Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Viscount Legend Live demo

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that for the money the new Hammond stuff would be equal to the original Numa.

As far as Joey D. endorsements I have no horse in that race. I only know that the Numa was out slightly before the Mojo, so I went in that direction. I still haven't spent a lot of time with a Mojo.

Anyway... the original Key B stuff still sounds good, so I am looking forward to hearing what they have come up with. I know Elvio wanted to improve the faST percussion.I was OK with slow on the Numa though.

Kraft Music has the Viscount Legend products and accesories available for preorder on their website now. They are saying 3 week lead time for them to get them in, plus free shipping.

http://www.kraftmusic.com/sitesearch/?q=viscount

They look great and value.... I'm just not going to be the first one on this forum to pull the trigger. I'm not sure what their return policy is for a boutique instrument like this.

Yamaha U1 Upright, Roland Fantom 8, Nord Stage 4 HA73, Nord Wave 2, Korg Nautilus 73, Viscount Legend Live, Lots of Mainstage/VST Libraries

Had a nice talk with Wayne at B3 Guys in Nashville. The instant he gets his Legends in, I'm going on a road trip to check them out.

He is still being told end of April for delivery, but we all know how schedules are. Will report back after I get hands on. Starting to feel like I'm going to be the guinea pig on this one.

Moe

---

What is the main difference between the two KeyB/ Viscount new models?

I have never been much of a preset player, so on the lower priced Viscount I am not seeing preset keys.

One feature I would love to see is percussion volume. I have been howling about this for years, but it is such a factor when trying to adjust to a variety of different speaker systems.

The prices look good, and I am presuming the lower priced one is at a lighter weight. BTW... a benefit of the Mojo is that it is really at a light weight for a dual manual.

What is the main difference between the two KeyB/ Viscount new models?

I have never been much of a preset player, so on the lower priced Viscount I am not seeing preset keys.

12 reverse color preset keys per manual on the Legend, 2 push button presets per manual on Legend Live.

One feature I would love to see is percussion volume. I have been howling about this for years, but it is such a factor when trying to adjust to a variety of different speaker systems.

Percussion volume and decay knobs are on both organs.

The only other difference feature wise is that the Legend has a pre/post reverb switch that the Live does not. And the 3 buttons for choosing organ model on the Legend are collapsed down to a single button on Live.

Moe

---

Just listened to the Pat Bianchi clips. Man.... the bass sounds outrageous!

The CV sounds outrageous too. This is the best CV I have heard on a recording from a clone.

I knew it. I heard Elvio's offerings at NAMM many years ago and I KNEW he was on the right track. I talked to him many times about his frustrations regarding getting distribution.

But... the man did not give up.

There have been some other recent clone offerings that just did not deliver the goods.I had a module recently that I wanted to throw at the wall and couldn't believe others were claiming it was even adequate.

The Bianchi clips sound warm and real. It's a real achievement that any clone can sound that good on what is probably direct line into a video camera.

And that is the older version of the Key B Live.

Wow.

Seriously, is there any clone that Joey D does NOT endorse?

Love him, but....

#endorsementwhore

Weight Watchers.

Oh, so fresh. You must be proud of yourself.

Endorsing Artist/Ambassador for MAG Organs and Motion Sound Amplifiers, Organ player for SRT - www.srtgroove.com

Great sound, perfect user interface.

Can anybody comment on the action?

Perhaps Marco (KRK) can tell? He made the earlier five clips with Alberto Marsico playing the Legend, Marco might have put his hands on it?

ciao!

yes, I tested two different prototypes (in 2015 and 2016).

they both had the FATAR keys with a very light/fast action (the right one).

don't know about custom adjustments to the original FATAR keybed (if any), but the feel is really good :like:

This was my favorite clone at NAMM. I'll be waiting for the single manual version, which Elvio said would be forthcoming. :thu:

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Hey Moonglow

You heard the Key B at NAMM and said it was your favorite.

Just curious. What else did you hear there?

Oh and BTW.... A single manual would be very cool. I hope it happens at a price competitive with Crumar.

Hey Moonglow

You heard the Key B at NAMM and said it was your favorite.

Just curious. What else did you hear there?

Oh and BTW.... A single manual would be very cool. I hope it happens at a price competitive with Crumar.

Hey LX,

I really need to start with a disclaimer that although I briefly gigged with a Hammond/Leslie back in the day, I am not an organ aficionado. That is, I've never been able to fully appreciate some of the differences in Hammond attributes I read about here (e.g., C/V), you guys amaze me! So my preference for the Legend was based on less sophisticated analysis.

Basically, I liked the way it screamed (e.g., in the mid-upper registers). It just seemed to have more "attitude." And the built-in Leslie sim actually made me believe that I could leave my Vent at home. My direct comparison at NAMM was the XK-5, which I also liked, but I just seemed to connect more with the Legend, on a visceral level. I really liked Elvio too, which strengthened the appeal of this product.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Just listened to the Pat Bianchi clips. Man.... the bass sounds outrageous!

Anybody know if Pat is using the separate pedals output on his organ to run a separate bass amp?

Not in the smaller NYC clubs. He just used a small stationary amp the last time I saw him at Bar Felice - in fact he was sitting on it using it as a bench! - not sure the make or model. Come to think of it, I think he was only playing LH bass that time, no pedals. I wonder if pedal to LH also comes out the separate pedals output. He's playing again at Bar Felice (83rd and 1st Ave) next Wed Mar 22 at 8PM. If I can make it there I'll find out.

He just used a small stationary amp the last time I saw him at Bar Felice

I saw him using a Motion Sound KP-500SN.

I saw him using a Motion Sound too - at the Wes Montgomery Guitar Competition. But I'm not sure which one it is - it looks like a Pro-145, but there are no knobs on the front. I kind of like it - it seems even smaller than the 145. You can see it at the beginning of this clip:

[video:youtube]

Looks like an XK5 Killer to me.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Looks like an XK5 Killer to me.

It will cut into XK-5 sales due to the lower price if it sounds and feels right without significant glitches. Some people have reported technical problems with the build or strange cipher notes coming out of the XK-5, although I have been lucky - the wood is completely matched and no weird extraneous noises. It both sounds and feels like a vintage A/B/C - as close as I can get to it since I just can't put a 400lb vintage model in my home. (But it is a retirement dream when I move out of the city someday.)

He seems to really enjoy playing it. And Elvio's expression - he's digging it!

Do you know the name of that tune?

Tell Me Something Good. Written by Stevie Wonder and was a big 70's hit for Rufus with Chaka Khan.

Thanks! The band, the clavinet, the groove, the analog 70s before the digital 80s. Chaka Khan - fantastic singer!

New clip from YT, with Pat Bianchi, Alberto Marsico and Sanah Kadoura:

Both Legend and Live are to be shown in Stockholm 4/2/17!

"This is my rig, and if you don´t like it....well, I have others!"

"Think positive...there's always something to complain about!"

Pedalboard 18 is under the Legend. The pedalboard can get power from the console. Not sure if the Live can power pedalboard 25 without an adapter.

Looks like both organs are going through Viscount speakers.

The Leslie half-moon switch looks like a half-jupiter switch!

The Leslie sim sounds really good.

The drummer has superb timing and fresh ideas.