Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Let's hear it!!! Post your music here!

After being out of the game for over a year, I've found a band I want to play with! Amazingly enough, it was the very first people I happened to jam with since getting a different job/a schedule that allows me to play music, and its pretty much exactly what I like playing. High energy folk/rock music, sometimes even borderline punk. I've only played with em a few times but we've already got two shows under our belt, playing almost all original tunes by the songwriter. I'm excited to write some actual parts for these songs rather than just improving with the progression.

We're currently without a bass player or drummer, which has made me much more aware of what my left hand is doing. I'm definitely trying to beef up my consistency and trying to remember to hit the big root notes to fill out the sound. I imagine we'll fill out the rhythm section eventually though.

Here's two songs, one on a real acoustic piano that was at the first place we played, and one from the second night featuring accordion.

https://www.facebook.com/housewithayard/

https://www.facebook.com/housewithayard/videos/1479361365408635/

https://www.facebook.com/sean.fazzini.31/videos/748537138636181/

I did this back when I was studying The Equal Interval System as homework. I didn't "play" any of this. It's all point and click on to the staff or input from the keyboard, but it's an example of going from concept to demo. There are so many ways to get ideas for writing a song...put up a drum loop and try and find some changes you like and then find the melody, let your fingers do the wandering and see if they do something that you like, look at a set of lyrics and set them to music, etc. All are valid ways to work. This is another approach:

Love it! Great work

Unforgettable Homelands produced a song regarding the genocide of Pontic Greeks at the hands of Ottoman Turks. Our goal was to make known, one of the most tragic crimes in the modern European history, to those people that dont know much about it, or have never heard of it.

We present this to you, with respect to the memory of all those lost.

353000 (English)

Bandcamp site

https://antonisadelf...om/album/353000

Thanks.

Kurzweil K2661 + full options,iMac 27",Mac book white,Apogee Element 24 + Duet,Genelec 8030A,Strymon Lex + Flint,Hohner Pianet T,Radial Key-Largo,Kawai K5000W,Moog Minitaur,Yamaha Reface YC + CP, iPad 9th Gen, Arturia Beatstep + V Collection 9

https://antonisadelfidis.bandcamp.com

Had a trio hit at the Coronado Library on Friday. Here is an original of mine called 'Ilfracombe'. Forgive the iPhone on the piano audio quality.

Ilfracombe MP3

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I actually had this up on Shameless Plugs but, as luck would have it, it was quickly bounced down by another post, and then I was reminded about this thread, so I figured I'd post here as well...

This is the 15-song suite that makes up our adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" - I know, it's a bit of a commitment to watch the whole thing, but hopefully some of you guys will like it! Some pieces are folkier, or rockier, or jazzier, or proggier... I like to think it's pretty eclectic, but still has a coherent, cohesive sound that is ours. Anyway, to anyone willing to watch, thanks! (And if you could hit a "thumbs up" on the youtube video and/or leave a comment, that would be cool, too...)

[video:youtube]

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

A short video clip from a recent jam session at a Heidi's jazz club in Cocoa Beach. I was on vacation and itching to play, and found this club. It felt good to get my fix!

Nice, man. I enjoyed your playing greatly...even as I sat here squirming at how steadfastly the others refused to connect or engage with you on any level. You kept sending hello's over to the rhythm section, and they kept chugging away cluelessly (the drummer in particular). Awkward (them).

Now out! "Mind the Gap," a 24-song album of new material.
www.joshweinstein.com

A short video clip from a recent jam session at a Heidi's jazz club in Cocoa Beach. I was on vacation and itching to play, and found this club. It felt good to get my fix!

[video:youtube]QB5zjQubJ50

I liked it on YouTube but I'll add it here. Very nice indeed.

AvantGrand N2 | ES520 | Gallien-Krueger MK & MP | https://soundcloud.com/pete36251

Thanks Dave and 16251! I'm glad you liked it.

I also struggle with being a good sitter in type of guy. These situations sometimes include so many musical distractions that it's hard to get in the zone. I know some guys who play at the top of their game regardless of the circumstance, but unfortunately that's not me. The piano was a pleasure to play so that helped a lot. The ear to finger connection on this Yamaha C7 is excellent! :)

A few weeks ago, I posted a Casio PX-560M video that referred to a customer service educational video shoot. Here is one of the educational videos - the Casio is towards the end.

Watch the whole video to get the entire message. Perhaps many KC Forum folks have done customer service work and can relate to the behaviors mentioned therein. Your feedback is appreciated.

Each year, video comprises a greater ratio of my customer service consultancy's marketing and content deliverable. The intent is to keep the videos lively, informative and different. I'm always on the lookout for fresh ideas.

Most clients don't know that I play piano so this video could raise a few eyebrows, add a likability factor and hopefully differentiate my company. Thanks for making the time to watch this.

Steve Coscia

Nice, Steve! I dig the whole message about change and improvement in life. :thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Joe, At this stage no, I can not multitrack record. I'm not set up for it.
You have a computer right? There's free software out there, for either platform. But like Joe P said, it's addicting... :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Every once in a while I stumble across something I recorded a long time ago, and sort of forgot about, and then find it and think....actually, this was pretty good.

Here are two tunes from an old album of mine. I got lucky in that Vin Scelsa from WFUV in NY put this record on his "10 best" that year, and the list got picked up by npr.org for their "Best of" article. My two-hour in-studio with him is still one of my favorite music experiences.

The first is one I always liked the recording of, but stink at singing live (and even on the recording), so it just fell through the cracks. The second I used to do live now and then back in NY, and then, like most of the songs from that record, I let it drop off the set when I put the next record out, which had a very different vibe.

Enjoy. I tend to delete these things pretty quick when sanity strikes me again.

EDIT: PM me for link.

www.joshweinstein.com

Nice tunes man. You singing as well as playing? You have great control of both.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

Nice tunes man. You singing as well as playing? You have great control of both.

Thanks, man. Yeah that's me singing my own stuff, for better or worse. I sound different now, though. More like Clint Eastwood with Tourrette's.

www.joshweinstein.com

• 2 weeks later...

Since I first heard of the Beatbuddy drum pedal here, I decided to take the plunge and get one. No regrets. Anything that I can use without growing another hand has the fast track. I still need a lot of practice with it (and my crappy technique), but this is the best one man band stunt I've been able to put together in a long while.

Thanks, guys.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"