Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2871954 - 08/09/17 11:58 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Bobadeath]
MAJUSCULE Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
It's crazy to jog your memory like that. I'm not used to the whole "whatever happened to so-and-so" quite yet. I guess that's life, eh.

KC Island
#2871984 - 08/10/17 05:23 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: MAJUSCULE]
RichieP_MechE Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Adan
What about the young Canadian guy in the Floyd tribute band? (Does that narrow it down to about 5 people?) Was a time when he was in just about every thread.
DanS?

Originally Posted By: Bobadohshe
Kanker returns in a thread where I would have listed him first.
Ditto!

Others not mentioned:

Andre Lower

daBowsa

Trill

Dreamer

EdCoury

Cydonia

#2871992 - 08/10/17 05:46 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: RudyS]
mcgoo Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Indianapolis
Originally Posted By: RudyS
Cygnus64

He's alive and well and furiously fiddling away in Ohio. I used him in a TV commercial score a little over a month ago. He seriously rocks. Dunno why he doesn't hang here anymore.

#2871993 - 08/10/17 05:51 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Too busy with that furious fiddle. puff

#2871995 - 08/10/17 05:56 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: RichieP_MechE]
Dr88s Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Originally Posted By: RichieP_MechE
What about the young Canadian guy in the Floyd tribute band? (Does that narrow it down to about 5 people?) Was a time when he was in just about every thread.
DanS?

I'm friends with Dan on Facebook. All seems well with him.

Edited by Dr88s (08/10/17 05:57 AM)

#2871999 - 08/10/17 06:21 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Dr88s]
Phoney R Wakeman Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Discovery Bay, California
Kim Kardashian

#2872004 - 08/10/17 06:39 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: RichieP_MechE]
DanS Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Montréal
DanS?

Kanker returns in a thread where I would have listed him first.
Ditto!

Others not mentioned:

Andre Lower

daBowsa

Trill

Dreamer

EdCoury

Cydonia

That would be Ian BenHamou I believe...

MOXF8, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Steckos-Blunt-Instruments/556480307717684

#2872006 - 08/10/17 06:40 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Dr88s]
DanS Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Montréal
Originally Posted By: Dr88s
DanS?

I'm friends with Dan on Facebook. All seems well with him.

Yes indeed all is well. Damn, 17 years I've been on this forum.
Guess I should bump up my count.

MOXF8, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Daniel-Steckos-Blunt-Instruments/556480307717684

#2872011 - 08/10/17 07:17 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: DanS]
Grave Bryce Administrator Offline
KCFFL Champ '14, '16
10k Club

Loc: Thousand Oaks,CA,UNITED STATES
Originally Posted By: DanS
Damn, 17 years I've been on this forum.

You definitely count as OFG (Original Forum Gangsta). cool

dB

rockit ==> ReverbNationSoundCloud <==rawk

Professional affiliations: Amphion Loudspeakers • Cloud Microphones • Crumar/GSi • elysia GmbH • Reverb Foundry • Roswell Pro Audio...and Electronic Musician

#2872016 - 08/10/17 07:35 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Pa Gherkin]
Outkaster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Rochester, NY
Originally Posted By: Pa Gherkin
Been meaning to ask where SpaceNorman was. He was an older gentleman so I hope he is still with us. Seemed like a good guy.

He's on Harmony-Central on Backstage on The Band Forum. He still post's there. He never even posts about gear at all even on the synth forum there.

noblevibes.com

#2872045 - 08/10/17 09:10 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Pa Gherkin]
keyguy Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted By: Pa Gherkin
Been meaning to ask where SpaceNorman was. He was an older gentleman so I hope he is still with us. Seemed like a good guy.

I corresponded with him about a year ago. He was retired and traveling in his motorhome. His CP300 was on board...

www.pureplatinumband.com

#2872093 - 08/10/17 12:11 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: keyguy]
Lin-Scare-You Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Idaho
So much has happened, so DocTor88, thanks for bringing me back because life had grabbed ahold and tornadoed me to other places.

Some important anniversaries . . . July 19th I had my second anniversary here and July 29th was the anniversary of Billy Ricci's passing.

Now on to more stuff.

Dawson stopped doing the comedy thing with me. I told him I would keep going as much as I could on my own, so have been making videos of some of the things as well as having made videos entirely new using some of the characters I have control over.

Partnered up with some other people for Spreaker radio stuff and was doing that. Had to basically delete where I had my web site and am in the process of making new ones now as we speak.

Starting in May and even now, dealing with in-laws poor health issues and their needing to move 150 miles from where they were, the sale of the property up near us and getting them in multiple trips to their new place. Still hauling stuff the old owners of the new place just left there that is basically junk appliances and stuff.

The new video site I am a part of takes up quite a bit of time as it is an ongoing development with upgrades and beta testing of those upgrades, plus collaboration on style changes and what not.

In that time I have also made 65 videos for the site since the beginning of June.

There is the occasional evening (actually around 11:00 p.m. to midnight), where I take the cover off of my MicroKORG and play those mini keys!

I have not written any new music of late but hoping to again soon. No new music purchases.

Sorry to have vanished but I am still here and would love to have a cyber coffee or cyber cheers with you all soon!

Will try not to be so delinquent!

smile

#2872097 - 08/10/17 12:18 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Lin-Scare-You]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Lindaru
So much has happened, so DocTor88, thanks for bringing me back

Hey, wait a minute... it was me. wave

#2872099 - 08/10/17 12:30 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Outkaster]
Bone Muskeleton Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Originally Posted By: Outkaster

I talked to Wayne in 2012 as he had a good handle on the music scene there. We exchanged numbers because I knew I would be in Boston. I had a feeling he had been through a lot.I was in Boston competing in Judo in 2012 and 2013 but we could never hook up, we couldn't make it happen for some reason. Plus I was with my family. He was a cool guy as I remember and we were talking a bout gear, music and backline stuff there in Boston. He just dissapeared??
I saw him when we went to Boston in 2013, right after the Marathon Bombing crap. I talked to him a few times after that but it got harder and harder to get a hold of him. Lots of times, he'd kind of end the call with a 'I don't want to bother you with my problems' sort of thing. Once in a while I try to email or call him, but I never hear anything.

The shame is, I spoke to his sister once, but I never got her real name nor his brother's (aka Freddo) otherwise I'd contact one of them and see how Wayne was doing.

#2872100 - 08/10/17 12:31 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Lin-Scare-You Offline
Platinum Member

I checked into Facebook (have not made it to E-Mail) where DocTor88 messaged me, so thank you, too! Not sure if we are connected on Facebook?

Will go check E-Mail.

smile

#2872118 - 08/10/17 01:37 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Ah... didn't know you had been officially summoned. I'm just the one that started this thread and mentioned your absence.

#2872229 - 08/11/17 12:09 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Lin-Scare-You Offline
Platinum Member

Glad you did because it got me back here.

A life preserver if you will.

smile

#2872235 - 08/11/17 02:12 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Lin-Scare-You]
Cower, Boy! NQ Offline
Gold Member

Loc: Adelaide, Australia

For what it's worth, me too. Well done Synthoid et al, and welcome back Linda.

#2872246 - 08/11/17 04:14 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Lin-Scare-You]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

A life preserver if you will.

Hope you are doing OK. smile

We will have a "Welcome Back" party for all those returning. dB will be supplying the food.

#2872267 - 08/11/17 05:49 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Bone Muskeleton Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

And Tom's bringing the beer! cheers

#2872270 - 08/11/17 05:53 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Bone Muskeleton]
Outkaster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

I personally don't like Facebook for this kind of thing because I don't log on there everyday. This format is so much easier.

noblevibes.com

#2872271 - 08/11/17 05:58 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Originally Posted By: Joe Muscara
And Tom's bringing the beer! cheers

#2872462 - 08/11/17 10:46 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Lin-Scare-You Offline
Platinum Member

Happy reunion party!

As for the music . . . I think we all have that covered, right?

wink

I am doing well, just life and work have taken me in directions I never would have guessed.

cheers thu

#2872481 - 08/12/17 05:10 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthoid]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

cheers

#2872558 - 08/12/17 02:18 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Bone Muskeleton]
DicemLabs.com Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Orlando, Florida

The shame is, I spoke to his sister once, but I never got her real name

I'd think you'd be used to women giving you fake names by now. poke grin wave

#2872606 - 08/13/17 05:58 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: DicemLabs.com]
Bone Muskeleton Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Originally Posted By: DulceLabs.com

The shame is, I spoke to his sister once, but I never got her real name

I'd think you'd be used to women giving you fake names by now. poke grin wave
HeadPop

Nice catch.

#2872608 - 08/13/17 06:33 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Dr88s]
Husker Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: Dr88s
Husker, Tusker, AND Fusker.

Hey, I'm here...

So Alive

#2872692 - 08/13/17 04:09 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Bobadeath]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
FWIW, this forum is still pretty active compared to the bass forum, on which I think I am one of less than ten remaining (yet infrequent) posters. A lot of people never came back to that one after the forum "disappearing act" last year -- whereas the guitar player forum is actually becoming more active of late, and this keyboard forum seems to have been attracting a lot of new people the past two years.

I wasn't on forums yet when this one started, so didn't have the awareness that some of the mentioned people were essentially co-founders (like DanS) -- even though it's easy to spot this info if one bothers to look. Good to hear updates on all those people. Many of us are not here for social reasons and so don't participate much (and are too busy producing anyway, but I'm not referring to myself as "vanished"), but it's always good to see someone return after an absence.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (08/13/17 04:34 PM)

#2872697 - 08/13/17 04:34 PM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Bobadeath]
Synthaholic Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Where the wild things are
Jim Alfredson is also much more rarely seen around these parts.

I just happened to catch his live simulcast on facebook the other day. So good. Really nice versions of 'Golden Lady' and 'Could It Be I'm Falling In Love'. This link should work:

https://www.facebook.com/jim.alfredson.3/videos/10211997695475144/

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

#2872807 - 08/14/17 06:56 AM Re: OT: Forum members that have vanished [Re: Synthaholic]
Outkaster Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

What's interesting is this forum is actually very much alive when message boards have seemed to go out of style.

noblevibes.com

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Grave Bryce, Stephen Fortner