Music Player Network Home Guitar Player Magazine Keyboard Magazine Bass Player Magazine EQ Magazine
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#2848262 - 04/10/17 05:21 AM Re: New Space Station XL from Center Point Stereo [Re: mate stubb]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: U.K.
I know that Aspen f***** up on here, and I truly believe that Dave was 100% right to ban him, but at times like this, it would really be handy to have him around to answer questions!

iI guess what I need is for someone on here to A/B this against the original SS v3, not the new "improved" lightweight one, and give us all the lowdown on the XL.

Is it as good as the v3 + subwoofer? Is it reasonably move-able with no side handles? 65 lbs is a fair bit to dangle from a single strap. In short, is it a better buy than the SS v3 and sub. Not so much financially, but practically, and soundwise.

SSM

KC Island
#2848267 - 04/10/17 05:41 AM Re: New Space Station XL from Center Point Stereo [Re: Six-string-man]
Six-string-man Offline
Platinum Member

Loc: U.K.
Apologies. Dashed this off before I realised that there was a Page 2 to this thread!

Also, just checked, and this is WAY overpriced in Europe, more than $250 surcharge compared to the USA. I have just officially lost interest.

SSM

#2850455 - 04/19/17 01:22 PM Re: New Space Station XL from Center Point Stereo [Re: Six-string-man]
Tibbit Offline

I've put in a pre-order at Sweetwater for an XL and asked Aspen when to expect delivery. He said late June, or if production is delayed for some reason - which could happen, as I know for my product manager experience, it may be a month or so later. I'll A/B compare it with a pair of QSC K10's at a gig or two and post the subjective results. I won't be using it with my Hammond, I have a Leslie for that, but will be sending it stereo feeds from my Nord Stage2 and a wonderful old Motif Rack ES that I use as an electronic wind instrument sound engine.
Dallas

#2850548 - 04/20/17 02:50 AM Re: New Space Station XL from Center Point Stereo [Re: Tibbit]
TimA Offline

Loc: Nuevo Mejico
Wow, that's cool! Can't wait to hear what you think!

#2850840 - 04/21/17 11:40 AM Re: New Space Station XL from Center Point Stereo [Re: TimA]
Jazzooo Offline

Loc: San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
I liked this a lot at NAMM--I played through it and it sounded like the Spacestation only bigger. I know that sounds glib but it's also accurate.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Dave Bryce, Stephen Fortner