Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

here's my setup at home. with the band I just bring the Jupiter 50. Also pictured are Triton Extreme, Vermona Lancet, MoPho, Ultranova, Tx81z

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/Triton76/synths_zpsimyh74yx.jpg

At church I play electric guitar

Jupiter 50; Triton Extreme; Ultranova

any of you using a S70Xs Yamaha?
any of you using a S70Xs Yamaha?

I am using one in my live rig for awhile now. Maybe 5 or 6 years of a 100 gigs a year. Really like it although the action in the lower octives is getting very sluggish. Thinking about replacing it with either a stage 2 ex or Kronos. Haven't decided yet.

Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Some additions...

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/husker3737/Forum%20Pics/2017-04-25%2016.31.22_zps3opnygy2.jpg

Sweet setup, but that desk is FAR too clean!

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Some additions...

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/husker3737/Forum%20Pics/2017-04-25%2016.31.22_zps3opnygy2.jpg

Yeah, I'm kind of a neat freak. It's a problem....

Some additions...

Yeah, I'm kind of a neat freak. It's a problem....

Are those rack mounted speakers?

Some additions...

Are those rack mounted speakers?

No, velcro. I need to so something with them - the one on the right doesn't fit correctly now as I've moved the Moog from the center to the right.

• 2 months later...

From a show the other night -

http://i65.tinypic.com/33kx7qe.jpg

Franken CV, VR-09, CP4.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Well me and my 61 key Yamaha PSRF50 feel damn inadequate inhabiting this place now.
I wouldn't. We all started at the beginning. :)

Cheers. I must have spent quite a long time admiring those pics in this thread though :). Amazing how many keyboards you can apparently fit into one room :laugh: This may seem like a basic question but as one of those numpties whose decided to go it alone I'm going to ask anyway; presumably the idea with having two keyboards on your live rigs is being able to play one synth sound on the bottom an one sound on the top? Can you not do this by splitting a single keyboard (as presumably at most your going to play a chord and a melody or two chords at once due to only having two hands - unless your auto-cycling two different chords, but isn't that a bad idea?), or is there another reason?

A lot of the time it's the function and physicality of the instruments that differ. Ie, an organ clone feels different to play than a weighted stage piano, so people put an organ keyboard above a stage piano and the two are meant to do different things. Same can be said for synthesiser keyboard feel vs organ vs piano vs Rhodes vs Wurlitzer vs clavinet... Get too into it and you end up like some of us with all sorts of fun toys. When I joined the forum, I had stage piano. Now look at my sig... I'm probably one of the more conservative here as well!
Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

I CAN get by using a single keyboard, and setting up splits. My problem is that, when I get to playing, not keeping mind on just where the split is located - I make a run, and the last part winds up with the wrong sound.

Also, two different boards means I can have a weighted action on one for piano, and synth action on the other for synth/organ/other places where it works best.

My minimum rig is a 49 key MIDI controller into an iPad into amplification. Beauty is that I can setup or tear down in a minute or two. If I'm going to carry a bunch of stuff, might as well carry two boards. Besides, if one board decides to not work, I've still got the other right on hand.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Some updates. Primarily the Viscount Legend. Getting the 1122 connector to get the Leslie up and running with it, looking forward to that coming in! Kronos packed away hoping someone buys it. Electro 4 HP in gig bag to chuck in the car at a moments notice.

http://i64.tinypic.com/vdn8dt.jpg

Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

Jeez, serious pic link rot on this thread. That's too bad.

Anyway, thought I'd post pics of one of my rigs.

IMG_1331.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

Details? This is in my new music house, notice the acoustic foam everywhere, works like a charm :)

Was seduced by the new Stay keyboard stand (in metallic red, no less!) which blends well with the Nords that I play in this situation (Piano 2, Electro 4d).

The monitors are a pair of RCF TT08-a units, focused on my skull. The most frequent request from the other musos? "TURN UP". OK, fine, yes I can do that if you insist :)

Gotta work on the messy cable thing, but that's easy.

The music house thing is working out quite well. We show up, we play, we go home.

Almost like rehearsing in a recording studio, the acoustics are that good. I record every rehearsal, and then send my bandmates weblinks to how we sounded within hours.

As a result, we're getting better very quickly :)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...