Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The Big Photography Thread

My small little tribute to a great hero, John Glenn, first American to orbit the earth, and the last remaining astronaut of the original Mercury 7 has passed away. Thank you, and goodbye to a towering legend of space travel.

starstax__dsc8647kenlee2015-05-02_joedaviesairpark-2hr21mintotal-3mf8iso200-3700-nasashuttlecarrierboeing747-startrails-wing-d7000-1000px.jpg

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4693_kenlee_2016-09-10_2320_mtpinos_pathway_25f5iso2000-moon-flare-1000px.jpg

Mount Piños Moon Path (4693)

I went camping with my girlfriend and some friends at Mount Piños, CA, near Frazier Park. The campground, McGill, was at about 7500 ft/2286m. Clean mountain air, beautiful pines, onion-cheese-jalapeño soup with sourdough bread, burgers, Coronas with tons of limes, lots of talk and fun, and a half moon to light the night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work everyone!

I have to admit I used to overlook this thread until I acquired a small second hand DSLR last summer... now I'm hooked. I bought way too many lenses already and frequently spend sundays for photography trips.

My question: do most of you prefer flickr for image hosting/presentation?

Also, how do you do those neat watermarks? I could figure out how do to those manually in photoshop but I bet there's a shortcut?

It's not a clone, it's a Suzuki.

This is not meant to be comprehensive. It's not even close. It's just what I saw while NAMMbulatilng, and nothing more, with my iPhone in tow. Enjoy!

NAMMbulating 2017

http://elevenshadows.com/sss/namm2017/images-NAMMbulating-NAMM_2017/8576_kenlee_NAMM_2017_anaheim-moogtribute-jeanjacquesperrey.jpg

^ :like:

Practically my mantra!

As for Flickr, I used it once until I dumped my Yahoo E-Mail at which time I could no longer use Flickr, so had to delete the account.

For the short time I was there, I truly enjoyed the quality with which my photographs were displayed and the best part is it is free!

:)

I suppose the Flickr account is tied to Yahoo. I still have my Yahoo account, but I'm glad you mentioned Flickr in case I decided to get rid of it. Still need it for the Flickr account!!

500px.com and Google+ (not that anyone goes to Google+) keep the quality of the photos nicely, unlike FB, which butchers them.

Beautiful work everyone!

I have to admit I used to overlook this thread until I acquired a small second hand DSLR last summer... now I'm hooked. I bought way too many lenses already and frequently spend sundays for photography trips.

Also, how do you do those neat watermarks? I could figure out how do to those manually in photoshop but I bet there's a shortcut?

Sorry, I never saw this. I do like Flickr because they don't butcher the photo. I also use Wordpress to post here because they don't butcher the photo either.

I do each of those watermarks "by hand" in Photoshop using the text tool, choosing not to automate them so I can attempt to make them as low-key as possible. I really hate putting them there, but I get too many of my photos taken if I don't. But there are ways to automate it in Photoshop as well as by other means, doing batch processing.

Beautiful work everyone!

I like flickr the best. They give you a decent amount of control over how your images are presented. I'm not too keen on 500px, Mike Martin has had issues with his work getting essentially stolen by others and it seems the source of the leak was 500px.

I know Lightroom has a feature where you can automatically add a watermark on file export, there may be a plugin available for Photoshop as well.

Well, make no mistake, things are routinely stolen from Flickr as well.

I am really sure there are actions or some such thing for creating a watermark in Photoshop as well.