Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

i kind of went on a gear binge in the last 3 weeks, I got a Yamaha MG06 mixer, a Kurzweil case that fitted my M3-76 quite nicely and to top it all off, i managed to score a NOS Kurzweil PC361 for $500. next week im going to order some parts too, minor things but this week i just realized that all of my keyboards need some TLC

Just got a dbx go-Rack, a slimmed down version of DriveRack, for $39 new, through the Proaudiostar app special. I'm anxious to try it with my Spacestation. It comes with simplified compression, EQ, feedback eliminator, and sub synth.

http://www.proaudiostar.com/dbx-go-rack.html

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Crumar Mojo 61. I take it out on a gig for the first time tomorrow night!! Can't wait to give it a good work out.

That's so cool. Good luck with it! I wish my work involved more organ playing. I miss it.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Something quite different for me, a Novation Launchpad Pro. Just getting into Ableton Live and the Launchpad gives it another dimension. EDM music at nearly 60 years old? Why not...
So many drummers, so little time.

I picked up a pair of EV ELX112P speakers with covers about a month ago. Enjoying the better bottom end than the Eon 610's I had before this. They are heavier but actually make my loading easier as they are not rounded off and things can stack on them on the hand cart and in the van.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Just got a dbx go-Rack, a slimmed down version of DriveRack, for $39 new, through the Proaudiostar app special. I'm anxious to try it with my Spacestation. It comes with simplified compression, EQ, feedback eliminator, and sub synth.

I use mine to squelch feedback on vocal monitors. Works pretty well.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Must be GAS day for me. Just pulled the trigger on a pair of the new QSC K8.2 self-powered PA units. Not many sellers wanted to offer a discount, but a few were. Should be here in a few days, I'll post a review if anyone is interested.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I only have feedback problems when I hand my mic to someone to make an announcement, so I'm looking forward to it helping in that department.

Have you used it to shape the Spacestation more to your liking? I'm thinking that one of those EQ settings, or maybe the subsynth, will help with the "bottom end" of the Spacestation.

I should have paid closer attention to the connectors, though. Since it doesn't have the combo XLR jacks for output I'm going to have to construct two XLR (female) to 1/4" jack (female) conversion cables in order to use it with my Spacestation.

Found a single owned Triton extreme 76 south of me. They've become too far and too few so I had to get it.

To save on shipping we met half way so I took a 65 mile drive to pick it up. He gave me $100 off for not

having to deal with packing. haven't hooked it up or played it yet, but it looks pristine, little to no blemishes

and the end blocks look well intact. Also bought a shock case for my instrument PC, only $139 for an

ECS 7506 that costs around $1500 new.

Triton Extreme 76, Kawai ES3, GEM-RPX, HX3/Drawbar control, MSI Z97

MPower/4790K, Lynx Aurora 8/MADI/AES16e, OP-X PRO, Ptec, Komplete.

Ashley MX-206. future MOTU M64 RME Digiface Dante for Mon./net

I only have feedback problems when I hand my mic to someone to make an announcement, so I'm looking forward to it helping in that department.

Have you used it to shape the Spacestation more to your liking? I'm thinking that one of those EQ settings, or maybe the subsynth, will help with the "bottom end" of the Spacestation.

I should have paid closer attention to the connectors, though. Since it doesn't have the combo XLR jacks for output I'm going to have to construct two XLR (female) to 1/4" jack (female) conversion cables in order to use it with my Spacestation.

No, I haven't tried the goRack with the Spacestation for EQ shaping, mostly because I do all of my EQ-ing from my Nords. It's sufficient for most situations.

Keep in mind that the EQ curves are presets, no adjustment possible. Maybe you'll get lucky. Even with a bunch of bass EQ, an 8" speaker is still an 8" speaker :)

If you need a special cable, Sweetwater has a nice selection if you don't want the bother. I have a short pair of XLR females to 1/4" for feeding from my sub.

Found a single owned Triton extreme 76 south of me. They've become too far and too few so I had to get it.

To save on shipping we met half way so I took a 65 mile drive to pick it up. He gave me $100 off for not

having to deal with packing. haven't hooked it up or played it yet, but it looks pristine, little to no blemishes

and the end blocks look well intact. Also bought a shock case for my instrument PC, only $139 for an

Congratulations, its very hard to find one with good en blocks, mine cracked within the first month

Just received a pair of Alto TS212's. For the money, they really sound good to my ears. My boards (especially my Motif XS6) sound crystal clear through these.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Congratulations, its very hard to find one with good en blocks, mine cracked within the first month
I'm thinking it might come from sitting them on the end block when leaning them against anything like a wall.

The seller said he thinks it comes form dryness.

No, I haven't tried the goRack with the Spacestation for EQ shaping, mostly because I do all of my EQ-ing from my Nords. It's sufficient for most situations.

Keep in mind that the EQ curves are presets, no adjustment possible. Maybe you'll get lucky. Even with a bunch of bass EQ, an 8" speaker is still an 8" speaker :)

If you need a special cable, Sweetwater has a nice selection if you don't want the bother. I have a short pair of XLR females to 1/4" for feeding from my sub.

Yeah, I may end up just using it for my voice. I mainly grabbed it because it was $40, and my TC Electronics VoiceLive Touch 2 doesn't have compression or anti-feedback, which the goRack does.

I'm thinking it might come from sitting them on the end block when leaning them against anything like a wall.

No, its pretty much a design flaw, the design is very flimsy with no extra support or bracing, and the plastic is too thin and brittle, avoid putting it on its sides and if you feel comfortable with it reinforce the inner stress points with some epoxy or hot glue.

If you dont mind me asking how much did you got it for? mine completely died on me about a month ago after 13 years of hard work (not a single board is salvageable) along with 72 MB of Ram And the MOSS board so im looking for the most beat up worn down cosmetically TEX that i can get that works, so im wondering whats the ballpark

Secondhand Nord Electro 4HP. Needed a lightweight gigging board for CBD gigs. Took my Rhodes/amp/stool on a cart on the train couple of weeks ago. Would rather not.
Viscount Legend, Leslie 142, Nord Stage 3 HA88, Rhodes MK1 1977, Moog Sub 37, Dave Smith Rev2, Juno 106, DX7

No, its pretty much a design flaw, the design is very flimsy with no extra support or bracing, and the plastic is too thin and brittle, avoid putting it on its sides and if you feel comfortable with it reinforce the inner stress points with some epoxy or hot glue.

If you dont mind me asking how much did you got it for? mine completely died on me about a month ago after 13 years of hard work (not a single board is salvageable) along with 72 MB of Ram And the MOSS board so im looking for the most beat up worn down cosmetically TEX that i can get that works, so im wondering whats the ballpark

It ended up being $1200, he was selling the MOSS board for it as well, but since I'm running VI's,

I didn't go for it. Maybe reinforce the end blocks with some fiber and resin or just class it up with

a couple of wood blocks. Take some design and mill work though, seller said component or PCB is

attached, so would have to fit in something to make it work

• 3 weeks later...

New GHV (Gear Hauling Vehicle) - 2017 GMC Acadia

http://i.imgur.com/t0lElnN.jpg

Packed up for the gig:

http://i.imgur.com/H9QKnXh.jpg

Celebrating my retirement from my day job - i figure it's the last time i'll be able to afford a new car, so hoping this will get me through the rest of my gigging career.

(??? why does imgur insist on rotating images ?)

I recently noticed that the only thing I am using my MX-8 for is to merge two controller keyboards to go into a PC-3. So I bought this puppy.

The mio can serve as a thru, merge, filter, channelizer, and dual simultaneous computer interface. Since I really just wanted a merge appliance, it's nice that you can configure it once with the computer, and then it just remembers its setup, no computer necessary. It took perhaps three minutes to set it up.

Sorry for the wide pair of pictures. In real life, the unit is tiny. And it costs less than anything else I could find.

http://media.guitarcenter.com/is/image/MMGS7/mio2-2x2-MIDI-Interface/J41646000000000-00-500x500.jpg

http://images.junostatic.com/full/IS624868-01-06-BIG.jpg

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Got to get off my four-board gig rig dependence since I'm also hauling the PA, now. I love my current live sound though; especially the perfectly tweaked Kawai tone. But I don't practice on weighted keys and I'm struggling to hit those ultra-fast piano solos like I used to (see how easy it is to rationalize the G.A.S. with self-degradation?), so I'm on the waiting list for Studiologic's Numa Compact 2. Hoping to to consolidate the rig to just the Numa, VR09, and Lucina (only because the regular crowd now expects the keytar solo on a few tunes). I think the toughest thing to cover with with the smaller rig is that awesome bari-sax based horn section on the Fantom. Does anyone know if Roland's iOS Sound Canvas has fat hornz like that? Gonna nose around in iM1, too.

• 1 month later...