Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2852684 - 04/29/17 11:46 PM OK, fine, me too: My Patreon page
MathOfInsects Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: California
I'm putting together a long-delayed "next" album, and I'm hesitantly doing the high-class groveling thing. I'm using Patreon. It's like gofundme, indiegogo, and the others: upscale begging.

Here's the rap: Though I do the side-man thing to pay the bills, I still identify primarily as a songwriter. My last record got a decent amount of left-end-of-the-dial spins and some (limited) licensing. The one before that ended up on npr.org's "Best of" for that year, via WFUV's Vin Scelsa's year-end list.

I recorded some basics for a new record in December, and am now working on additional tracking, plus looking ahead to mixing and the like. I have never wanted to use the crowd-funding path, but: I'm broke from my divorce, yet I think I might have a pretty good record in my pocket this time. I'm anxious to move forward. So I'm getting all crowd-fundy for this one.

If you'd like to hear my last record, you can find it here: https://soundcloud.com/mathofinsects/sets/josh-weinstein-love-alcohol

If you'd like to donate to the next one, here's my Patreon page. I have no idea how it works. Near as I can tell it's a fancy version of, "I ask for money and hope people give it." If you do give, you'll be the first to hear/see any tracks that come from the new record. WOW! I know, right?

Anyway: Here is the Patreon link thing.

Thank you, and God bless America.

KC Island
#2852708 - 04/30/17 06:34 AM Re: OK, fine, me too: My Patreon page [Re: MathOfInsects]
Markyboard Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Springfield, Virginia
I'm sold - great stuff on your last album. twothumbs cheers

#2853336 - 05/03/17 04:09 AM Re: OK, fine, me too: My Patreon page [Re: Markyboard]
BluesKeys Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I'll be jumping in. I now know how much fun begin is.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others. Groucho
NEW BAND CHECK THEM OUT
www.steveowensandsummertime.com
www.jimmyweaver.com
www.handsofmassage.com