Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#2852055 - 04/26/17 12:57 PM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: Larryz]
3dog Offline

It was also demoed by both my brother and salesman /and maybe future teacher who set everything up and played the jazz and blues sound I want to achieve down that long road. I could have listen to him play all day. This little amp has amp modeling and recording software, headphone/Aux out and I have already tested it with my JBL PA system. The guitar will also plug straight into the JBL for a nice clean sound with no effects and those speakers through a much bigger sound out with no distortion cranked all the way up whereas the Peavey is very sensitive to electric vs acoustic electric.

Edited by 3dog (04/26/17 01:22 PM)

GP Island
#2852128 - 04/26/17 09:38 PM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: 3dog]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Northern California
I like the idea of running the electric guitar via your little amp's out to the PA. Makes it a nice pre-mix monitor situation... cool

#2853019 - 05/01/17 04:43 PM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: Larryz]
3dog Offline

Don't think the Jamstik can handle single or double string muting but there is a way to mute all strings at once. Sent an email to developer to see if there is a work around. Meanwhile I ordered a Fishman Triple Play wireless Midi system for my Hamer and will set that up so I can use Midi on my "real guitar". Not giving up on the Jamstik as I am still making progress.

Edited by 3dog (05/01/17 04:44 PM)

#2853035 - 05/01/17 06:52 PM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: 3dog]
Larryz Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Northern California
Don't give up on the jamstick as a training and practice aid. I have all kinds of books on scales, chords arpeggios, etc. The jamstick could be incorporated as a scale chart for instance. Not having to pick up your "real guitar" for a quickie idea or two, could cause that jamstick to come in handy. It will never replace a "real guitar" IMHO, but keep trying! thu

#2853099 - 05/02/17 05:15 AM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: 3dog]
Winston Psmith Offline
MP Hall of Fame Member

Loc: Inside the Beltway
Originally Posted By: 3dog
Meanwhile I ordered a Fishman Triple Play wireless Midi system for my Hamer and will set that up so I can use Midi on my "real guitar".

@3dog - Bear in mind that the Triple Play is designed to work with Soft Synths & Virtual Instruments within your computer, via USB. If you want to use it to drive MIDI hardware, you'll need a different sort of interface, unless you want to have your computer serve as the converter. (MIDI In from Triple Play to computer, MIDI Out from computer to external device.)

http://4-4-2music.bandcamp.com/album/regrets-only

#2853778 - 05/05/17 01:57 PM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: Winston Psmith]
3dog Offline

Yes, they make a foot controller to link to synths without a computer. Going to start another thread for the Triple Play. Just got it working with iPad and Mac as my Jamstik stopped working on the A string. Mfg said they are sending me a new one. Also you can't mute just one string you have to mute all or none. Don't know if that is a big deal to some but no show stopper for me.

#2860373 - 06/10/17 09:38 AM Re: Jam Stick + [Re: 3dog]
3dog Offline

Ok, I broke down and bought an acoustic-electric and now use all three for the learning process. I mainly use the Jamstik for learning/practicing finger picking, practicing scales and reading notation and the A/E for lessons due to it light weight and I don't need to plug it in or interface with any electronics although that will be a priority in the future. I use the Jamstik in the car while I am taking breaks at work. Right now I am going through the finger pain and callus building. I am told that the finger pain is "just the pussy leaving my body" and to keep playing as much as I can and that will pass. It is so much easier getting nice sounding chords on the Jamstik but I would say you still need to work on a "real guitar" at the same time. The electric is staying in its case until I can play guitar, too heavy for now.
Still learning with on-line sources using both Erich Andreas Complete Guitar System on Udemy and now Yousician as I wanted to concentrate on reading sheet music. Youscian works great with the midi interface of the Jamstik and I use that on my iPhone in the car and at home.

Edited by 3dog (06/10/17 09:53 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  A String, Bluesape, myles_rose