Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Your Latest Purchase (music related)

My first real poly analog -- DeepMind 12. And a new Stay music stand to play three boards in a stack. I've got some learning to do ...

Congrats Chuck but...you've been here long enough to know

Pics, or it didn't happen :cop:.

Just as soon as the new toys arrive. I got the red version of the Stay stand, because -- you know -- red is the coolest color for a keyboard :)

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

I just bought a shiny new Roland JD-XA. :thu:

Now, I've got to program my favorite Moog Sub 37 and Yamaha DX7IID sounds into it. :D

Programming it will be easy. Keeping dust and fingerprints off it will be impossible until the overlays arrive. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I have not bought much of anything in +5 years because I am cheap and stingy.

Anyway, I am going nerd. Buying:

16 meg of RAM from crucial

500GB SSD by Samsung

This is going into my 2011 MBP 13". Which I got for FREE.

No, I did not steal it. Or find it at Starbucks.

After, I am finally going VI, buying Keyscape and Omnisphere.

I figure I will only be 10 yrs behind the times instead of 30 yrs

:)

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Didn't need it but I'm a sucker for a deal... Yesterday I picked up a Behringer B212D powered speaker in excellent condition for just $45 off of CL. I guess I can use it as an amp for rehearsals and / or small gigs; although I already have a Motion Sound KT-80 and a GT SFX100 I sometimes use when I don't need much power.

Anyway, the B212d actually doesn't sound too bad, especially for $45, and IMO it sounds better that the Roland KC 500 I was playing though in the late 90's.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Yesterday I bought a Nord Electro 5HP 73.

The RD700nx is way too heavy to keep schlepping to gigs (86lbs/39kg of gear), but I love it, so it's being kept for studio and gigs where 88 notes is a necessity.

The Nord is fantastic though - apart from being a great user friendly board with some great sounds, it weighs only 25lbs/11.4kg, plus, I'm thinking of ordering an SKB case like this: http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?id=98&c=88

It weighs only about a pound more than the Red soft case that Nord make.

Yamaha YC73

Korg Kronos2 61

Yamaha CP88

Roland Jupiter 8

Roland JX3P

Roland D50

I went a little snare crazy, expanding my V-Drum set with a few real snares.

Gretsch Limited Edition Maple 5x14 snare, black and gold, high school colors. Was feeling nostalgic.

Ludwig Black Beauty 5 x 14 snare. The Kronos of the snare drums. You have to have a Black Beauty in the collection.

DW Collectors Titanium 6.5 x 14. A very versatile snare.

Some Remo SilentStroke heads and an Aquarian pad. I hate the pad. Love the head. Going to get some painters tape today. Saw a trick on YouTube to add a bit of tape to the SilentStroke head to get more tone. It has me itching for some toms next, and some of those quiet Zildjian cymbles..

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

Neo Ventilator 2 a couple weeks ago. Much better than the on board simulator, even on the new XK-5. It makes my XK-2 sound fantastic. Anyone who has a Hammond clone, get one of these boxes. The organ sound has always been there, even going back to 1999 with the XK-2. It's the Leslie that has been lacking. Even when the box is in the slow setting, it makes the organ sound full.
Korg 01W/FD, Hammond XK-2, Neo Ventilator2, JBL Eon, Rhodes 88

Finally pulled the trigger on an Ashly LX308B I've been coveting for some time.

A good opportunity to thank Paul Harrison, timwat, eric, Mark Schmeider, Michael Wright and Outkaster for sharing a little of their wisdom before I made the purchase. The Ashly is impossible to get acquainted with "in the flesh" in my home town so the advice on the forum was invaluable.

Yamaha Montage 6. Great board with a steep learning curve but totally unique.

Nordstage2, Yamaha MOXF6, Jupiter50, Hammond Sk1 73, Yamaha Motif rack, Studiologic Sledge v2, Roland A37, Studiologic VKM organ controller, QSC 8's,

Spacestation V3, Yamaha S700

Keyscape and Omnisphere 2.

Spectrasonics was not clear if the USB cards were included.

Did anyone get all the install DVD's and the USB ?

I am hoping to use the USB for install

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I got a deal on a Studiologic Acuna 73 weighted controller which arrived yesterday afternoon. I'm striving for a small footprint for the confined obscure spaces I usually play in.

I plan to use the Acuna 73 underneath my Hammond SK1 61, for which it will be used to trigger the SK1's AP's and EP's. I may swap out the SK1 61 for a NE 5d 61 for better AP and EP sounds and marginally worse B3 sounds.

Gigs: Nord 5D 73, Kurz PC4-7 & SP4-7, Hammond SK1, Yamaha MX88 & P121, Numa Compact 2x, Casio CGP700, QSC K12, Yamaha DBR10, JBL515xt(2). Alto TS310(2)

Got a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 for my mobile rig. Also needed a powered hotspot monitor, and pulled the trigger on a TC-Helicon FX150.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I convinced my wife to buy a small house for me to set up as a music studio and for me to do my stuff with bands.

Does that count?

I like your style man! :-)

Maybe I should do the same....

Yamaha YC73

Korg Kronos2 61

Yamaha CP88

Roland Jupiter 8

Roland JX3P

Roland D50

Waves Electric Grand 80 Piano and Electric 200 Piano.

Strymon Flint for my Hohner Pianet T.

Apple lighting to usb3 camera adapter for my ipod touch 6 gen.

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Just ordered a Standtastic 3-tier stand. Needed something where I could adjust the angle and spacing of each tier, and also be comfortable to play standing up. I've read reviews and posts about it here on the forum (svengled a bit,) and it seems like it may be a better fit for me than the erector set that I'm hauling around (OnStage 2-tier Z stand with Universal 2nd tier for the 3rd board.)

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, SY77/Korg TR-Rack, 01/W Pro X, Trinity Pro X, Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1, VFX-SD

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Roland RD-1000/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Last week, I bought a Roland MV8000 in very good condition. Also, I got a new pair of JBL LSR308 monitors. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Deepmind 12, Suitably challenging. Can't form an opinion on it yet, but so far, so good. I've gotten a few wicked sounds out of it.

Next up? A pair of RCF TT08-s units. Just because. Amplification matters in my small world. My current keys completely rock. I just want people to hear them.

On the horizon? A dual-keyboard B3 clone. I'm getting dangerous on B3 clones, and maybe time to step up.

Totally resisting the whole bing-a-laptop-to-the gig thing. We'll see how long that lasts.

Does buying a dedicated music house qualify here?

Want to make your band better?  Check out "A Guide To Starting (Or Improving!) Your Own Local Band"

Just ordered a Standtastic 3-tier stand. Needed something where I could adjust the angle and spacing of each tier, and also be comfortable to play standing up. I've read reviews and posts about it here on the forum (svengled a bit,) and it seems like it may be a better fit for me than the erector set that I'm hauling around (OnStage 2-tier Z stand with Universal 2nd tier for the 3rd board.)

I had a hodgepodge Invisible 2-tier/ProLine X 2-tier to stack three boards on stage for a couple years before finally getting this wonderful Standtastic 3-tier. Its actually not quite as compact as the mess I had before and a tad finicky to set up, but I LOVE it! Looks so much cleaner on stage.

Say YES to GAS ...

Cloning my rigs for the two bands I play in.

Rig one: Nord Piano 2, Nord Electro 4D, SSv3. All good.

Rig two: Nord Stage 2, Behringer Deepmind 2, RCF TT08-a.

Pulled the trigger on all the missing pieces: cables, pedals, throne, amps, mixer, etc.

I'm cloning myself. Two standalone rigs, no sharing :)

Well, actually three rigs, because I have my summer gig stuff.