Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Twins!

You are making me feel my age, Michael. For a while in back in the mid 1990's my gig rig was an O1W/Pro on the bottom and an O1W/FD on the top. Just realized that was almost 25 years ago. :facepalm:

But, hey, if this is your thing then good for you. :thu:

:nopity:

I picked up an iPad pro 10.5/256GB yesterday and celebrated by adding the new Korg iMono/Poly to my arsenal.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Dave Smith Rev2 8 voice... Figure I can add the extra 8 voices if I find I need them later. Kinda looking forward to working with the 8 voice limitation.
Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

A Fender American Professional Fretless Jazz Bass guitar. Not a keyboard, but it kicks butt. Still tickling the ivories, though.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

After a year of debate I finally ordered my RD2000. Was torn between it and the Forte but could not justify the $1500 price difference. Not with retirement coming at the end of the month. This may be my last keyboard for a loooooooonnnnggggg time.

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Viscount Legend Live and Roland FA-07 are both getting lots of hands on time right now.

Jeffinpghpa...could you give us an idea of how you find the keybed on the Roland FA-07? It's supposedly much-improved.

Could you get away with playing piano on it?

Marillo-

My 2 cents on the FA07 action - feels very much like a Kronos 61. That is, the best synthe-action board I've ever played - very expressive and a good amount of resistance. There are a few velocity curves in the global area, and a velocity offset parameter per patch. You should be able to hone in on a comfortable feel for you.

Yes, very playable for piano IMNSHO.

Professional musician = great source of poverty.

Not a purchase but a freebie:

http://www.muzines.co.uk/images_mag/articles/hsr/HSR_83_11_tascam_32_large.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I thought I'd find a manual online to read up on the calibration and cleaning procedures.

I'm never complaining about my DAW ever again. :freak:

Not a purchase but a freebie:

http://www.muzines.co.uk/images_mag/articles/hsr/HSR_83_11_tascam_32_large.jpg

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet, but I thought I'd find a manual online to read up on the calibration and cleaning procedures.

I'm never complaining about my DAW ever again. :freak:

I have one of those! Sweet sounding machine, and editing on tape is so much fun (I mean that unironically, I did many hours of tape collage stuff in college.) I got mine in trade for a DAT deck, I think in the long run I won out on that trade.

My latest purchases have all been Eurorack, just got a deal on 2 Malekko oscillators and a Malekko Vargate 8+ Voltage Block combo.The Varigate/Voltage Block combo is flat out amazing, perhaps the coolest modular sequencer I've played with. This is what my current Euro setup looks like:

modulargrid_376840.jpg

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I have one of those! Sweet sounding machine, and editing on tape is so much fun (I mean that unironically, I did many hours of tape collage stuff in college.) I got mine in trade for a DAT deck, I think in the long run I won out on that trade.

Oh cool, that's good to know! I was thinking of bouncing drums to it, maybe some of my 60s/70s style tracks. I hadn't thought about editing on it but it would be a cool skill to learn.

I bought a CME Xkey 25 used.

The previous owner had bought it in July for 117 euros and he sold to me 50 euros...

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Marillo-

My 2 cents on the FA07 action - feels very much like a Kronos 61. That is, the best synthe-action board I've ever played - very expressive and a good amount of resistance. There are a few velocity curves in the global area, and a velocity offset parameter per patch. You should be able to hone in on a comfortable feel for you.

Yes, very playable for piano IMNSHO.

I haven't played the FA07 yet but I do have a Kronos 61. I used to own a Jupiter 50 and the way you describe the action makes me think Roland used the Jupiter 50 keybed. It was pretty nice to the touch.. like the Kronos.

Jay

www.soundcloud.com/high-diving-act

www.yournewneighbors.com

www.mclovinmusic.com

Nord Stage 3 Compact, Korg Krome EX, Novation Summit, Roland RD88 & Edge, Spectrasonic Keyscape

• 1 month later...