Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2867450 - 07/17/17 11:27 AM OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis
J. Dan Offline
10k Club

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Collapsing X-Stands are the least of your concerns if you put your studio upstairs.

Car Lands on Roof of House

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

KC Island
#2867463 - 07/17/17 12:01 PM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: J. Dan]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
"Authorities are still investigating how the car managed to get into the roof of the home."

#2867472 - 07/17/17 12:24 PM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: Synthoid]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
"The car was going pretty fast, maybe 80-90 mph," said Davis.

I love quotes like this. Most people can't judge how fast a vehicle is going to save their lives.

(I also love it when a reporter talks about someone injured or dying in an accident and says, "speed was a factor." Duh. You can get killed going 20 MPH.)

#2867477 - 07/17/17 12:36 PM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: Joe Muscara]
J. Dan Offline
10k Club

If you look at the overhead video footage at the end, you can see the big scrape in the hill where the vehicle hit and went airborne. Still pretty impressive to catch that kind of air.

Gotta wonder what was going on with the guy though to be going that fast through a neighborhood on a Sunday afternoon and not even let up off the gas when he got to the end of the block.

Edited by J. Dan (07/17/17 12:36 PM)

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

#2867480 - 07/17/17 12:44 PM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: J. Dan]
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted By: J. Dan
Gotta wonder what was going on with the guy though to be going that fast

It's those damn squirrels again...

#2867530 - 07/17/17 05:33 PM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: Synthoid]
J. Dan Offline
10k Club

Hasn't been on the news, but somebody just posted this on FB:

Quote:
The man had a blood sugar emergency that caused him to go unconscious, he stopped breathing on the way to the hospital which put him in CRITICAL CONDITION and had to have his legs removed due to diabetes

#2867582 - 07/18/17 06:05 AM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: J. Dan]
Joe Muscara Offline
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Bummer, I have a good friend whose 20 or 30-something son died because he didn't manage his blood sugar properly, drove off the highway, and slammed into a concrete wall. All the more sad because my friend had moved back to the Dallas area to be near his kids after years away because of divorce and was actually living at his son's house.

#2867957 - 07/19/17 11:45 PM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: Joe Muscara]
RudyS Online   content
Platinum Member

Loc: Groningen, The netherlands
Wow.

Stuff: Nord Electro 3, Casio PX5s, DSI Mopho keys, Nord Lead A1, Korg N5, Korg Poly 61, QSC K10 and a Shure SM58.

#2867964 - 07/20/17 01:49 AM Re: OT: meanwhile, in St. Louis [Re: RudyS]
I-missRichardTee Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: S. Ca. USA
Speaking of a car in an unheard of place. To this day I cannot reconcile to myself how this car I saw on my way to work ended up where it did.

On a winter night in Cliffside New Jersey on my way to gig
I was driving down a fairly steep hill called Gorge Road. It connected the lower road called River Road ( which was a sea level by Hudson River ) with palisade avenue which was at the top of a short mountain or cliff.
Anyway it is a steep descent
near the bottom of the hill I saw a car I simply cannot explain how his rear tires wheels were hanging from between two telephone poles . Those poles were tall back then> next to a mountain side!!
You see on the sides of this road are cliff like terrain
you are driving down a mountain there is no where a car or even a truck can drive.
Now 400 feet above is top of this mountain - but the descent is all steep underbrush, uninhabitable area

unless he was flying... he was either driving up this hill or down it... but how does a 2 ton GM car get his rear that high in the air.. it blew my mind and still does.

Edited by I-missRichardTee (07/20/17 01:50 AM)

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner