Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Crumar Mojo 61 Review - (LONG)

A multi-timbral 73 key version would see me throwing my credit card at Crumar. I wouldn't even hesitate for a second!

SSM

If they do a 73 key single manual it really needs the full Gemini sound engines (the VA synth in particular) and samples and please stick pitch and mod wheels on (maybe even AT). At that point it becomes a much more useful board for many.

61 key version would replace my Kronos live. Need the synths.... :idk::cool:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

How about a Vibraphone patch and an up to speed AP response before any extreme makeovers?

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Glad someone spoke up about the AP being laggy. Maybe someone with the Gemini tabletop or DMC-122 can chime in if they are seeing the same from the entire sample library/engine. I'm sure they are learning a lot from their work on the Mojo61 and Gemini based models.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I agree, a vibraphone sound would be great.

It's in my top 4 sounds for soloing on gigs:

Organ, Rhodes, Vibraphone, Piano.

Can't stand much else these days.

Find 660 of my jazz piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book."

Lookie what showed up on FB tonight.

http://www.hotrodmotm.com/images/misc/mojoclav.png

:w00t:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

A $2k Nord Stage at that. ;)

did Crumar consult you about pricing? :idk

LOL!!!!!!!!

yes! and they said (regarding Nord), "those Swedes need to lay off the brännvin when they're setting their price points!".

:)

Actually I added the cost of a dual manual mother-of-controllers DMC-122 which sells in the states for $1499 to the price of the Gemini expansion board @ $879 and got $2338. So I was thinking, you can get the entire brain of their would-be-"Nord Stage" for $879 on an expansion card, in a desktop format for $1149, a Mojo61 for $1499, the kitchen sink for $2388. Even the dual manual Mojo is only $2299.

So, ya. They could really do a 73/76key Gemini based multi-engine single manual for $2xxx.xx. They'd need to address a few things brought up by their most current customers and spend some solid time on an easy to navigate user interface. Perhaps they've already read about the shortcomings of the Nord Stage 2/3 and have some ideas about how they can maneuver around them. Wishful thinking, but this is really the board I wish'd the Mojo61 was going to be when imminent release was apparent.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

So, ya. They could really do a 73/76key Gemini based multi-engine single manual for $2xxx.xx. They'd need to address a few things brought up by their most current customers and spend some solid time on an easy to navigate user interface.

well then please let them know. :thu:

:nopity:

I'm very curious to see how this is implemented. First, what Clav parameters are available? Second, do we get both manual and auto-wah, and how is that implemented? I know we will find out "soon," but it will be interesting. For me, when I play Clav parts, sometimes I use autowah and other times I do it manually, depending on what I feel like and whether my foot control of the wah effect is working for me.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I assume that they'll implement it like they did on the Gemini; so all four filters plus the C/D A/B pickups, the volume control and the damper lever. Using my PC3 I use the sliders like the switches, when the sliders are down it is equivalent to the switches being in the forward position and vice versa. Same with the pickups, when the slider is down the pickup for C/D is D and the slider for A/B is B. I did this so that it the sliders will react like the switches do. With the PC3 9 sliders, I'm using 7 of them; the damper lever is also assigned to a slider. I would think that it could work similarly on the Mojo ......

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Glad someone spoke up about the AP being laggy. Maybe someone with the Gemini tabletop or DMC-122 can chime in if they are seeing the same from the entire sample library/engine. I'm sure they are learning a lot from their work on the Mojo61 and Gemini based models.

I have the DMC-122/Gemini and don't find the AP to be laggy at all.

Wm. David McMahan

I Play, Therefore I Am

Here's a FB vid of the new release (no, it's not up for download yet).

https://www.facebook.com/frankmontis.music/videos/1457073964335475/

Th last 30 seconds when the clav solos sounds amazing. It sounds real "ballsy" for a lack of a better word. I have not played a Clav that sounded that full before. That's a more useful Clav than I've had in any rompler. Do I hear a bit of "Whah" effect now.

That's beyond any expectations I had for a "Clav." I expected some thin plucky thing for comping with but this one sounds great as a soloist with Wah and overdrive. Full bodied such that it should really cut it.

Is the solo Wurlitzer sound at the intro been upgraded in some way? Or is it the same as before and is it using Tremelo? It sounds more aggressive and expressive than mine.

My final wish is we get a fast AP. Maybe it needs to be "modeled" too.

Is this old news? Just perusing crumar.it for news of the forthcoming update and who should appear in the "artists" slide show, but our own brotha Mitch Towne.

Hope you don't mind me posting this, Mitch?

http://www.crumar.it/homepage/Mojo_Gallery/0850_Mitch_Towne.jpg

Here for the gear.

Ha! No, I don't mind you posting this. I always try to be upfront about my relationship with Crumar. In fact, I made sure to mention it in the first post of this thread. :)

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Frank montis said that he use the expression pedal for wah wah, so not autowah wah

Authentic!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Did the update...

Not finding the wa-wa / LFO option for the clav in the edit FX page

The Clav doesn't sound on anything left of F1. Maybe this is authentic to a Hohner Clavinet but would it be possible to include the others?

And... she sure sounds out of tune to me!

AND.... more cowbell :wink:

Here for the gear.