Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2872535 - 08/12/17 09:54 AM Re: Keyboard to play in the street [Re: Polychrest]
pjd Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I'll have to give the Klipsch KMC3 a listen one of these days.

I've been trying for minimum weight, maximum portability with good sound. The JBL Charge 2 is only 1 pound (vs. 8 for the KMC3) and I can sling it into the outer pocket of a soft gig bag along with a small Rolls mixer. The whole rig (Triton Taktile plus Charge 2 plus mixer) is a light, one-hand carry.

One thing I would definitely steer clear of -- small guitar amps like the Fly. I tried the Fly 3 and in 10 seconds knew it wasn't for keys.

Low organ tones, french horn (!) and strings quickly reveal flaws when testing (at least for me).

All the best -- pj

P.S. The Charge 2 may not have enough umph depending on the street.

Edited by pjd (08/12/17 09:55 AM)

KC Island
#2872565 - 08/12/17 02:50 PM Re: Keyboard to play in the street [Re: Polychrest]
stillearning Offline

Originally Posted By: Polychrest

No problem at all. Ours is the one audience to which this pic speaks clearly. Love that the quality of Stihl saws became the issue, rather than that of Roland KC's. Tough crowd.

Another chainsaw maintenance tip for easy starting: always use clean fresh stabilized gas in the thing, preferably ethanol-free. Dump any gas that has sat in the saw unused for more than a month or two.

Good point. We buy pre-mixed two-stroke fuel from Sears Hardware. Comes in pre-mixed quart containers, ethanol-free. Not the cheapest way to go, but hassle free, and about the only thing I buy at Sears.

#2872569 - 08/12/17 03:43 PM Re: Keyboard to play in the street [Re: pjd]
AnotherScott Online   content
10k Club

Originally Posted By: pjd
I'll have to give the Klipsch KMC3 a listen one of these days.

I've been trying for minimum weight, maximum portability with good sound. The JBL Charge 2 is only 1 pound (vs. 8 for the KMC3) and I can sling it into the outer pocket of a soft gig bag along with a small Rolls mixer. The whole rig (Triton Taktile plus Charge 2 plus mixer) is a light, one-hand carry.

Yeah, different benefits there.

And getting back to the Klipsch I mentioned that I assumed the Street Cube EX would be better, albeit at significantly greater price and weight, but actually, that would be an interesting test... looking at the specs in more detail, I'd now be hesitant to even make that assumption.

#2872591 - 08/13/17 02:06 AM Re: Keyboard to play in the street [Re: AnotherScott]
amadeok Offline

Loc: Rome
I went with the psr-e363, i'm happy i did. Was cheap also.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Grave Bryce, Stephen Fortner