Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dig My Rig--Let's see your setup!

Not only are you the only other guy that I know that has a working Multimoog, but like you I also have the same shelf of old Keyboard magazines. My wife thinks that we are both nerds. :)

:laugh: I read your post to my wife (I'd previously told her about you). She agrees with your wife! :like:

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

• 2 weeks later...
any of you using a S70Xs Yamaha?

I had one for a while, it is a nice board. One of the best feeling weighted actions out there.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Makeover on the works.. but this is what I have nowadays..

studio%20medium%202.jpeg

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Finally assembled a desk I got on a "scratch & dent" deal. I'm using it as a (mostly) analog workstation. It's a very compact set-up for having so much gear. I am really digging the X-Air18 mixer. The DrumBrute has individual outs so this gives me a bunch of inputs with up to 4 effects per channel in a very small footprint.

16472971_1211160202333361_5048628379712958563_n.jpg

Here's a small pic about a keyboard rig I've recently seen. The band is preparing for a big arena show.

http://i.imgur.com/0ukcPXWl.png

To the right on the image is the Jupiter-80. It has a very realistic brass section sound. Above it is the Novation MiniNova for a couple of basses. To the left, a System-8 for most synth sounds, above an RD-700SX. In the middle the RD-700GX is a master controller for the whole rig, contributing piano and synth sounds as well.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a pic of my new studio setup. Mostly Ikea shelves, Ikea kitchen worktop as my table with some adjustable legs screwed into the bottom.

I use the Yamaha XF8 as the controller and i have it on a stand with some magic sliders so it glides under the table when not in use.

(I toyed with the idea of making a slide out stand hanging from the table but the XF8 is heavy so the sliders are cheap and work fine).

The SK2 was a present to myself last year in an attempt to kick my arse into learning how to finally play to properly.

(In my warped logic if i pay that much for something then i really need to put the time in woodshedding).

20170224_134404.jpgupload gambar

Yamaha MODX8, Legend Live.

Rig constantly changing, but here is my most recent photo:

http://musicplayers.com/misc/Scott_Keys2016.jpg

Not all mine!!! :-p The Akai Advance 61, DSI OB-6 and Radial Accelerator were on loan at the time for product reviews, but putting it all together for the photo let me feel a bit like Geoff Downes :-p lol.

My actual rig is just part of this image:

DSI Prophet 12

Korg Kronos X 73

Native Instruments S61

and a rack behind me that contains:

Roland V-Synth XT

Roland D-550

Korg Wavestation SR

(I also have the Wavestation AD but pulled it from the rack as I needed more space).

Lots of virtual instruments on the MacBook Pro, hosting instruments in Apple MainStage.

Scott

Keyboard player from the band, Dream Eternal Bliss

Editor in Chief, MusicPlayers.com

MusicPlayers.com The FREE online mag for serious musicians

http://www.musicplayers.com

MusicianFinder.com GET YOUR JAM ON

http://www.musicianfinder.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a good amount of pictures to url to, but how do I make them decently small? Otherwise they will fill the whole screen. :-(

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

You need to edit them with a photo editing software. Even paint in windows will let you resize them.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Hi!

I have a good amount of pictures to url to, but how do I make them decently small? Otherwise they will fill the whole screen. :-(

If you host them on an image hosting site such as Imgur, it gives you links for many different sizes.

Life is subtractive.
Genres: Jazz, funk, pop, Christian worship, BebHop
Wishlist: 80s-ish (synth)pop, symph pop, prog rock, fusion, musical theatre
Gear: NS2 + JUNO-G. KingKORG. SP6 at church.

Hi!

If you host them on an image hosting site such as Imgur, it gives you links for many different sizes.

I have my photos hosted at ImgBB. There does not appear to be a resize function there.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

You need to edit them with a photo editing software. Even paint in windows will let you resize them.

I have a Mac. Supposedly I can use Preview to resize them. I will try that now. Thanks!

OK. Here is everything!

IMG_1182.jpg

My basement "studio".

IMG_1184.jpg

Kimball Valencia organ (1983) from my aunt, who received it from my grandmother.

IMG_1183.jpg

Resident Audio T4 Thunderbolt Audio Interface.

IMG_1187.jpg

Close up of my main rig. Yamaha Motif XF8 on the bottom with a Yamaha YS200 on the top. This is what I use for performing live as well. I generally use the YS200 as a midi controller for the Motif.

IMG_1188.jpg

Close-up of the YS200 (4-op FM synthesizer from 1987).

IMG_1171.jpg

On the shelving unit - the Motif's case-a "Yamaha Deluxe Hardshell Case for MOTIF XF8/S90XS", a YPG235 (not used much anymore), and a Casio Casiotone CTK-370 (early 80s non-touch sensitive keyboard from when my mother was growing up.

IMG_1172.jpg

The Casiotone CTK-370. It actually sounds ok if I run the recorded output through some digital guitar pedal plugins, but again, it is not touch sensitive.

IMG_1180.jpg

Yamaha PSR-295 - got it from a flea market. It was missing the volume knob and the top "C" key when I purchased it for a dollar. It works fine though.

IMG_1150.jpg

Kimball Broadway Organ - this one has rotating speakers in it. It's no Leslie, but it does make the organ sound like a theater organ.

IMG_1165.jpg

Yamaha Clavinova CVP-305 - great instrument. I developed a lot of ability on this instrument, as I have played it since I was a kid.

-Max

Now the accordions that would not display on my previous post.

IMG_1175.jpg

Titano Virtuoso Converter accordion - my main accordion for solo/State Fair/Festival of Nations/etc..

IMG_1168.jpg

Borsini Vienna 723 wet-tuned accordion - my go-to for small band events where I will not be the main instrument. Sometimes I run it's microphone signal trough my Motif for reverb or delay.

So that is just about everything. I also own a Native American flute in the key of F#, and more accordions, most of which are not in playing condition; I seem to be a magnet for accordions, people just sometimes give them to me for nothing, just to get rid of them. :cool:

There you go!

-Max

• 1 month later...