Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

Yesterday I bought a Nord Electro 5HP 73.

The RD700nx is way too heavy to keep schlepping to gigs (86lbs/39kg of gear), but I love it, so it's being kept for studio and gigs where 88 notes is a necessity.

The Nord is fantastic though - apart from being a great user friendly board with some great sounds, it weighs only 25lbs/11.4kg, plus, I'm thinking of ordering an SKB case like this: http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?id=98&c=88

It weighs only about a pound more than the Red soft case that Nord make.

Dave - How do you like the action on the 5HP 73 for playing piano?

NY Steinway B, Yamaha C6X

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SSPC1 for my MacBook Pro

and https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AMP150 for my SSv3.

It's the little things that count. lol

Oh and Plugin Boutique had the Novation V-Station on sale so i grabbed that too.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

a pair of Alto Truesonic TS210s. 10's, 22lbs, and two side handles. Not the best sound I've heard by far, but they seem ok for stage monitors.

I needed something light and inexpensive.

Nord electro 3 73, Casio Px-5s, Yamaha SY-85, A&H ZED FX mixer, 2 QSC K8.2s

A used Motif XF7. After 21 years of service it will replace my roland XP-80 in a 2 keyboard rig.

:like:

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• 2 weeks later...

MOTU Micro Lite.

My stupid Yamaha CP300 (my controller) disables its MIDI 5 pin out when its USB port is active and connected to a computer.

I use the CP300's USB to run to Mainstage's soft synths / plug ins. In this config, the CP300 no longer transmits MIDI 5 pin out to my external synths (which were set up hunky dory as performances).

Solved with the MOTU. I guess I'm now in the 20th century MIDI-wise.

J a z z  P i a n o 8 8

--

Yamaha C7D

Montage8 | CP300 | CP4 | SK1-73 | OB6 | Seven

K8.2 | 3300 | CPSv.3

I recently picked up a pair of KRK KNS 8400 headphones. They are awesome... They're light, they exposed a critical weakness in my prior mixes (250 Hz to 400 Hz), and my mixes have gotten much better as a result. They are only $150. They recommend you burn them in, so I hooked mine up to an iPod for two weeks straight.

I also picked up a PreSonus Faderport (the single fader version). That's a great piece as well, but I wish it had two pan pots (Cubase uses two for stereo channels).

Finally, I just bought UAD's AKG BX20 spring reverb plugin. It's a bit hungry on resources, but it sounds great. It gives drums and other sounds a great depth, without clouding up the mix. It's quite different from my EMT140 and Lexicon 224 plugins. Highly recommended...

Sundown

Working on: The Jupiter Bluff; Driven Away

Main axes: Kawai MP11 and Kurz PC361

DAW Platform: Cubase

I've been unable to sell my VR-700 (was hoping then to pick up an electro 5) so I'm reconciled to my current rig being "done"...for a while at least.

So I bought a guitar :) G&L tribute asat classic (natural wood model with alnico pickups)...the Stupid Deal of the Day at Musician's Friend had it at $299 (normally $499). I couldn't pass it up, especially since I haven't "bonded" with my current electric and am going to attempt to sell it.

A Tambourine, specifically for a recording...I beat the crap out of my leg. I gotta figure that out.
Hammond B-2, Leslie 122, Hammond Sk1 73, Korg BX3 2001, Leslie 900, Motion Sound Pro 3, Polytone Taurus Elite, Roland RD300 old one, Roland VK7, Fender Rhodes Mark V with Roland JC90

Just purchased an OB-6. Should be here on monday. Can't wait!

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Love to hear how people are indulging in their own musical world. All good.

That being said, I'd encourage y'all to spend on killer amplification. Completely floats my boat. Even mediocre gear can sound AWESOME with serious amplification.

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Love to hear how people are indulging in their own musical world. All good.

That being said, I'd encourage y'all to spend on killer amplification. Completely floats my boat. Even mediocre gear can sound AWESOME with serious amplification.

You mean like ''Fulcrum Acoustic 12 or 15 Ac'' ??

:wave:

Just purchased an OB-6. Should be here on monday. Can't wait!

I have the desktop version - it is a great synth - its hard to make it sound bad, and the multi-mode filter is just great. If you use a computer for music, the SoundTower editor is fantastic and a great help.