Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

I could say.... "fully analog"! :laugh:

galanti.jpg

It's a vintage Galanti, made in Italy around 1955/1960, all original parts, fully restored. Plays nicely!

and now let's recall all the accordion's related jokes! :wave:

My band: www.tupamaros.it - Our music: https://tupamaros-it.bandcamp.com/

Galanti Accordion + Voicelive Play | Roland FA-07 | GSI Gemini Rack | MIDI Drawbars controller (custom made) | IK Multimedia UNO Synth Pro 

I could say.... "fully analog"! :laugh:

galanti.jpg

It's a vintage Galanti, made in Italy around 1955/1960, all original parts, fully restored. Plays nicely!

and now let's recall all the accordion's related jokes! :wave:

Nice!

My latest purchase is a power cord for my Nord Stage 2 which for some reason uses a 2 pin power cord rather than the standard 3 pin like every other keyboard I own including the Nord Leads. I misplaced mine and now it is down until Amazon delivers a replacement. :P

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

• 3 weeks later...
I've gotten a few great things lately, but the last one is a Fender Super Champ X2 tube head. I've finally gotten myself an electric guitar and decided I needed something I could easily use with both my Rhodes and guitar. I love the little thing, and I haven't even plugged it into my computer and customized the models yet, its only gonna sound that much better. Planning on doing a little video of it with the Rhodes at some point to show it off. I've put off the tube amp for years, and I wish I hadn't, finally got the tone I've always heard but never recreated.

Couldn't make my mind up between the Lounsberry Organ Grinder and the Tall & Fat. Eventually ordered the T&F. A week later, ordered the OG too!

Unfortunately, the delivery system seems between the US and the UK appears to be one old guy on a bicycle. Over two weeks, and no sign of anything arriving yet.

I USED to think that I was a fairly patient sort of person. Evidently, I'm not.

SSM

Occasionally, do something nice for a total stranger. They'll wonder what the hell is going on!

• 3 weeks later...

Cables. Lots of cables. New cables for my keyboard rigs, new cables for the band PA, new power strips, etc.

Hardly thrilling.

Can't have enough cables, really. One bad cable can ruin your night. I now have a rollaboard suitcase full of them, all neatly organized. I'm the man.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Picked up 2 EV ELX112P speakers with covers from Proaudiostar for a good price. Sold my Eons in 2 hours on Facebook. Have some new right angle cables arriving today to help with my live setup.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

(hopefully didn't post this already)

Picked up a Behringer Powerplay P1 - for $49, a stereo headphone amp with limiter? Hard to go wrong! I'm now able to pan my monitor mix (this vocal there, this one there, guitar waaaaay over there etc) and it's helped a lot with being able to monitor at even lower volumes in my IEMs.

Also got a G&L asat classic tribute model, $299 for stupid deal of the day on MF. Unfortunately, I twice jammed my middle finger of left hand playing bball and haven't been able to play it much...jammed fingers are the devil especially as I don't heal as well at 49 as I used to....

Replacement volume and audio input pots for my Fantom X7....

http://syntaur.com/Images/3030-Lg.jpg

... and a Furman SS-6B outlet strip.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wPdouknVL.jpg

Live: Yamaha S70XS (#1); Roland Jupiter-80; Mackie 1202VLZ4: IEMs or Traynor K4

Home: Hammond SK Pro 73; Moog Minimoog Voyager Electric Blue; Yamaha S70XS (#2); Wurlitzer 200A

After selling off my S90XS and a few other studio and 'gear closet' items, I picked up an FA-08; unfortunately the action didn't quite work for my hands..Great SN sounds and features though.

So I bumped up to an RD-2000. Best live gigging move in a long time. While it's only a few pounds lighter than the S90XS, the RD is tighter, more compact - with at least a reasonable stage footprint; doesn't feel like I'm going to knock over persons or property while setting it up. Possibly best extra benefit: 9 sliders and a dedicated clone engine. Yea Roland !

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

After a detour with the Roland JD-XA, I finally got it right in picking up the Roland System 8. I'm having a blast with it. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Spacestation v.3 and Soundcraft Signature 12 - very happy with both.

How did you get a v3? Or do you mean the latest generation of the spacestation?

Sorry...the nomenclature confuses me. I know there was some talk of changing the version number to v.5 when they went to plywood and new lighter power supply. All I can tell you is that my unit says v.3 (had it about a month) and both Sweetwater and Aspen Pittman web site still list it as v.3.

I weighed it on my bathroom scale and it is 38 pounds...which may or may not be accurate. The new "Lite" versions ones are supposedly 32 pounds.

Also, the serial number ends in 0316 so I believe that means it was the old one (perhaps "v4").

In any case, I didn't do anything special to get the non-Lite version (which I know some folks prefer).

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

Ah Ok. Thanks!

Do you like it? Or did i miss your review in the thread with 200 pages:)

Yes, I like it. My thoughts are similar to others: nice detailed, spacious sound particularly for sounds with stereo content. Bass is a little weak but not a big deal for the music I play. I'm probably a little happier with it for acoustic piano sounds (Nord Stage) than some.

Last Friday, my duo used it as the only amplificatiion for a small room....replacing two amps, monitors, PA. It was a different experience...more like a bluegrass band that mixes itself because we were basically hearing the same mix that the audience heard. I liked it. I posted a similar comment in the main Spacestation thread, so if you have follow up on this use, we should probably move it over there.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

• 4 weeks later...

Scored an Ensoniq VFX-SD for $180. Quite a warm sound for a digital synth, not to mention some of the most gorgeous pads I've ever heard.

Also awaiting the arrival of a Keylab 88 for controlling Mainstage. Wanted something with a good variety of controls and better build quality than the M-Audio stuff.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud