Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#2927398 - 05/16/18 05:24 PM Re: Official NBA 2017-2018 Thread [Re: Dave Bryce]
Geoff Grace Offline
10k Club

Originally Posted By: Dave Bryce
The D especially.

Agreed. They're like a swarm of angry bees.

Best,

Geoff

Enthusiasm powers the world.

Craig Anderton's Archiving Article

KC Island
#2927526 - 05/17/18 11:21 AM Re: Official NBA 2017-2018 Thread [Re: Geoff Grace]
Joe Muscara Online   content
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! The Rockets are supposed to look like *that.* Even if they lost playing like that, then that's (mostly) fine. Sometimes shootouts go until there's one left standing.

Hopefully Curry and CP3 are fine and the series will be two healthy teams.

#2927674 - 05/18/18 08:10 AM Re: Official NBA 2017-2018 Thread [Re: timwat]
kpl1228 Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Originally Posted By: timwat
And even here, LBJ doesn't look like he'll be able to carry the Cavs all the way to the Finals, much less to hoisting the trophy. And quite frankly, this is a prison of his own making and the natural end and conclusion to what the Lebron as offense, coach and focal point of the universe inevitably points to.

+1. He truly is the de facto GM. As big as Jordan got, and as much as the ego clashed with the coach (Collins), LeBron has taken it to a whole new level of manipulation and control to make the star happy.
As much as I respect his talent and love the Cavs, it'll probably be best to just let him go. It's just become an abusive relationship at this point.
One of the few things that turn me into a grouchy old man is the current NBA. Traveling, loss of the game in the paint and the loss of the power of the big man, superteams, whining, the lust for the three-pointer... it just keeps getting more annoying.
(Go Browns)

Edited by kpl1228 (05/18/18 08:10 AM)

#2927933 - Yesterday at 01:03 PM Re: Official NBA 2017-2018 Thread [Re: kpl1228]
Joe Muscara Online   content
Triple Secret Banninated
10k Club

Loc: Heaven, Hell, or Houston
Originally Posted By: kpl1228
loss of the game in the paint and the loss of the power of the big man,
A friend of mine and I were discussing the future of the NFL and we wondered how many big kids who would have ended up in football might end up in the NBA and soccer. If parents say no to football, the other sports may find that as an opportunity. idk

In other news, The Warriors And Rockets Have Reinvented Modern NBA Defense. Yes, Defense.

#2928041 - Today at 03:56 AM Re: Official NBA 2017-2018 Thread [Re: kpl1228]
RABid Online   content
10k Club

Originally Posted By: kpl1228
Originally Posted By: timwat
And even here, LBJ doesn't look like he'll be able to carry the Cavs all the way to the Finals, much less to hoisting the trophy. And quite frankly, this is a prison of his own making and the natural end and conclusion to what the Lebron as offense, coach and focal point of the universe inevitably points to.

+1. He truly is the de facto GM. As big as Jordan got, and as much as the ego clashed with the coach (Collins), LeBron has taken it to a whole new level of manipulation and control to make the star happy.
As much as I respect his talent and love the Cavs, it'll probably be best to just let him go. It's just become an abusive relationship at this point.
One of the few things that turn me into a grouchy old man is the current NBA. Traveling, loss of the game in the paint and the loss of the power of the big man, superteams, whining, the lust for the three-pointer... it just keeps getting more annoying.
(Go Browns)

I don't understand the opinions of the ESPN talk show crew. They all talk about how Lebron makes all the personnel decisions. And they all talk about how bad a job management has done putting talent around Lebron. He has been his own worst enemy. He made all the decisions that left Cleveland with no good players and nothing to trade.

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner