Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Topic Options
#2847981 - 04/08/17 04:54 PM FS: Yamaha S70XS/Kurzweil SP4/Alesis QS/Ultimate/Standtastic
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area
I've been too busy to post ads.

I took three days off work this week to try to quickly sell items from my deceased bandleader's estate as his daughter lives in San Diego. I was amazed how fast most of the stuff sold, but there's a few items that are more specialized in their audience, and so I am posting here in hopes that I won't have to resort to Guitar Center:

Yamaha S70XS w/ ProTec bag, FP7 EXP pedal, CoverYourAx dust cover, extra sounds

Alesis QS7.1 -- nice semi-weighted organ-like synth action

Kurzweil SP4 -- excellent sounds from PC3X series, but has synth action, w/ Gator gig bag

I also have a couple items of my own that I didn't post, as I generally put myself last:

Standtastic keyboard stand w/ bag -- never used as band broke up right after buying it

Ultimate stand w/ mic extender, in silver w/ bag -- not a definite, so talk me into it

The S70XS has its original box, and I have extra voice banks from MOTIF XS that probably translate pretty easily to load into it.

As everything is heavy and shipping rates have gone up, I'm not too keen on non-local sales unless I know you. I'm still burned from helping someone out a few years back by spending $20 on a custom box -- which I still have -- and them backing out.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (04/09/17 01:45 PM)

KC Island
#2848008 - 04/08/17 07:23 PM Re: FS: Yamaha, Kurz, Alesis, Ultimate, Roland, Standtastic [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Here's the product page for the particular StandTastic two-tier "short" (48" tall) keyboard stand ($259 originally) that I have:

https://lm-products.myshopify.com/collections/standtastic-keyboard-stands/products/122ks

Since I bought mine direct though, it has become distributed by the GC chain and affiliates, so seems to be available now for $180:

https://www.amazon.com/Standtastic-122-Double-Tier-Keyboard-Deluxe/dp/B0002DUO8S

It might not be terribly expensive to ship, if I happen to have a box the right size. It's gotten dark now so I'd have to wait until tomorrow to check the attic. I think my alto flute shipping box might be the right shape and length. Or maybe the soprano sax shipping box.

The bag is really nice, with parallel zippers that are attached at the end. This stand is in near mint condition as it has never been used at all.

I don't have room for a permanent setup in my current space, and don't have time to learn all sorts of new accessories, so am trying to simplify as much of my life as I can -- especially for stuff that I set up and break down frequently and only for short periods of time.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (04/08/17 07:25 PM)

#2849318 - 04/13/17 11:32 PM Re: FS: Yamaha, Kurz, Alesis, Ultimate, Roland, Standtastic [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

It doesn't let me edit the original post anymore (which includes the title).

The Alesis QS 7.1 sold just now.

The Kurzweil SP4 has a local buyer who seems committed but is too busy gigging to pick it up for another few days. I'll hold it until next Thursday.

I've had two spam offers on the Yamaha S70XS. Not sure why it's getting no attention locally, but selling keyboards in the SF Bay Area has ALWAYS been hard compared to other gear.

Still prefer local for that one, so that the buyer gets the gig bag AND the original box. If it gets shipped, the gig bags goes away, and everyone knows how hard it is to find a good gig bag fit for Yamaha keys. The ProTec bag is an exact fit.

#2850477 - 04/19/17 02:18 PM Re: FS: Yamaha, Kurz, Alesis, Ultimate, Roland, Standtastic [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The Yamaha S70XS is the only thing left, and will go on eBay soon if necessary, which I hate to do as Yamahas are hard to find good fits for, and the gig bag is a perfect fit. Shipping it means giving up the gig bag as the original box can't accommodate both.

I still have the Standtastik stand as well, as I haven't found a shipping box the right size and shape yet. It has never been used.

#2853761 - 05/05/17 12:40 PM Re: FS: Yamaha, Kurz, Alesis, Ultimate, Roland, Standtastic [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

The Standtastik stand sold just now, locally.

The only thing that remains is my deceased band leader's Yamaha S70XS.

And maybe my Ultimate Apex stand if I decide I don't need it.

Edited by Mark Schmieder (05/05/17 12:40 PM)

#2855135 - 05/13/17 11:03 AM Re: FS: Yamaha, Kurz, Alesis, Ultimate, Roland, Standtastic [Re: Mark Schmieder]
Mark Schmieder Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Everything is now sold.