Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Acousticsamples B-0 Organ for UVI Workstation

Hello Arno- I tried re downloading and reinstalling both the latest UVI workstation and B-5 v2. Here is what i have found so far.

I am using a novation Impulse 49 with cc# settings that match the default set

of B-5 v2. In the standalone version of b-5 i can control drawbars-percussion

reverb distortion etc. --But when i Move the control assigned to key click-

I get a red box around the gui and the program freezes. This even happens

when i try the midi learn function- as soon as i move the control to learn click

volume- the program freezes.

Now for the interesting part :)- When i use it in mainstage i am able to "Map

a Mainstage controller to the click volume by clicking on the click volume knob in the gui (standard mainstage mapping procedure) I get the red box

and the program freezes but when i reload b-5 everything works as it should.

I only use this in Mainstage so far anyway- so - so far so good.

I am using a 2012 quad 7 mac mini - 16 gig of ram - ssd- latest version of

osx Sierra. Latest version of UVI.

Really love this program- key click is not a deal breaker- but just wanted you

to know what i've found.

I quess if no one else can reproduce this -it must be on my end, but not sure

what else to do.

Thanks in advance

Doug

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Open a new instrument strip, right click, select UVI Workstation.

Then click on UVI in the channel strip and in UVI select B-5.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

aL,

You choose 'UVI Workstation' for the input on an instrument track. Just like you would choose any virtual instrument. Once UVIWorkstation is there, you click right in the middle of the label to open up the UVI interface. Then you can load up the B-5.

It works for me using MS3 on my Macbook Air from 2013 (just barely - CPU is maxed but no clicks/pops).

I keep getting confused by the topic title and forget to open it. Was it called "B-0" when it first came out? I can't remember.

I was a bit annoyed that I had to update UVI Workstation to use the update, but that there isn't an update for Falcon yet that is compatible, as I prefer to exclusively use Falcon now vs. UVI Workstation or MOTU MachFive v3 (which I bought first).

This update is a HUGE improvement, but I haven't compared to my XK-1c yet as I prefer a waterfall semi-weighted keybed when doing organ parts and having everything be self-contained. But I might re-track some older stuff and compare.

I didn't like the presets though, and they seemed same-same in spite of their names indicating extreme differences. I may have done something wrong and not actually successfully selected the presets, whether for upper or lower manual.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

I keep getting confused by the topic title and forget to open it. Was it called "B-0" when it first came out? I can't remember.

Yes - for about 10 minutes until AS realized the negative connotation!

I didn't like the presets though, and they seemed same-same in spite of their names indicating extreme differences. I may have done something wrong and not actually successfully selected the presets, whether for upper or lower manual.

I have experienced the same issues !

Only the drawbars seem to change when selecting new presets, percussion, vibrato , organ and leslie model settings remain the same,..... i don't think this could be intentional.

Having said that, i like it very much, it sounds absolutely stunning !!!

See Arno's post on the previous page re selecting presets which alter all settings, not just drawbars.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

See Arno's post on the previous page re selecting presets which alter all settings, not just drawbars.

Yeah, you open the Presets panel and then you can load them from the right. I can attest that all of mine (except the 2 I need to resubmit to Arno), load not just drawbars, but leslie settings, tube distortion, Cho/Vib, mechanical noise etc. It all loads properly. This thing is smokin' :cool:

Yeah, you open the Presets panel and then you can load them from the right. I can attest that all of mine (except the 2 I need to resubmit to Arno), load not just drawbars, but leslie settings, tube distortion, Cho/Vib, mechanical noise etc. It all loads properly. This thing is smokin' :cool:

thank you, should have read the previous page more properly :blush:

I am digging this more and more too...it's superb !!

How do you think it compares with the top hardware equivalents ?

Hi Arnaud,

I am much impressed with the new V2 version of the B5 library. The new version now definitely beats GSI's VB3 which still had the edge. The organ itself is much more detailed and capable of much more tones - from Jazz to ballsy Prog Rock - then the VB3 and the new Leslie is a miracle - absolutely the best available at this moment. Especially the 122a model is very, very realistic.

Because the Leslie is so great, I wonder if it might be possible to make it available as a separate VST effect - so without the organ. I would love to be able to run the organ into a distortion effect like so many great players from the seventies used to do, and then place the Leslie afterwards.

I can recreated this sound now only using the MeldaProductions Vintage Rotary effect which was the best VST Leslie up to now. It would be so great if one could use the new Leslie you and UVI developed instead... Could you work something out with UVI?

All the best and thanks for a great - and free! - update.

Roland

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

About the Leslie, no, sorry, you can't use it out of the B-5 instrument. That being said, the B-5 Leslie is based on UVI's Rotary: https://www.uvi.net/rotary.html

There are just a few differences, the biggest one is the impulse responses are ours on the B-5 and they used different ones in the plugin.

www.acousticsamples.net

Gig tested last weekend.

With my church band I use my laptop as primary sound source. They have a Roland RD700GX there which makes a good midi controller so I only need to bring my laptop.

Good timing since 2 of the songs we did last Sunday were heavy B3. I really liked it and it will replace my previous VB3 / Melda leslie combo.

The leslie 122A and 1969 C3 were my favorite combination. This is the first B3 clone vst I have enjoyed playing. Nice work.

Hi Arnaud,

I already feared it would not be easy to have a stand alone version of the B5 Leslie. I had guessed that it borrowed from UVI's rotary and that this could complicate things. If the biggest difference is your impulse responses, there is only the possibility that UVI updates it's Rotary plug in with your impulses tot the standards set with the B5 leslie. The B5 leslie is much better then UVI's Rotary which is also inferior to MeldaProductions Vintage Rotary and the leslie used by GSI in their VB3. I have tried the demo of the UVI rotary and it sucks.

Would you want to make a deal with UVI about your impulses and if so is there a possibility UVI would want to upgrade their Rotary to the leslie of the B5? I would buy a stand alone version which is as good as the B5 Leslie just to be able to get close to Dave Sinclair beautiful distorted Hammond sounds - listen to Caravans "In the land of Grey and Pink" and you 'll want this too...

Thanks for your answer and hoping that there might be an opening along the lines I sketched...

All the best!

P.S. I agree with DaBous. The leslie 122A and the 1969 C3 are my favorites too.

I really don't think it will be possible, we worked together and they decided to use their own IRs, so it really was a choice.

That being said, i only mentioned the IRs, but that's not all that was changed from their version, we tweaked it for hours to make it sound like our 122, and i'm afraid how we tweaked it has to stay a secret ;)

Oh and yeah, i agree, i like the 122A the most, it's actually our 122 model and the one that was used in the comparison video.

www.acousticsamples.net

They made the wrong choice at UVI's... ;) Too bad it can't be different, but sadly things don't always work out as well as the could..

I can live with using MeldaProduction's Vintage Rotary as stand alone leslie if I want a wah or a distortion effect between the organ and the leslie.

Thanks for your answers and good luck with acoustic samples!

I can live with using MeldaProduction's Vintage Rotary as stand alone leslie if I want a wah or a distortion effect between the organ and the leslie.

To me MVintage Rotary sounds much better than the B5 Leslie anyway. The B5/MVintage rotary combo is killer. There seems to be a bug BTW: even if the B5 Leslie is switched off, the B5 slow/fast switch still produces a light Tremolo effect.

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

To me MVintage Rotary sounds much better than the B5 Leslie anyway. The B5/MVintage rotary combo is killer. There seems to be a bug BTW: even if the B5 Leslie is switched off, the B5 slow/fast switch still produces a light Tremolo effect.

If you hear that light tremolo effect, then you are talking about the B-5 Version 1 ;) The version 2 is completely different, especially the Leslie.

www.acousticsamples.net

If you hear that light tremolo effect, then you are talking about the B-5 Version 1 ;) The version 2 is completely different, especially the Leslie.

Can you explain what the differences are between normal and high leslie mode ?

Is the 'high mode' more cpu intensive for an even better result ?

That said, thank you for such an outstanding plug in.

I am all over the moon with this superb Hammond emulation, this is such a purchase that does not leave me wanting for anything but to play it !!!

The difference is very subtle (you need to listen to it using headphones and with the saturation and reverb to hear it), but it's there.

In high quality mode, this basically increases the order of the equation responsible for the reflections inside the Leslie.

This makes the Leslie sound a little wider and makes the sound a bit more immersive.

www.acousticsamples.net

Maybe try "ce truc c'est de la balle!" (literally "this thing is the ball")

Well, I was aiming for "This thing kicks ass", but I guess there is no easy way to say that in French :laugh: