Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

Thanks really the singer and the guitarist really write the songs I kind of produce them with my experience in Reggae. It's not my favorite song we do but the crowd likes it.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• 2 weeks later...

Solid Brass live footage at Johnnie Brown's Delary Beach FL Friday Night 04/28/17.

[video:youtube]

I featured the rhythm section because 2 of the horn players were wearing shorts. Jason was playing keys, that's a Hammond SK1 on the bottom and a Yamaha on the top. Jason arranged the Live and Let die song for the band. Next gig is Friday May 12th at City Place. Everyone will dress nice for that one and I'll be video taping again.

Korg 01W/FD, Hammond XK-2, Neo Ventilator2, JBL Eon, Rhodes 88

Recently played my first gig with an acoustic jazz group called The Septet. I like the instrumentation (piano, bass, drums, and four horns), the players, and the repertoire. Hope to have more gigs with them in the future.

Here's a video clip of my solo on The St. Vitus Dance (by Horace Silver) and a link to an audio recording of the entire song.

St. Vitus Dance (full song audio)

Great Al ! One of the few tunes by Horace that I haven't ever played. You guys did a great rendition of it , true to the original style.

Really nice solo. I like how you pulled the time back at the end of your solo on those triplets. That reminds of an early Herbie thing. :cool:

I listened to the entire take. Everyone's really swinging and sounds great. What a fun band !! :thu:

Even though we're older than dirt we can still kick some butt. This was shot at Paul's Bar and Bowling in Paterson, NJ on 5/5/17. The unique framing is due to the fact that the only spot to put my Q2n and not be in the way was on top of the pool table, but at least you get to see the great Don Williams superb technique the way he sees it.

Lots of fun.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

This is a short synth piece I've been working on for far too long. But hey, I kept buying new things and trying them. Nobody pays me for speed these days. The melody/harmony lines are the Moog Voyager controlling a Model D by CV, using 3 osc from the Voyager and 2 from the Mini. The bass and bridge melody is just the Voyager, and the rest is a couple instances of Omnisphere 2, Stylux RMX, Kontakt, and my trusty Roland JX-8P.

Soundcloud link: Delores DeVoid

Hope you like it.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

Played some organ on a single by Old Jack Tap which just came out the other day. Check it out if ya feel like it. Bluesy-rocky-Americanaey stuff. :cheers:

(I didn't play the wurly, BTW.)

Broken 'n' Torn (Spotify link)

I like it, good job on the organ riffs and texture. Sounds more Stonesy to me than American, although the Stones borrowed their mojo from U.S. blues so I guess it's all a big circle. The intro sounds kind of like a freight train barreling through a howling snowstorm with all kinds of stuff flying through the air, or something like that, kind of cool.

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

Solid Brass at City Place on 05/12/17. 4 videos, one for each set, best part of each song. Videos were shot with a Sony camcorder and a Rode NT4 stereo mic. Edited in Sony Vegas turning up the bass and treble. Jason is on keys playing the Hammond SK1 on the bottom and the Yahama on top. The sound turned out good. I found a trick to stop static with my mic connection. I wrapped the base of the mic plug connection with thread tape. When people were dancing, I lifted the tripod above everyone.

For the 4th set I'm on the balcony for two songs then roaming in front of the band.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Promo video for the Three Dog Night tribute I'm in.

We play our first gig at the end of July.

The way this video was created, is the wife of the guitarist came and took pictures. We set up a black curtain and there were lights on top of it. We also took some shots outside in front of bushes. Then we had a rehearsal where I shot video with my Sony camcorder and Rode NT1 stereo mic. I edited the video in Sony Vegas, raised the bass and treble, then put the pictures on top of it, 20 seconds each. I'm playing a Hammond XK5 running through a Leslie 3300, along with a Korg Kronos on top. This is a spin off group of the Solid Brass band you see up above.

Once every few months, on a bored Saturday or Sunday, I pull something from the dust and post it in this thread.

Apparently this is one of those days.

This is called "A Minor Cool," from an album I put out a LONG time ago now in 2006. I remember being kind of thrilled when I made the decision (at the editing stage) to push the chorus all the way to the end of the song, instead of interspersed. It felt like jumping out of a plane somehow.

Anyway, enjoy. Step 2 of this occasional-post pattern is that I then get self-conscious about the shameless share and I pull the "plug" to so speak.

SOUNDCLOUD LINK: A Minor Cool

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

I always forget about this thread and forget to listen through some of the posts. Enjoyed catching up this morning. MathOfInsect - Cool tunes. I followed you on the soundclouds.

SkiGuy - A Three Dog Night tribute band is a fun idea. Loved the video/tunes.

Working my way back through time on the posts. Thanks for sharing!

NS3C, Hammond XK5, Yamaha S7X, Sequential Prophet 6, Yamaha YC73, Roland Jupiter X

All I've played live the past year is cover stuff.

If anyone's interested, here's a couple of tunes we did live at a wedding showcase last month (again, only on Facebook)

Mashup of new and old: https://www.facebook.com/Music4Scotland/videos/1778716565477288/?hc_ref=ARQfiKgaLUfRcCxkbvZkxTFxTcH-PuPzDNknqpZziGgwzQ5yDJvqJ9VvXJwKbhSjoow

A minute of a classic: https://www.facebook.com/Music4Scotland/?hc_ref=ARQshJAgZM0wcG4uNcU6P27Rd7J5-uoQAH7UlmHM_3zYh8ERBdIDfc52ydLEJc4QWMY&fref=nf

Hammond SKX

Mainstage 3

Here's another video with 7 more 3DN tunes. Same slide show, but the songs are different. This one turned out better because I told the bass player to turn up. He looked at me (jaw on the floor) and said no one has ever said that to him. What we'll do now is get more pictures at the live gig, pick the best songs, and I can make another video.

Thanks WavePackets. A 3DN tribute is a lot of fun because the keyboard parts are not complicated, but they are featured. Meaning, you can hear everything. With the horn bands, I'm in the back when the horns are playing. With this band I can always hear myself in the video. A 3DN tribute is great if you can get the 3 singers. It was a lot of work, the vocalists have their own rehearsal at 04:30pm, then the band shows up at 06:00pm and we practice the tunes for 3 hours.

Here's some "melodic rock" circa 1988. (MathofInsects thought his 2006 stuff was old!) Keys are all done on a D-50. No technical virtuosity required! Attempted to play parts and sounds that fit the song. And...tried to come up with parts where I could sing and play at the same time, so had to keep things simple! And to be honest, singing or not, I can't play complex stuff anyway - a man has got to know his limitations. :laugh:

Save a Place in Your Heart

Some music I've recorded and played over the years with a few different bands

Tommy Rude Soundcloud

• 2 weeks later...