Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2850782 - 04/21/17 05:55 AM The Syntonovo... has this been discussed yet?
Synthoid Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
New synth with unique keyboard controls. (Starts after a few ads}:

KC Island
#2850792 - 04/21/17 06:59 AM Re: The Syntonovo... has this been discussed yet? [Re: Synthoid]
Buzzzzzzz Offline
Gold Member

After about 2:50 he implies that the extra two control axes per key (side-to-side and along a key's length) are polyphonic, i.e., per individual key. He seems to say that a polyphonic synth connected to MIDI would respond appropriately. But how would those messages be transmitted? MIDI supports polyphonic aftertouch and (of course) polyphonic velocity. But AFAIK all other messages that send real-time parameter changes are channel based. Does it transmit those parameters on a different MIDI channel for each key that is pressed (up to no more than sixteen, of course)? I wouldn't think that would be practical.

#2850799 - 04/21/17 08:09 AM Re: The Syntonovo... has this been discussed yet? [Re: Buzzzzzzz]
MorayM Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: Wilts, UK
Keyboard familiarity with multiple dimensions of expression? Hell yeah! I can't wait to see what they do with it.

#2850804 - 04/21/17 08:22 AM Re: The Syntonovo... has this been discussed yet? [Re: MorayM]
waygetter Offline

Loc: Sausalito, CA

Looks like potential for some cool expression

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner