Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2872002 - 08/10/17 06:28 AM Waves Keys Bundle
ElmerJFudd Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: USA, greater NY area

Waves Pianos & Keys Bundle Ships

Virtual instrument suite of electric and acoustic keyboards 10/08/17

Waves Audio is now shipping the Waves Pianos & Keys Bundle,which they describe as a hand-picked suite of the electric and acoustic keys that have defined pop, rock, funk, soul and R&B, faithfully sampled and revived. Here's the story in Waves' own words...

The pianos and keys in this collection capture every articulation, hammer-hitting tone and string-striking mechanic of the highly-coveted originals. Whether you're a professional keyboard player, a songwriter or a producer playing in the studio or live on stage, you will enjoy the true feel, expression and rich dynamic response of these authentic instruments.

Waves Pianos & Keys Bundle includes five VST instruments:

Waves Grand Rhapsody Piano: Faithfully sampled from the Fazioli F228 grand piano at London's Metropolis Studios, using eight pairs of first-class condenser, dynamic & ribbon microphones.

Waves Electric 88 Piano: Captures all the soul and sweetness of two authentic, road-worn 88-key suitcase pianos; "Top of the class for Fender Rhodes VIs," remarks master keyboardist Jason Miles.

Waves Electric 200 Piano: Sampled from an original 200A-model electric piano to revive that classic, gritty, fat and majestic Wurly sound.

Waves Electric Grand 80 Piano: Delivering the era-defining polish and brilliant tones of the original hybrid electric-acoustic CP-80 model piano.

Waves Clavinet: Faithfully sampled from an original D6-model Clavinet made famous by Stevie Wonder, capturing every articulation of the original icon.

Launch sale is $145

If not the best collection out there, it's not the worst and maybe pretty competitive at the launch price?

KC Island
#2872066 - 08/10/17 10:09 AM Re: Waves Keys Bundle [Re: ElmerJFudd]
johnchop Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Georgia, US
Well, yeah, priced competitively compared to, say, Addictive Keys, but soundwise, it's got its own thing going on that may not work for some people. I got the 88 and 200 on the cheap, and they're ...ok?

#2872102 - 08/10/17 12:33 PM Re: Waves Keys Bundle [Re: johnchop]
count doerflera Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: thin ice
Originally Posted By: johnchop
I got the 88 and 200 on the cheap, and they're ...ok?

Agreed, John. I picked up both of them on Black Friday 2016 for $42.00 together. Good to have in the arsenal for that price, but I play them almost never.

#2884670 - 10/12/17 03:20 PM Re: Waves Keys Bundle [Re: count doerflera]
count doerflera Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: thin ice
Reverb.com demo of the Grand Rhapsody Waves Virtual Instrument for anyone who might be interested.

#2884692 - 10/12/17 06:53 PM Re: Waves Keys Bundle [Re: count doerflera]
Reezekeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: NYC area
This is a mono piano? That's what the Reverb.com demo is, at least on my browser. That sure doesn't help with the sales pitch!

#2884758 - 10/13/17 06:19 AM Re: Waves Keys Bundle [Re: Reezekeys]
johnchop Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Georgia, US
Sounds like they recorded the room?

Anyway, there's a downloadable demo with both standard and "high def" sample sets, so you can give it a spin.

It wasn't for me, but, you know... it's a world of choices.

Moderator:  Grave Bryce, Stephen Fortner