Apple because the alternative may not be any better.

Edited by I-missRichardTee (09/07/17 12:37 PM)

#2877709 - 09/07/17 12:53 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
RABid Online   content
10k Club

I still use my MacBookPro for Reason and Live, but I have no desire to upgrade it to the less than desirable new offerings. Was considering a MacPro as my main DAW. I think that I realized that I was not Apple's target customer when they released the trash can. It had too many compromises to be the DAW I was looking for. Now I am very happy with my rack mount Windows DAW from Sweetwater.

#2877798 - 09/07/17 10:50 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: timwat]
fjzingo Offline
Platinum Member

Agree with you completely on getting emotional over things you don't have control over. OTOH this is Perhaps more "easy to say" management language used in change processes than to actually live by.

But this is about proper feedback and prediction over where technology goes.

The whitehaired guy makes this rant in a style similar to some poliliticians in media, which are not so unsuccessful. We are not supposed to discuss politics here, but we can of course make comparisons to styles of presentations and how they are accepted by the public.

I will continue to use all of my non-perfect equipment and give strong feedback what doesn't work-it's good for the company producing, if they listen -it's good for me as a customer. Look at for example how Clavia is meeting up the Nord Stage 3 feedback, Yamaha has quite a lot to learn from that. For example how you could crowd source beta testers among paying customers, without them knowing. It's not all bad.

Originally Posted By: timwat
I still use both Windows and Mac in my professional and personal life.

Neither are perfect, either with regard to hardware or software.

I used to be far more emotionally invested in this discussion, but am not anymore and so saw little benefit to anyone by commenting to this thread.

But my personal perspective: these are simply tools to accomplish tasks and jobs. It is a waste of my energy to get attached, emotionally drawn to, or somehow so vested in Apple, Microsoft or any number of large multinational corporations to somehow root for them, root against them, or feel betrayed by a revision in their products.

I have my priorities: Keep my stuff secure, safe, accessible. Make it as painless as reasonable to accomplish the things I need to get done, without investing an inordinate amount of time wrestling with the technology.

Getting my emotions in a twist about any of this is as productive as getting in a twist about my Phillips head screwdriver.

Just my 0.02.

Tim

Cantaloop
Soulfetch
Soulbox

#2877801 - 09/07/17 10:57 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: RABid]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I still use my MacBookPro for Reason and Live, but I have no desire to upgrade it to the less than desirable new offerings. Was considering a MacPro as my main DAW. I think that I realized that I was not Apple's target customer when they released the trash can. It had too many compromises to be the DAW I was looking for. Now I am very happy with my rack mount Windows DAW from Sweetwater.

Ok, you mention no desire to upgrade on MBP. My MBPro is at its limit, version wise- El Capitan. Knowing that, how far into future can I expect the 2009 MBP to go? I am not even using a DAW at all. Just mild music use, Amazing Slow, iTunes, storing music, lectures, occasional voice recordings of conversations with permission from teachers... downloading music from YT ... I real pro, Sibelius 7, time machine, no DAW. HD is only half a Terabyte SSD and 8 GIG RAM .

iPhone 6 same idea, gps, notes app, calendar synced to MBP, Shazam, recorder app, Dropbox,
Just give this light user a sense that if he IS staying with Apple.. how much time is left before version limitations make moving upward increasingly pressing?
OR how he might switch?

Edited by I-missRichardTee (09/07/17 10:58 PM)

#2878077 - 09/09/17 06:39 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: RABid]
BuckW Offline

Would you expound on the compromises?

#2878090 - 09/09/17 07:38 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
Markay Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Australia
My MBPro is at its limit, version wise- El Capitan. Knowing that, how far into future can I expect the 2009 MBP to go? ....
Just give this light user a sense that if he IS staying with Apple.. how much time is left before version limitations make moving upward increasingly pressing?
OR how he might switch?

You answered your own question - El Capitan. Your are already in legacy land.

Don't give Apple a hard time. If you had a 2009 Windows laptop there is a fair chance that you would have some components that do not have Win 10 drivers or will no longer supported for OS updates beyond the current 1703 update.

Simple solution, once High Sierra is released and the dust settles on its new file system optimised for SSD, buy a new MBP.

9 years is a pretty good useful life out of any computer. Or sit tight until a component fails or you need a software package that requires Sierra or later.

#2878436 - 09/11/17 01:16 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Markay]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I often forget all my gripes with Apple. Just today, my 3-4 year old iPad ( again the labeling of iPads is beyond stupid - so I do not know, or care to know the damned name Apple gave it )
I am charging my iPad, and it refuses to charge, blinking on and off and so on.
I have spent more money on an endless array of $30 cables for both iPhone and iPad. Constantly breaking or giving issues about, this cable may not be compatible BS, and the not charging issue. I DO buy the DAMN Apple over priced, flimsy cables... and still, too too soon get these hassles.
This BS gets me angry..

Edited by I-missRichardTee (09/11/17 01:17 PM)

#2878646 - 09/12/17 12:04 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
RABid Online   content
10k Club

I just watched the end of the Apple announcement. Iphone 8 AND iPhone X. The big news, wireless charging. My Lumina had that 10 years ago.

#2878648 - 09/12/17 12:26 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: RABid]
Joe BrokeIt Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
I just watched the end of the Apple announcement. Iphone 8 AND iPhone X. The big news, wireless charging. My Lumina had that 10 years ago.
The you missed the rest of it.
snax

#2878649 - 09/12/17 12:38 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Joe BrokeIt]
Devnor Offline

My trash can Mac Pro and Logic X are a formidable setup and I cannot imagine the "pros" not being able to get on with this system.

I have my fair share of Apple issues but the studio side has been a delight. 100% satisfied.

#2878676 - 09/12/17 02:48 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Devnor]
RABid Online   content
10k Club

My issue with the trash can is the lack of internal HD storage.

#2878759 - 09/12/17 07:44 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: RABid]
Jazz+ Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I like my iPhone 6, i got it as a refurb for $180. What's not to like?

#2878791 - 09/13/17 02:30 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: I-missRichardTee]
JFP Offline

Loc: Netherlands
We'll over here in Europe it's not so much complaining about the product(s) itself as ober the price. These prices here are flat-out ridiculous.

Just an example : the current iPhone 7 starts at $ 549 = 458 (but costs 639 in the Netherlands !!!!) = that is 180 more. Even when you would suggest that this $549 is without any tax in the US and add our delicious 21% sales tax to the price, the iPhone would have cost 554 and not 639.
Same goes for the new 8 and x and all other Apple products. If they sit on margins that are way way above what other tech companies make, than people get very annoyed. Apple appears as way to greedy (all for investors off course , customers are not important) and people simply get angry and walk away.
The iPhone, iPads and MacBooks in itself are fine products - although not revolutionary - and I love to work with them, but these prices are unsustainable . Of course Apple HQ has a deaf ear for that complaint, always has and always will have, living in their pathetic ivory tower, until they finally feel the results in a punishing way and are forced to turn; although we don't know yet if that will be too late.

Nothing in the new products is really revolutionary - facial recognition was there (what's wrong with touch ID - works like a charm and you don't have to look at your screen every-time you want to use it or do a payment ; its only there cause they couldn't integrate touch-ID in the screen), edge-to egde OLED was there, etc. Apple integrates all that very well with their own hardware and OS - so early bugs which are always there at the start - can be quickly tackled. Nothing groundbreaking , but modern, good , solid and safe products. As long as the price is right , and that ...is where it all goes wrong. Especially outside US. Apple fix the prices and shares AND sales will rise. Sit on your but and pretend the world outside doesn't exist or moves-on and you will feel the pain in the long run. I hope they will ever acknowledge that, but won't hold my breath...

Edited by JFP (09/13/17 02:33 AM)

#2878801 - 09/13/17 04:41 AM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Jazz+]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted By: Jazz+
I like my iPhone 6, i got it as a refurb for $180. What's not to like?

thu

#2878939 - 09/13/17 02:53 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Synthoid]
Geoff Grace Offline
10k Club

Those who are unhappy with how bloated iTunes has become may be see a ray of hope in the removal of some features in the new iTunes 12.7. The iOS App Store is gone, as are ringtones. iTunes U and Internet Radio have moved locations, and iTunes for Windows lost its ability to manage books in iOS. More here:

iTunes 12.7: How to cope with the abrupt changes

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

#2879009 - 09/13/17 08:32 PM Re: Your opinion on Apple critique [Re: Geoff Grace]
Joe BrokeIt Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
I just bought a 27" iMac today. This thing is amazing. Of course, my comparison is my last Mac, a 2009 MacBook Pro which I unfortunately screwed up by trying to fix something. [annoyed grunt]

Some stuff migrated via my iCloud account that I didn't expect, like rules in Mail. I didn't use Migration Assistant (because there's lots of stuff on my old Mac I no longer use and didn't want to carry over that cruft) yet I'm having an easier migration than I thought. I need to figure out how to connect the 21" monitor I have as a second monitor. It accepts a few different types of inputs so I need to figure out which one(s) will connect with Thunderbolt 3 via an adapter of course. I also need to get a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. The store was out of those.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner