Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2864046 - 07/02/17 10:37 AM semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July !
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
W/ all due respect to any Quebecois, let's give a hearty cheerio the neighbors who reside simultaneously to the N & SE of some of us on their 150th Solar Year !
wave

Similarwhat, down here, in what most of the world now calls the UFOSA, we're abt to engage in our annual sacrificial burning of bland sausages & soypatties.
eek

How might you, dear reader, be spending this holidazed weekend ?

Me ?
Oh, I'm putting final touches on the Uncle Scam costumes we'll be using to advertise my current client for the next few daisies.

GP Island
#2864059 - 07/02/17 12:37 PM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: d]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Happy 4th of July weekend to all! I'll be celebrating this afternoon at my son's house, at his birthday party BBQ! He was born on the 4th, should be fun!

And, a Happy whatever you call it up there in Quebec too! cool

#2864089 - 07/02/17 04:03 PM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Lincoln Park, MI, UNITED STATE...
I'm NOT able to go anywhere and do much of anything except, as mentioned elsewhere, sit indoors and listen to the "war zone" noise going on up and down my street, but I DO hope all the rest of you a good and safe time during the 4th celebrations,and Canada too, a joyous celebration of THEIR big event, I mean, after giving us RUSH, JONI MITCHELL, NEIL YOUNG, JOHN CANDY, DAN ACKROYD(65 ystdy), MARTIN SHORT and most of the SCTV crew, plus RAYMOND BURR and CAPTAIN KIRK among many more, how CAN we NOT wish them the best? smile

And +1 on the "house fires" concern LARRY. I hear a LOT of fireworks debris landing on my AWNING each night and have the same worry!
Whitefang

#2864205 - 07/03/17 09:43 AM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: whitefang]
Caevan O'Shite Offline
20k Club

Loc: The Great Spirit's Handprint o...
O' Canadia... !

________

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~
_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

#2864209 - 07/03/17 09:58 AM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: Caevan O'Shite]
Scott Fraser Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Los Angeles
I will be un-celebrating by spending the 4th flying from LA to Ottawa with a very long layover in Toronto. Looking forward to spending time, albeit brief, in a grownup country.

#2864215 - 07/03/17 10:56 AM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: whitefang]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: whitefang
And +1 on the "house fires" concern LARRY. I hear a LOT of fireworks debris landing on my AWNING each night and have the same worry!
Whitefang

Fang, I think I said that on the other forum but it still works here too! Maybe you could hook up a water hose and sit outside while those bottle rockets are whizzing by LOL! cool

Edited by Larryz (07/03/17 09:26 PM)

#2864293 - 07/03/17 07:57 PM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

JUST as soon as I find a FLAK JACKET somewhere! grin
Whitefang

#2864321 - 07/04/17 06:25 AM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: whitefang]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
I'm outing myself here, but WTH?

Since today is the 40th anniversary of my first Fourth of July Smoke-In, I'll be back at Lafayette Park at High Noon, with a bunch of old friends, compatriots, upstarts and agitators. It's an odd D.C. spectacle, every year, especially when we march out of Lafayette Park and join the tail end of the official July Fourth Parade. Some of the tourists really wonder just what's going on, and who are all those weird people?

I have seen some truly weird shit, taken part in some hilarious & outrageous moments, and heard some great bands over the years. I've even served as Event Staff. It's been . . . interesting, to say the least.

Today, I'm just going to see some old friends, remember some friends who can't be there with us, and visit some familiar places. Seems appropriate, somehow. Happy Fourth of July to all my American friends, and all the best to all the rest!

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/regrets-only

#2864355 - 07/04/17 09:50 AM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: Winston Psmith]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY AMERICA! HeadPop cheers PianoBanana twothumbs wave

#2864469 - 07/05/17 03:45 AM Re: semi-load O OT/ Canada Day & Bring Forth July ! [Re: Larryz]
whitefang Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Anyone who's familiar with my situation knows I didn't go anywhere or do anything. But one of my sisters in law was decent enough to drop by with a plate of what was grillin' at another sister in law's place yesterday. And just in time too. I was minutes away rom heating up a can of beef stew.

As I'm posting this on the 5th, I'm extending my hopes, since y'all are pickers, that you came out of the 4th with ALL your FINGERS intact! wink
Whitefang

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose