Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2858871 - 06/02/17 10:23 AM GP's 50th Anniversary 1967-2017
Editor Boy Moderator Offline

Loc: San Mateo,CA,UNITED STATES
Hi all...

You've (hopefully) been seeing all of the "GP50" content in the magazine. Is there anything else we should be doing to celebrate this big birthday?

What are your ideas, desires, and strategies?

Let me know...

Have great weekends all,
Mike

#2860028 - 06/08/17 07:31 AM Re: GP's 50th Anniversary 1967-2017 [Re: Editor Boy]
d Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: no longer lexington, Kenfunky,...
I don't keep up w/ all the various content sources (FBook, Twitter, or even the online GP content here, outside the forums) as much as I might.
There are several reasons for that but time's a major consideration...
...nor do I manage to get every print copy.

[SIDE BAR: why's GPlayer get such weaker distribution than New Bay's other GTR mag, Gtr World ?]

However, as things go forward, I think GP & readers could both benefit from strategies that re-present older content such as...
-historically worthwhile interviews (Hendrix from '67 or '68, Zappa, etc);
-soundpage material (when those become timely);
-collections of columns / lessons, etc....

GPlayer was the original musicians mag (discounting England's Bet Instrumental, which really wasn't the same thing)
& has always dealt w/ a wider variety of genres, styles than any of those that followed.
Plus, as what can only be considered a gift to readers, remains the lowest priced at news stands !

What ever you gots to do to keep it available, MM, is what's what !

#2860176 - 06/08/17 09:13 PM Re: GP's 50th Anniversary 1967-2017 [Re: d]
Larryz Offline
10k Club

Loc: Northern California
Hey Editor Boy (see my comments on that thread!)...I hope you will consider my comments with regard to using YouTube to post audio and video lessons congruent with the GP50 and all following future editions of GP! Many great lesson teachers use YouTube to attract viewers to subscribe to their lesson programs in much the same way, as you could attract subscribers to your magazine. This concept would save you having to sent out DVD's, CD's, MP3's, etc. if you could just strike up a deal and an account on YouTube to coincide with GP articles and lessons! I really value the free introductory lessons on YouTube! Thanks again, Larryz twothumbs

Edited by Larryz (06/09/17 07:41 AM)